I'm so excited we have a date now!!!!!! I have a question, with the T2 can you talk and search the web @ the same time on vzw network? I was told that you could, then told you could not.
    You can using Wi-Fi, you cant on sprint's or Verizon's 3G Network as they both use CDMA. so in short if you dont have Wi-Fi on a CDMA network you cant do voice/data at the same time.
    01-13-10 02:42 PM
    You can using Wi-Fi, you cant on sprint's or Verizon's 3G Network as they both use CDMA. so in short if you dont have Wi-Fi on a CDMA network you cant do voice/data at the same time.
    That is exactly what I was thinking the wifi would be useful for. I do hope this is the case. I had a hunch this would be possible and was thinking VZW should come back with a commercial showing this set up. I have yet to see them address this ATT claim. Maybe I just missed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 03:28 PM
    yeah wifi it a HUGE improvement...i can not wait
    01-13-10 04:46 PM
    I picked up a Droid on the 1/5... Seriously thibnking of coming back to BB... I beleieve I might jump back on the Tour II...

Today may have been the last straw, had to call for EMS at a traffic accident on our lake front highway today in bright sunlight and 25 degrees, I like to never got where I could get the thing to make the call make the call. Guess I'm needing buttons...

Back to truncated emails?? Ugh...
    01-13-10 05:05 PM
    Now all I read about in these threads is everybody's opinion about WiFi etc... The title is release date, not chirpping about what the phone is going to have. We all know what it is suspected to have. We have heard that the date is Feb. 3, lets try to gather info supporting that and post it. I don't want to offend anybody but I, like you am looking for continueous info supporting the release date. My 30 days is up on the 5th of Feb. So excuse my aggressivness, but if you want to know the specs... I am sure that they have been posted in a thread along time ago with an appropriate title.
    01-13-10 05:13 PM
    there is no need for any animosity...we are just working through problems and talking out ideas...this is the only thread that people check alot so this is the best venue for working through this...we are all in this together
    01-13-10 05:58 PM
    I use WiFi on my smartphone a lot more than I ever expected to - mostly at home when I want to download and install applications over the air or sync a LOT of data (such as setting up a new mail account). It's a lot faster than 3G.

BTW I am a current, suffering Windows Mobile user who held out for the Tour 2 after being eligible for upgrade pricing back in November, all thanks to the info and moral support on this forum. Can't wait for this puppy to be released.
    I just bought the Tour 1, but will return it in 29 days and buy the T2 hopefully...thanks to all of you and for saving me from yesterdays technology.
    01-13-10 09:03 PM
    I just bought the Tour 1, but will return it in 29 days and buy the T2 hopefully...thanks to all of you and for saving me from yesterdays technology.
    Don't forget you'll have a $35 restocking fee plus the price difference between the Tour and Tour 2. But it'll be worth it!

Anyone wanna buy an unlocked Tour?

01-14-10 04:59 AM
    Grrr, having a ballpark date actually makes the wait that much worse because now I want Feb. 3rd to just hurry up and get here...and I have a perfectly good 2 1/2 weeks until then that I can use being productive and not wish away, haha.
    01-14-10 06:52 AM
    I agree i find myself checking on here every day hoping there is new word. then it was just this morning i was wishing that the third would just hurry up and be here already.
    01-14-10 10:06 AM
    Don't forget you'll have a $35 restocking fee plus the price difference between the Tour and Tour 2. But it'll be worth it!

Anyone wanna buy an unlocked Tour?

Hey guys, I've got a question/dilemma.

My tour1 recently suffered an unfortunate accident and went for a swim. It no longer works at all. I have a 3rd party insurance policy on my electronics which will pay me retail for the cost of a tour1. With the T2 coming out in a couple weeks, I'm going to suffer and use my old env2 while I wait. I called VZW a couple days ago and they said they'd be willing to offer me a 1 yr contract price on the Tour1 because I broke mine. I'd come out $300 ahead if i got reimbursed for full retail but only paid 1 yr contract price.

Here's the thing -- VZW definitely won't let me get the T2 on 1 yr contract price when it comes out. What if i buy the T1 now (on 1 yr contract price), and return it within the 30 days and get a T2. Is this an effective way to avoid paying retail for a T2???

Thanks everyone
    01-14-10 10:16 AM
    Hey guys, I've got a question/dilemma.

My tour1 recently suffered an unfortunate accident and went for a swim. It no longer works at all. I have a 3rd party insurance policy on my electronics which will pay me retail for the cost of a tour1. With the T2 coming out in a couple weeks, I'm going to suffer and use my old env2 while I wait. I called VZW a couple days ago and they said they'd be willing to offer me a 1 yr contract price on the Tour1 because I broke mine. I'd come out $300 ahead if i got reimbursed for full retail but only paid 1 yr contract price.

