Another day and another disappointment.....

01-10-10 12:04 AM
    omg i cant wait for this phone to come out....my tour trackball sucks ***!!! GRRRRRRRR
    01-10-10 05:05 AM
    Can anyone confirm if the Essex is actually in Verizon's system? If so, it may signal a release in the next week or two.
    All you got to do is leave this fourm/thread and visit CB home page, its covered there! Photos and all.
    I will be at the verizon store on the 1st weekend to check it out. Will up date current tour with 5.0 OS 1st, see how everyone "really" like the T2 before shelling out tons of cash. But that just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 06:43 AM
    All you got to do is leave this fourm/thread and visit CB home page, its covered there! Photos and all.
    I will be at the verizon store on the 1st weekend to check it out. Will up date current tour with 5.0 OS 1st, see how everyone "really" like the T2 before shelling out tons of cash. But that just me.

No need to shell out tons of cash if one has an upgrade!

The T2 will have the same "innards" as the Tour, with a few changes like the track pad, better memory, etc. You get the idea. Should be a clean swap.
    01-10-10 07:23 AM
    Why is everyone hyping this release so much? Unless you need Wifi its really not that much of an upgrade over the Tour. I have a Tour and the trackball is fine, my box has a green dot on it. The 4.7OS is more than adequate for the majority of people that have the phone. Seems like the Tour and Storm were rushed and had so many problems they had to revamp it, add a couple features and then release it as the Tour 2/Storm 2. I'd rather wait and have a quality product than rush it and get another Storm 1.
    01-10-10 08:11 AM
    Don't know if this has been reported yet but...

Sprint 2010 line-up: leaked (Phone Arena News)
    i like the tour is mentioned but dam ... only one HTC phone???

i was hoping for like a TP2 running android
    01-10-10 08:51 AM
    Why is everyone hyping this release so much? Unless you need Wifi its really not that much of an upgrade over the Tour. I have a Tour and the trackball is fine, my box has a green dot on it. The 4.7OS is more than adequate for the majority of people that have the phone. Seems like the Tour and Storm were rushed and had so many problems they had to revamp it, add a couple features and then release it as the Tour 2/Storm 2. I'd rather wait and have a quality product than rush it and get another Storm 1.
    I think more likely it's being hyped by the buttload of people who've had continuous problems with the T1's trackball.
    01-10-10 08:57 AM
    Well he just registered as it is only his first posting to take it for what its worth LOL :-)

huh? it's in vzn and sprint's system now.
    01-10-10 09:04 AM
    yess, this gives me hope. I need to get off at&t ASAP
    What about AT&T makes you want to leave? Everyone I know who is on their 3G defends against the commercials. I love the look of the 9700 and this wait for the 9650 is driving me to violence and harsh words.

This forum helps.
    01-10-10 09:22 AM
    ck the other thread...sale says maybe feb 3
    01-10-10 01:51 PM
    The 3rd sounds good to me. Now I'm even more geeked.
    01-10-10 02:18 PM
    U r only thinking in terms of what you have. Everyone doesn't have a tour. Since u have one, the tour2 is probably not a big upgrade 4 u, but there were rumors of all bberrys coming out with wifi before the tour1 was released, so some people (like myself) are waiting for the tour2. Besides, the tour2 is a very nice upgrade from the pearl or curve.
    01-10-10 02:19 PM
    On the other thread sal says Feb 3rd for verizon!!
    01-10-10 03:10 PM
    Hi Everyone, I’m in deep trouble... and I surely hope we have some VZW employees/former employees that are familiar with VZW return/exchange policy..

So I had a (family) situation that took my mind off the BB world... as a result; I missed my 30 days grace period with 2 days... (Got my Tour 1 on December 10...)

Now that we have a rough estimated date for the release of the Tour 2/Essex, I am in desperate need to return my T1 and activate my old Curve 8330 for a while until the Essex shows up..

Could someone please help me with this?? As of today Sunday, January 10, 2010, I’m past 2 days the return time... does anyone have any experience if they might soften up on me and take it back even 2 days past??

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    01-10-10 03:24 PM
    Feb 3rd I'd the essex release date according to salomondrin

01-10-10 03:45 PM
    ^^^^^x2
    10 char
    01-10-10 04:36 PM
    finally a date yes!!!!!!! What a great birthday I'm going to have
    01-10-10 04:51 PM
    is the feb 3rd release date only for VW or sprint as well?
    just wondering thx
    I think its for the company that matters the most (lol) verizon

01-10-10 05:02 PM
    does anyone know if they will still offer a bogo when the essex is released?
    01-10-10 06:15 PM
    does anyone know if they will still offer a bogo when the essex is released?
    Not a chance
    01-10-10 06:34 PM
    a date, at last!!
    01-10-10 06:57 PM
    is the feb 3rd release date only for VW or sprint as well?
    just wondering thx
    Sprint should be around that date as well is what Sal said in another thread
    01-10-10 07:48 PM
    Contact Verizon customer service and explain your situation. MAYBE they will work something out with you.

Hi Everyone, I�m in deep trouble... and I surely hope we have some VZW employees/former employees that are familiar with VZW return/exchange policy..

So I had a (family) situation that took my mind off the BB world... as a result; I missed my 30 days grace period with 2 days... (Got my Tour 1 on December 10...)

Now that we have a rough estimated date for the release of the Tour 2/Essex, I am in desperate need to return my T1 and activate my old Curve 8330 for a while until the Essex shows up..

Could someone please help me with this?? As of today Sunday, January 10, 2010, I�m past 2 days the return time... does anyone have any experience if they might soften up on me and take it back even 2 days past??

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    01-10-10 08:15 PM
    I just upgraded to the 9630 (on 1/8) due to a cranberry juice incident and my storm. When I called CS I was told that I am eligible for an upgrade. I inquired about going through insurance to save my upgrade but was told if I go through insurance my upgrade date would be pushed back.

That said, I listened to her and used my upgrade but now with a rumored release date out for the 9650, I'm just wondering how one goes about switching devices within the 30 day window? Would I go into the store and they would wipe my current phone or am I supposed to wipe all information from the phone before I go into a store?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    01-10-10 08:47 PM
    I just upgraded to the 9630 (on 1/8) due to a cranberry juice incident and my storm. When I called CS I was told that I am eligible for an upgrade. I inquired about going through insurance to save my upgrade but was told if I go through insurance my upgrade date would be pushed back.

That said, I listened to her and used my upgrade but now with a rumored release date out for the 9650, I'm just wondering how one goes about switching devices within the 30 day window? Would I go into the store and they would wipe my current phone or am I supposed to wipe all information from the phone before I go into a store?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    i would feel more comfortable with doing a wipe myself before returning the phone, but i'm sure they wipe it anyways
    01-10-10 09:12 PM
23,186 ... 3536373839 ...