over on the other thread theres a guy from verizon says its in their computer and that we should be "seeing it in the IMMEDIATE future"
    01-08-10 06:03 PM
    When this phone finally drops, the period between researching what glitches come up and actually buying it is going to be so very painful.
    I wouldn't think there would be many glitches. If its OS 5.0 as we suspect than the addition of a faster processor (hopefully), WI-FI, and a trackpad shouldn't change much performance wise. One can only hope.

I was foolish enough to buy the Curve 8330 from Sprint last April and the processor is just too slow. I spend too much time waiting for that hourglass. I hope jumping from a 312MHZ processor to a 528MHZ makes a difference. I am hoping they might use the 624MHZ Bold processor but nobody else seems to think so. The battery life on the Curve is also terrible. How nice it would be to get through the day on a single charge.
    Last edited by rocco225; 01-08-10 at 07:14 PM.
    01-08-10 07:07 PM
    Don't know if this has been reported yet but...

Sprint 2010 line-up: leaked (Phone Arena News)
    01-08-10 07:24 PM
    So I bought an 8530 from Verizon and I have 30 days to return it. If I return it before the 30 days are up and get another phone do I get another 30 days to return that phone too? Ultimately, like most people on this thread...I want the Essex. If I have to pay full price...I will. But if I can beat the system and only pay the difference in price...that would be better. Just the resolution alone on my 8530 is enough of an incentive to get the Essex. Enough already! Release the Essex!
    01-08-10 09:01 PM
    No, you only get 1 30-day window and you will have a restocking fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 10:37 PM
    I wouldn't think there would be many glitches. If its OS 5.0 as we suspect than the addition of a faster processor (hopefully), WI-FI, and a trackpad shouldn't change much performance wise. One can only hope.
    True, true. But I've NEVER been an immediate adapter of any technology (mostly because I never have the fund on hand) and now I sort of prefer that fact because it gives it a little bit of time to be out in the real world with real people and hopefully said people will report back with any issues they have and I can spot trends and gather info on fixes or questions to ask when I'm buying. Something about paying full price for a new phone and having to return it because it malfunctions for a refurb really bothers me. O__O And who knows? I might actually like the original Tour better (doubt it), but only a side-by-side comparison could tell me.

But I've placed the research period cap on 2 weeks at the most...not gonna be able to wait much longer than that, lol.
    01-08-10 11:56 PM
    So since we all want to know when the Tour 2 comes out, i thought id go ahead and ask ChaCha!
    Their response was: "The Blackberry Tour 2 should be available as part of Verizon's BOGO program in January or February of this year."

NOW THAT GETS ME EXCITED!

For those who dont know what ChaCha is... its a program that you can call or text and ask it any question, anything, literally, in the whole wide world, and they'll give you the answer. Its totally legit.
    01-09-10 12:19 AM
    For those who dont know what ChaCha is... its a program that you can call or text and ask it any question, anything, literally, in the whole wide world, and they'll give you the answer. Its totally legit.

I hope you are joking...
    01-09-10 01:12 AM

I never post just would like to share this information
    01-09-10 09:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/es...ficial-400917/

I've been following this thread as well and it has given me hope that the essex will be here soon. I thought you might want to check it out if you have not already done so.
    01-09-10 09:54 AM
    Yeah i saw it, and it shed a little light. But sprint just crushed all my dreams
    Take your chat with the Sprint rep with a grain of salt. The reps don't have a clue about what is going on regarding new phones coming out.
    01-09-10 10:08 AM
    You really dont believe what the sprint folks told you , do you ?

I would imagine it will be out much sooner than that !
    01-09-10 10:10 AM
    Consulting with my supervisor= I am not confident in job= You are better off on CB and the members predictions.
    01-09-10 11:30 AM
    Take your chat with the Sprint rep with a grain of salt. The reps don't have a clue about what is going on regarding new phones coming out.
    second that...remember, the rep has incentive to sell phones now, not later.
    01-09-10 11:47 AM
    second that...remember, the rep has incentive to sell phones now, not later.
    this is true...i work at an electronics store...the goal is to get you to buy now not hold your breath for a new device...not my idea but its how it is...
    01-09-10 01:29 PM
    I was really hoping that RIM would announce the Essex at the CES show, but apparently not. I'm guessing they just didn't want to blow their whole load and just wanted the focus of their appearance to be on their new BlackBerry Presenter, only to hopefully announce the Essex soon.
    Last edited by trapped67; 01-09-10 at 02:39 PM.
    01-09-10 02:36 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the Essex is actually in Verizon's system? If so, it may signal a release in the next week or two.
    01-09-10 03:20 PM
    There's pictures in the other thread, and I can confirm it as well, TourBoy.
    01-09-10 03:21 PM
    Another day and another disappointment.....
    01-09-10 03:44 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the Essex is actually in Verizon's system? If so, it may signal a release in the next week or two.
    I'm sure everyone saw this....but, just in case...
    SKU for Verizon BlackBerry Tour2 9650 Dummy Units Now Appearing in Big Red's Inventory | CrackBerry.com
    01-09-10 05:10 PM
    So what is the likelihood of the Tour 2 being out in the next week?
    01-09-10 05:49 PM
    So what is the likelihood of the Tour 2 being out in the next week?
    None. No way it could be out that soon.
    01-09-10 07:23 PM
    Probably right, but sounds like we are getting really close. :-)

None. No way it could be out that soon.
    01-09-10 08:42 PM
    Another day and another disappointment.....
    huh? it's in vzn and sprint's system now.
    01-09-10 09:37 PM
    huh? it's in vzn and sprint's system now.
    He/she must not have seen the front page......or read the recent posts.....
    01-09-10 09:58 PM
23,186 ... 3435363738 ...