I just got off the phone with sprint, after a lil bit of arguing i talked to a supervisor and he confirmed it is in the system but couldn't give a release date
    01-07-10 11:20 AM
    Success good look, thanks for that beacon of hope! I can feel it coming!!!!!
    01-07-10 11:31 AM
    We're proud of you.Just Say No. Stay strong, the 9650's coming.We need to be more like a support group here.
    Yes, this is definitely a support group... A borderline obsession for me, I'm on this thread like every 2 hours checking it... This must END!!!
    01-07-10 11:33 AM
    Check this out:

Verizon is offering a new BOGO promotion but should you buy? | BlackBerry Cool

Sorry - I could not make it a URL for some reason.

Look like they ran that from Aug 14 until Oct 10, then the Storm 2 came out 18 days later on Oct 28th.

Not sure how long they are running the $99 Tour 1 bogo for though....

Almost 2 month promotion last time to clear out the Storm 1. If that math holds true this time, release date will be around March 21.

I was hoping for an earlier date than that. I guess it all depends on a multitude of factors.

I wish I had not researched all that - bummer....
    Last edited by mountainman; 01-07-10 at 11:42 AM.
    01-07-10 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the info!! This is great news!

kobayashi predicted it would be about 6 weeks for Sprint. We all know Sprint is getting it before Verizon so what I'm wondering is, if it takes Sprint about 6 weeks, how much longer than that should it take VZW to get it? Does it vary or is there a usually a typical amount of time between the two releases?

ETA - The post that was just posted directly above mine helps answer my question a little.
    Last edited by mojo pin; 01-07-10 at 11:46 AM.
    01-07-10 11:42 AM
    so I'm at work now. There is a mock up sku for the 9650 in the system....so it's got to be coming soon....
    yess, this gives me hope. I need to get off at&t ASAP
    01-07-10 11:43 AM
    Kevin said last night in smartphone experts portion of the cell phone junkie podcast that he thought the tour 2 would probably be out in February or March...He is usually right on with his dates!
    01-07-10 11:43 AM
    I can't even upgrade until March and I figured this phone would be out with time to spare for me... But now it looks like I may be doing some waiting myself!
    01-07-10 11:51 AM
    And in your experience, when a mock up sku shows up in the system, what's the ETA for the phone? 2 weeks...6 weeks...5 hours???

its hard to say or assume. the pixi was in the system about 1.5 months before it launched. the touch pro2 was about the same. so its usually about a month after it shows up in our POS system
    01-07-10 12:06 PM
    If I "break" my Tour 1, will I be able to replace it with a Tour 2 under the Sprint's replacement plan? Perhaps for an additional fee?
    01-07-10 12:06 PM
    If I "break" my Tour 1, will I be able to replace it with a Tour 2 under the Sprint's replacement plan? Perhaps for an additional fee?

i highly doubt that. there are plenty of tour1's in the warehouse they can send out as replacements
    01-07-10 12:09 PM
    I've had the pearl for maybe two years now... Got the Tour when it first came out, sent the first one in and got another one... ended up sending the second one back in because service was shotty. Ive been with Sprint for 8 years and my contract has been up since last febuary. Im sure Ill end up grabbing the tour2 because of the improvements and the lack of BB on sprint but who do I get in touch with to get discount/credit? Isnt there a 2nd level of customer support that is easy to deal with? I forgot what they were called...

Anyway Im super excited for the tour2! Trackpad + wifi + great screen resolution = COOMMMMBBBOOOO BREAAAKKEERRR

JC
    01-07-10 12:17 PM
    so i'm at work now. There is a mock up sku for the 9650 in the system....so it's got to be coming soon....
    yay!!!! :d
    01-07-10 12:23 PM
    Hmmm... Ok not to be a negative Nancy here but if I seriously have to wait until March or April to get my VZW 9650 I may seriously consider just getting the Nexus One instead. It seems kind of imprudent to release a phone like this so closely with an elleged power house like the Nexus One, which I believe is supposed to launch for VZW this spring.

So this information was like exciting and sad at the same time. I will be pouting somewhere now. But thanks for the updates guys!
    01-07-10 12:53 PM
    he is asking if vzn had a sale on the s1 before the s2 came out.
    OH, sorry, my bad.
    01-07-10 12:53 PM
    Check this out:

Verizon is offering a new BOGO promotion but should you buy? | BlackBerry Cool

Sorry - I could not make it a URL for some reason.

Look like they ran that from Aug 14 until Oct 10, then the Storm 2 came out 18 days later on Oct 28th.

Not sure how long they are running the $99 Tour 1 bogo for though....

Almost 2 month promotion last time to clear out the Storm 1. If that math holds true this time, release date will be around March 21.

I was hoping for an earlier date than that. I guess it all depends on a multitude of factors.

I wish I had not researched all that - bummer....
    The BOGO was going on before Christmas so maybe your timeline can be shortened.
    01-07-10 12:55 PM
    Freakin' sweet! Keep us posted!
    so I'm at work now. There is a mock up sku for the 9650 in the system....so it's got to be coming soon....
    Yes please do keep us posted!!! Hubbie could not wait for the tour 2, door bell just rang and guess who it is? FedEx with is Droid he's gonna be sorry he did that, when I bet that essex in my hand hahahaha. I should be mean and not help him figure out how it works, since it did not come with a manual LMBO. As for me.. im waithing on the TOUR 2 baby
    01-07-10 01:46 PM
    Man, that's the best news of the day, and I am out of school for snow, but that's better news!
    01-07-10 01:50 PM
    Man, that's the best news of the day, and I am out of school for snow, but that's better news!
    yeah im hyped about it also. tour1 is great, tour2 will be amazing
    01-07-10 01:54 PM
    Yes, this is definitely a support group... A borderline obsession for me, I'm on this thread like every 2 hours checking it... This must END!!!
    ditto! it's been a rough few weeks!

I'm still a cynic.... I feel like it wont be out till mid-Feb at the earliest!
    Valentine's day specials??

Just a thought- no expert.
    01-07-10 01:59 PM
    i've had my upgrade since september and have been waiting for this to hopefully come out in january but that doesnt look too good right now and i leave for boot camp march 2nd so looks like i will be waiting even longer to get the essex but by the time i get back there will prob be a tour 3...
    01-07-10 02:15 PM
    soon could = 3-6mos. I remember I had to wait for a year til they released the tour1.

I still stick with June/July release date
    01-07-10 02:21 PM
    Just got my 8530 today. My first smartphone and I love it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 02:34 PM
    I have a snow day today as well, but this news is definitely better!
    I would love to have a snow day here in California!
    01-07-10 03:06 PM
    I would love to have a snow day here in California!
    The snow is nice, but the 8 degrees in Nashville isn't .
    01-07-10 03:44 PM
23,186 ... 3233343536 ...