Here's the thing -- VZW definitely won't let me get the T2 on 1 yr contract price when it comes out. What if i buy the T1 now (on 1 yr contract price), and return it within the 30 days and get a T2. Is this an effective way to avoid paying retail for a T2???

Thanks everyone
    As I understand it, we all still pay retail for the phones but the price is subsidized over either 1 or 2 years.
    01-14-10 10:49 AM
    You may end up a few days short, if the Feb 10th day is correct......but I won't hold my breath!
    I'd end up a few days short on my prediction too if 10 FEB comes through but I would NOT B MAD
    01-14-10 11:30 AM
    i got an upgrade in late feb....do you think the essex will be out by then cause im dying to get it
    01-14-10 01:06 PM
    i got an upgrade in late feb....do you think the essex will be out by then cause im dying to get it
    SEARCH
    10 char
    01-14-10 01:32 PM
    Maaaaaan, I just went to the Sprint store and played around with the 8350 and this was my first time using a trackpad. I love it! Can't wait until the T2 comes out because I'm so ready to get rid of my 8330m! Having 5.0 is also something I'm really excited about having! They can't release the 9650 fast enough!!!

01-14-10 03:39 PM
    Verizon Should release pretty soon
    01-14-10 03:59 PM
    Any info on a release date for sprint..and will it be exactly like the tour with the addition of trackpad and WiFi?? (Camera & Flash)
    Last edited by krazykid199; 01-17-10 at 02:24 AM.
    01-17-10 02:04 AM
    My guesstimate would be the same duration of time after VZ as the Tour1. Yes to the trackpad and WiFi but the pre-release sets have more memory so expect that, too. Rumor has it sporting a faster processor and it may share the same processor as the Storm2. I don't think there is any change with the camera. They will be running OS 5. They may also allow for a higher capacity microSD card.

01-17-10 05:30 AM
    I'm a current, suffering, ******** WinMobile user. It's like. they once heard of and saw a sketch of a BB and then tried to make a knockoff. This one I got from work, so I can't argue with free, but it is absolute crap.

I'm going to buy the Essex out of my own pocket and have them switch it out for my work phone. Can't wait!
    You may want to check your work's server compatability. I know my job has Good and they don't support Blackberry, only Palm and "beta" for iPhone and Droid.

01-17-10 05:51 AM
    01-18-10 03:27 AM
    Leak shows BlackBerry Tour2 near Verizon launch
    updated 04:50 pm EST, Mon January 18, 2010BlackBerry Tour2 leaked on CellBrite system

A leaked image of a CellBrite device screen with the BlackBerry Essex handset indicates the handset is nearing a release at wireless carrier Verizon. The smartphone will be officially called Tour2, but is also known as the 9650 and, formerly, the Essex. CellBrite is used by many carriers to preload software onto newly released devices.

The leak reportedly came from a source who traditionally leaks information related to Verizon, so it is assumed the provider will be among the first to release the Tour2. An earlier report showing the carrier's logo on the handset further substantiates this possibility.

A successor to the original Tour, the new handset adds Wi-Fi connectivity and an optical trackpad to help improve the reliability over the old handset. There is otherwise a carried-over 3.2-megapixel camera, and a 480x360 resolution, 2.4-inch screen first found on the BlackBerry 8900.

There is still no indication of the pricing of the Tour2, however. [via CrackBerry]
    01-19-10 04:55 AM
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I finally gave in on Jan 4th and got the 9630 before I went on vacation. I get back and see that the Tour 2 will be "released" on Feb 3rd. If I read the Verizon return policy correctly I can return and exhange mine for the newer phone correct? Other than paying the restocking fee, would I have to pay full price for the phone?
    01-20-10 01:10 AM
    Long time reader, first time poster.

I finally gave in on Jan 4th and got the 9630 before I went on vacation. I get back and see that the Tour 2 will be "released" on Feb 3rd. If I read the Verizon return policy correctly I can return and exhange mine for the newer phone correct? Other than paying the restocking fee, would I have to pay full price for the phone?
    You have 30 days from the day you upgraded the Tour. You will have to pay the restocking fee + the difference in price from the Tour to the Tour 2 for whatever contract you signed (1 or 2 year). Hope that clears it up for ya!

01-20-10 01:14 AM
    While connected to wifi, a cdma device does have the capability of sending/receiving voice and data simultaneously.

What you need to understand is what allows simultaneous voice and data. It is the use of two antennas. With AT&T, which aren't the only ones, you have a gsm antenna and an edge antenna. The two can work at the same time. A cdma antenna is not able to have a simultaneous connection over both voice and data services. There would need to be a second antenna in cdma phones to allow this. With a wifi connection you can have voice over the cdma and data over wifi.

Eat that AT&T, and Verizon's better 3g coverage.
    01-20-10 02:43 AM
23,186 ... 3738394041 ...