IMO Verizon wants to release the Tour2 as soon as possible so they can ramp up their marketing campaign for the Nexus One in the Spring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'd have to agree with you there. The Nexus One is gonna get a much bigger push than the Tour 2. I honestly would be suprised to see a whole lot of push for it. Those of us who like BB's know about it allready. The general public is probably gonna be more interested in the Nexus One.
    01-06-10 10:13 AM
    Just got the tour and love it could not wait any longer.
    01-06-10 10:17 AM
    I just read the specs on the Nexus One and...WOW, impressive. Now, should I wait for the Tour 2 or the Nexus?
    01-06-10 10:51 AM
    Now that the Nexus One has been mentioned and i have researched it, I am torn on the Tour 2 or the Nexus One.......well, i will probably go with the tour 2 since the nexus isnt out till spring for verizon and you can only get the phone off the internet..whats the deal with only on the internet? i see phones all the time that i like then i play with them in the store and i hate it, either because of the touch screen only keyboard or because the way the OS is designed. Online only seems like a bad idea, as i always have to play with a phone to make sure i like it before i buy.
    01-06-10 11:41 AM
    Now that the Nexus One has been mentioned and i have researched it, I am torn on the Tour 2 or the Nexus One.......well, i will probably go with the tour 2 since the nexus isnt out till spring for verizon and you can only get the phone off the internet..whats the deal with only on the internet? i see phones all the time that i like then i play with them in the store and i hate it, either because of the touch screen only keyboard or because the way the OS is designed. Online only seems like a bad idea, as i always have to play with a phone to make sure i like it before i buy.
    Well this is the phone designed by Google. Google is an online entity not your typical brick and mortar company. They're trying to change the way the market works. I think it's like $529 no subsidies or $179 through tmobile. Don't know if Verizon is gonna subsidize it or not.
    01-06-10 12:13 PM
    I'm new to this whole waiting game thing, and I was wondering how we find out the release date. Is it a press conference? or does it just show up on the sprint site? Is it usually in the morning that we find out? I just want to know what I'm looking for here! haha
    01-06-10 12:59 PM
    I'm new to this whole waiting game thing, and I was wondering how we find out the release date. Is it a press conference? or does it just show up on the sprint site? Is it usually in the morning that we find out? I just want to know what I'm looking for here! haha
    I am not exactly a newbie here but I feel this is a great question? I am assuming that this information about a release date will unofficially come from Sal or Kevin first and then a teaser page on VZW or Sprint.com. Does anyone actually know the process?
    01-06-10 01:19 PM
    I am not exactly a newbie here but I feel this is a great question? I am assuming that this information about a release date will unofficially come from Sal or Kevin first and then a teaser page on VZW or Sprint.com. Does anyone actually know the process?
    I'm certain Sal and Kevin have the inside leverage here and may know something now, but cannot until the official release date is announced by RIM or Verizon/Sprint. Word on the street is Sprint will launch first with Verizon shortly thereafter. But they are quick to put the info on the main page when it is released. Maybe we will hear somethng soon with the CES going on. *sigh*
    01-06-10 01:55 PM
    The official news will come in the form of an official press release from RIM. Those releases can be found here:

BlackBerry - Press Releases

They will normally let you know when the device will be available and on which carriers. There is no set amount of time between the press release and the product release. With some devices it can be a couple of weeks (or months for different carriers), and with other devices like the Storm 2, it will only be a couple of days.

The carriers will also put out a press release, but they will normally follow RIM so by watching RIM's newsroom, you'll know as soon as anyone else does.

01-06-10 02:30 PM
    I seriously hate all of you guys right now

I have an 8330 (and have been VERY happy with it) and was waiting for the Tour2 to upgrade (I'm eligible for an upgrade right now), then some friends over the holidays started talking about the Droid. So, being the responsible consumer that I am, I started researching the Droid pretty hard this week and made up my mind about getting one this weekend to at least try it out for 30 days. It just seems like something different and fun and I'm kinda tired of the same ol' clunky BB OS in new clothes. So, there it is - My mind was made up.

Then I came back here to check on a release date for the Tour2 (it became my second choice phone) and after reading the last few pages of this thread, I'm thinking of putting the Droid out of my mind and just waiting for the Tour2 now. You guys have all infected me with the BB bug again - Dammit! Haha.

And, just to ramble... The BB and the Droid are very different phones and each seems to excel at the other's faults. (i.e.: The BB is great with notifications and email, which the Droid is very clunky with; while the Droid has apps and browsing, and we all know BB App World sucks out loud as does the BB browser.) Ultimately, I should probably go with the Tour2 (that pyramid of phone priorities article that Kevin wrote a couple weeks ago is actually quite fantastic when thinking about what phone to get...even if it's just one BB vs. another BB) because it handles my "needs" but not necessarily my "wants"...As opposed to the Droid which will handle my "wants" but the "needs" are still up in the air.

