So, Sals Twitter says:

"Feb. 3rd = Tour 2 (9650) Release date. Might have a week delay but this is it peeps. Don't expect a huge campaign for it though "

:O Yay?
    Also read later in his tweets (yes totally stalking the poor guy) that Verizon will likely get it first.
    01-10-10 11:06 PM
    If you go back 1 page you'll see there was a big discussion on this earlier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 11:14 PM
    No date at all wonder if it will be before mid year
    01-10-10 11:20 PM
    I'm a little late with my information,(due to the fact I have not been on CB for a few days.) but I saw that Radio Shack has the S8530 and Best Buy as well. I called 1888BESTBUY to confirm the purple 8530 (for my GF) and probed for the release of the 9650 for Sprint. Now I'm not the one to believe any CSR's but the woman says that BestBuy Mobile was getting the 9650 close to the end of February.
    Now I've have read so far that Sal mention 2/02 for a release . I know BestBuy Mobile usually gets phones a little after it is release from the carrier. I've also read that Sal mentioned Sprint to release the 9650 first?? Really?? Is this still true? Only because (from my experience) we Sprint/Nextel folk get our releases shortly after Vzw.
    01-10-10 11:22 PM
    someone hasn't been paying any attention
    01-10-10 11:25 PM
    I've also read that Sal mentioned Sprint to release the 9650 first?? Really?? Is this still true? Only because (from my experience) we Sprint/Nextel folk get our releases shortly after Vzw.
    Sal confirmed that Verizon will do anything to get it out before Sprint.
    01-11-10 05:55 AM
    Greedy, greedy Verizon...
    01-11-10 07:23 AM
    smart smart verizon
    01-11-10 09:23 AM
    The 7th makes sense. There's a pretty big game being played that day. What better place to make a debut.
    01-11-10 10:17 AM
    Some news is better than no news :-)

So, Sals Twitter says:

"Feb. 3rd = Tour 2 (9650) Release date. Might have a week delay but this is it peeps. Don't expect a huge campaign for it though "

Also read later in his tweets (yes totally stalking the poor guy) that Verizon will likely get it first.
    01-11-10 01:30 PM
    Some news is better than no news :-)
    I agree! And a specific date, even if it's a day or two difference is even better! Less than a month, I can hardly wait!
    01-11-10 01:45 PM
    I have been waiting for months on this thing now..they better get it out soon :-)

I agree! And a specific date, even if it's a day or two difference is even better! Less than a month, I can hardly wait!
    01-12-10 03:46 PM
    May I ask why wifi is important. I really want to know...I'm a newbie as we call it.
    01-12-10 07:55 PM
    So, Sals Twitter says:

YAY!!!
    someone hasn't been paying any attention
    ^^^ LOL!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 08:13 PM
    May I ask why wifi is important. I really want to know...I'm a newbie as we call it.
    download data faster
    01-12-10 11:20 PM
    download data faster
    Also you'll have data capabilities where you may not get a carrier signal, i.e. inside your house, office, or university campus buildings.
    01-13-10 08:49 AM
    Also you'll have data capabilities where you may not get a carrier signal, i.e. inside your house, office, or university campus buildings.
    True that! Good point!
    01-13-10 09:02 AM
    Great Point. If the Tour2 is anything like the Bold 9700, then it is going to be a dope device. I bought a Bold9700 to try it out and I love having wi-fi. Never again will I settle for a phone without wi-fi.
    01-13-10 09:24 AM
    Great Point. If the Tour2 is anything like the Bold 9700, then it is going to be a dope device. I bought a Bold9700 to try it out and I love having wi-fi. Never again will I settle for a phone without wi-fi.
    The 9700 is awesome! I have one and absolutely going crazy with the Tour!
    01-13-10 09:30 AM
    I use WiFi on my smartphone a lot more than I ever expected to - mostly at home when I want to download and install applications over the air or sync a LOT of data (such as setting up a new mail account). It's a lot faster than 3G.

BTW I am a current, suffering Windows Mobile user who held out for the Tour 2 after being eligible for upgrade pricing back in November, all thanks to the info and moral support on this forum. Can't wait for this puppy to be released.
    01-13-10 10:15 AM
    BTW I am a current, suffering Windows Mobile user who held out for the Tour 2 after being eligible for upgrade pricing back in November, all thanks to the info and moral support on this forum. Can't wait for this puppy to be released.

I'm a current, suffering, ******** WinMobile user. It's like they once heard of and saw a sketch of a BB and then tried to make a knockoff. This one I got from work, so I can't argue with free, but it is absolute crap.

I'm going to buy the Essex out of my own pocket and have them switch it out for my work phone. Can't wait!
    01-13-10 10:24 AM
    I'm so excited we have a date now!!!!!! I have a question, with the T2 can you talk and search the web @ the same time on vzw network? I was told that you could, then told you could not.
    01-13-10 10:26 AM
    I'm so excited we have a date now!!!!!! I have a question, with the T2 can you talk and search the web @ the same time on vzw network? I was told that you could, then told you could not.
    Nope. That's a point AT&T makes in their commercials.
    01-13-10 01:20 PM
    Nope. That's a point AT&T makes in their commercials.
    Are you sure? Even if the device has WiFi?
    01-13-10 01:42 PM
    I'm a current, suffering, ******** WinMobile user. It's like they once heard of and saw a sketch of a BB and then tried to make a knockoff. This one I got from work, so I can't argue with free, but it is absolute crap.

I'm going to buy the Essex out of my own pocket and have them switch it out for my work phone. Can't wait!
    Hey man be careful with that. Another crackberry addict did the same with his work phone. Company went under( well they didnt pay the bills) and now he has a dead phone roped in and cannot seperate it from the line till its paid off or have a payment plan set up. So if it is not a well to do not going anywhere but up comp dont chance it my man.
    01-13-10 02:17 PM
23,186 ... 3637383940 ...