Did you get this from Uncle Jim? And that's a big sammich!
    Thanks. I love those! Cherry Way or the Strip has the best!

Now, back to release date speculation.....

The recent leaked release for the Tour, OS 5.0.0.419.... does anyone remember or recall if there was a leak for the Storm1 right before the Storm2 came out? I looked but couldn't see anything.
    01-04-10 08:25 PM
    yep...i was thinking the same thing. so far, i am digging 419.

The leak of the .419 Tour OS today has me thinking the Tour 2 is almost here. The .4XX OSes seem to be what RIM's making official these days and I'd bet this .419 or something close gets an official release soon. And with that Tour 5.0 OS release, we should also see the Tour 2. I hope it's as good as we're all expecting.
    01-04-10 08:35 PM

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm beginning to become skeptical. First the rumored date was a week before christmas. Then jan 15, we know for sure now its not jan 15th because we would have heard the official announcement by now. feb 10th? I sure hope so, but I have my doubts. I might just jump on 8530 or samsung moment and just hope that essex releases within 30 days.
    I try to never get my hopes up with dates but I am getting really impatient as well!!! I think i'll give it another month and then give in and get the original Tour.... that would at least give me a bb and an extra month to wait...
    Last edited by LawGirl56; 01-04-10 at 10:08 PM. Reason: additional thought
    01-04-10 10:00 PM
    maybe it will come out in red around february like the 8830 Red did to revive the 8830 phone. The tour2 and 8830 red are more like mid series refreshes on a vehicle to me. Have no idea about the feb time frame I'm just sayin i'd wait til Valentine's day to get one dressed in red.
    again im still claiming Valentine's day.

I'm just wishing they'd do a 9650 red like they did wit the vday 8830 rerls

01-05-10 07:23 AM
    ^ usually a month before the release.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm beginning to become skeptical. First the rumored date was a week before christmas. Then jan 15, we know for sure now its not jan 15th because we would have heard the official announcement by now. feb 10th? I sure hope so, but I have my doubts. I might just jump on 8530 or samsung moment and just hope that essex releases within 30 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I went ahead and ordered an 8530. If the tour comes out within 30 days I'll probably trade it in, if not I get an upgrade through Sprint every year so I'll just have to wait.
    01-05-10 07:30 AM
    I went ahead and ordered an 8530. If the tour comes out within 30 days I'll probably trade it in, if not I get an upgrade through Sprint every year so I'll just have to wait.
    You may end up a few days short, if the Feb 10th day is correct......but I won't hold my breath!
    01-05-10 12:15 PM
    I'm trying my best to wait..I need a phone like yesterday. Really don't wanna waiste my up grade getting the original tour. Maybe I could buy one off ebay or something. Tour 2 where are you
    Last edited by chitowngirl40; 01-05-10 at 12:33 PM.
    01-05-10 12:29 PM
    I'm trying my best to wait..I need a phone like yesterday. Really don't wanna waiste my up grade getting the original tour. Maybe I could buy one off ebay or something. Tour 2 where are you
    I am doing the month to month thing until the T2 releases - I picked up a new Tour for $200 off Craigslist. I hate the ball!
    01-05-10 01:54 PM
    With the Google N1 launching to VZW in 'Spring 2010', wouldnt it make sense for VZW to get the T2 out several weeks before that date? So the Google N1 can pickup the lull seen after a new (T2) smartphone is released?
    01-05-10 01:59 PM
    With the Google N1 launching to VZW in 'Spring 2010', wouldnt it make sense for VZW to get the T2 out several weeks before that date? So the Google N1 can pickup the lull seen after a new (T2) smartphone is released?
    It makes sense to you and I......and everyone else here on the forum but we are at their mercy!
    01-05-10 02:29 PM
    I want my Tour 2!

When is this thing going to be out????????????
    01-05-10 04:08 PM
    If the Nexus One comes to Verizon before the Tour 2, I am jumping on that instead...it looks amazing. Hopefully the Tour 2 will be out within the next month so it won't be an issue.
    01-05-10 04:37 PM
    Wonder when Verizon will be getting the Nexus One? Will be pretty bad if they get that before the Tour 2.

If the Nexus One comes to Verizon before the Tour 2, I am jumping on that instead...it looks amazing. Hopefully the Tour 2 will be out within the next month so it won't be an issue.
    01-05-10 06:18 PM
    So I stopped at the Verizon store today. Played around with the Tour and the Curve 2, probably looked like a ****** because I was comparing them to see if I could possible get the Tour and put a trackpad on it instead of the ball. By the way, as far as I can tell this isn't possible, it was humorous to stand there and think about though. I'm getting so impatient and I keep hoping there will be a date soon! I'm almost tempted to go with the Droid just because I want a new phone since my upgrade was over a month ago now
    01-05-10 06:56 PM
    So I stopped at the Verizon store today. Played around with the Tour and the Curve 2, probably looked like a ****** because I was comparing them to see if I could possible get the Tour and put a trackpad on it instead of the ball. By the way, as far as I can tell this isn't possible, it was humorous to stand there and think about though. I'm getting so impatient and I keep hoping there will be a date soon! I'm almost tempted to go with the Droid just because I want a new phone since my upgrade was over a month ago now
    sameeeee frikkin boat!!!!!
    01-05-10 07:39 PM
    go with a storm 2 in the meantime and when the essex comes out grab it!
    01-05-10 11:20 PM
    TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR haha. i like the keyboard on the tour compared to the curve, even tho the tour has the trackball which i kinda like seeing as they fixed it and what not. If u have to, I'd recomend the Tour.
    01-06-10 12:34 AM
    So I was at IHOP yesterday morning & while my gf & I were talking about how we cant wait for the Tour 2 to come out. An old guy comes in wearing his hat saying USS ESSEX CV-9! Creepy The Essex is haunting me! come out already so I can buy you
    01-06-10 08:29 AM
    AHHH this is driving me crazy...!
    01-06-10 08:31 AM
    So I was at IHOP yesterday morning & while my gf & I were talking about how we cant wait for the Tour 2 to come out. An old guy comes in wearing his hat saying USS ESSEX CV-9! Creepy The Essex is haunting me! come out already so I can buy you

Thats a good one im so ready for that phone even with this new os .419 that leaked for the 9630 a few days, i still want the essex. lol
    01-06-10 09:11 AM
    It's a little concerning that there isn't more info out about this phone. Hard to envision a January, or even February, release date with so little out about this phone.
    01-06-10 09:38 AM
    It's a little concerning that there isn't more info out about this phone. Hard to envision a January, or even February, release date with so little out about this phone.
    I wouldn't be concerned their isn't a whole lot of info because it's really just wifi and a trackpad. The rest of the hardware and software is the same. Only so much info you can put out about that.
    01-06-10 09:44 AM
    I wouldn't be concerned their isn't a whole lot of info because it's really just wifi and a trackpad. The rest of the hardware and software is the same. Only so much info you can put out about that.
    Yea, but we've heard nothing solid about release date and I'm surprised that there aren't more pictures/videos floating around.
    01-06-10 10:01 AM
    I just figured it's because this is really just a minor upgrade to an existing phone, not a new phone. It's nothing to get too excited about (except us crackberry users )
    01-06-10 10:04 AM
    IMO Verizon wants to release the Tour2 as soon as possible so they can ramp up their marketing campaign for the Nexus One in the Spring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:09 AM
23,186 ... 2930313233 ...