Anyway, I thought it was funny how an Android forum will get you pumped for one thing and the BB forum will pump for another within 5 minutes of reading each. And now I have no idea what to do and will probably not sleep tonight. But needless to say, I'm subscribed to this thread
    01-06-10 03:51 PM
    actually the official news will show up somewhere here first....maybe from an annoucement from ces????
    01-06-10 03:51 PM
    actually the official news will show up somewhere here first....maybe from an annoucement from ces????
    that's what i am hoping. i hope ces vrings new updates on this device.
    01-06-10 04:32 PM
    Ready and waiting for some news...

I'm certain Sal and Kevin have the inside leverage here and may know something now, but cannot until the official release date is announced by RIM or Verizon/Sprint. Word on the street is Sprint will launch first with Verizon shortly thereafter. But they are quick to put the info on the main page when it is released. Maybe we will hear somethng soon with the CES going on. *sigh*
    01-06-10 06:27 PM
    I have the 8830 and am pretty freakin tired of it at this point. It doesn't even have a camera! Web browsing is horrible, and other phones have made it look like an old relic. Like many, I waited very patientely for the Tour. Then it finally comes out and everyone is putting it down for it's issues....and word of the Essex comes out so I'm left waiting. My new every two deal for VZW was over 6 months ago! I also kept a close eye on the Storm 2 but typing on a touch screen when you're used to keys is a nightmare. I'm about to start putting calls into anyone who will listen up at RIMM in Waterloo demanding some answers on the Essex. Also, I want out of Verizon and want in at Sprint. My bill for Verizon is way too high compared to that Any phone Anytime deal that Sprint has going. I'll cut my bill in half! I don't care I drop a few calls....I want to pay half! C'mon RIMM! Put the thing out! More than the trackpad and wi-fi I want the faster processer that the Essex has! Just put the freakin thing out already before all those new phones coming out make the Essex look like childsplay and no one will even want it then. It's been long enough!!!
    01-06-10 06:35 PM
    I have the 8830 and am pretty freakin tired of it at this point. It doesn't even have a camera! Web browsing is horrible, and other phones have made it look like an old relic. Like many, I waited very patientely for the Tour. Then it finally comes out and everyone is putting it down for it's issues....and word of the Essex comes out so I'm left waiting. My new every two deal for VZW was over 6 months ago! I also kept a close eye on the Storm 2 but typing on a touch screen when you're used to keys is a nightmare. I'm about to start putting calls into anyone who will listen up at RIMM in Waterloo demanding some answers on the Essex. Also, I want out of Verizon and want in at Sprint. My bill for Verizon is way too high compared to that Any phone Anytime deal that Sprint has going. I'll cut my bill in half! I don't care I drop a few calls....I want to pay half! C'mon RIMM! Put the thing out! More than the trackpad and wi-fi I want the faster processer that the Essex has! Just put the freakin thing out already before all those new phones coming out make the Essex look like childsplay and no one will even want it then. It's been long enough!!!
    Grow up. Go to Sprint, who needs you.
    01-06-10 07:10 PM
    and because he wants to save money, he needs to grow up???
    mmmm....sounds like your the childish one.
    01-06-10 07:46 PM
    and because he wants to save money, he needs to grow up???
    mmmm....sounds like your the childish one.
    x2. LMAO...
    01-06-10 08:05 PM
    i think kvozel has a point...the op has plenty of options and would not even know about the tour 2 if he wasn't on here.

go buy a tour or curve 2 if you don't want to wait...or go to sprint and do the same...you will be less lame.
    01-06-10 08:06 PM
    Ooooff!!!!
    01-06-10 08:24 PM
    im with all you crackberry heads . I cant wait any longer for this dam phone to come out. Im stuck with this storm and I cant take it anymore. I have really contemplated going to tmobile and jailbreaking an iphone but I just cant leave Verizon and BB. I need my dam tour 2.
    01-06-10 09:10 PM
    At least wait till after the CES show.

01-06-10 10:31 PM
    i think kvozel has a point...the op has plenty of options and would not even know about the tour 2 if he wasn't on here.

go buy a tour or curve 2 if you don't want to wait...or go to sprint and do the same...you will be less lame.
    Actually tough guy I didn't hear about the Essex from this site...there are plenty of other sources talking about it. Have you ever heard of using Google News? People on this site are so annoying when they say, "If you can't wait, just get the Tour or Curve." Like we don't know that's an option or something. The purpose of this thread isn't to talk about giving in and settling for the inferior obvious option....its to b*tch about how frustrating it is that the Essex isn't out yet and hopefully gain some insight as to when it will be!

01-06-10 10:44 PM
    for people like you...it is about ********. and you are coming from an 8800 and complaining about a phone that has not even been announced yet? funny.

try calling rim...yeah...thats the ticket. demand answers. you deserve to know!

let us know how that works out for ya.
    01-06-10 11:28 PM
    I'm not calling RIM genius. It was just an expression of the level of frustration. Its been years of dissapointments from RIM mainly because the Storm wasn't what it was billed to be....then the tour comes out and weeks later rumors of the Essex coming before Christmas begin to fly. It just finally feels like they got one right, and myself and others are excited about it. Go have fun with your shiny new purple Curve.

01-06-10 11:42 PM
    ... And the tension is rising... lol
    01-06-10 11:59 PM
23,186 ... 3031323334 ...