I too am due for my upgrade have been since Nov. I am waiting on the tour 2 and think you should wait also. I hear it's gonna be a better phone than the original tour.
    Better phone?? Damn and I just bought my tour back in October '09. I need to be on these boards more often!
    01-03-10 09:01 PM
    Ok, my bad guys. As usual, Sprint customer service just lies through their teeth.
    01-03-10 09:12 PM
    so any news on a jan date!?!? I refuse to settle on for the curve 2..
    01-03-10 10:29 PM
    I really hope this thing comes out soon! i can't wait to upgrade out of my Alias 2 this thing sucks!! i've never had a BB but i am sure i will be satisfied with an Essex, so i am very anxious. Jan 15th? << please ahah
    01-04-10 12:25 AM
    Any updates on potential dates? January 15th?
    01-04-10 05:54 AM
    I've been looking all over the 'net for some sort of date or other information. I can't find anything!
    01-04-10 07:07 AM
    I went into the corporate Verizon store yesterday and recieved the most god awful service from a sales rep. For the current Tour they wanted $199 for me to upgrade with a $99 mail-in rebate. The sales person was so bad I finally just walked out. I should have caught some video of this person as it was that bad !

So , I went home and did the upgrade over the phone for $49. In a few days I will be the somewhat proud owner of a new tour. If the new Tour comes out before Feb. 4th I can mail the phone back and get a refund and then hassle with then getting the T2 since the phone rep says I couldnt take it in to a local store.

I want that trackpad and wifi bad enough to do just that though.
    01-04-10 07:26 AM
    I went into the corporate Verizon store yesterday and recieved the most god awful service from a sales rep. For the current Tour they wanted $199 for me to upgrade with a $99 mail-in rebate. The sales person was so bad I finally just walked out. I should have caught some video of this person as it was that bad !

So , I went home and did the upgrade over the phone for $49. In a few days I will be the somewhat proud owner of a new tour. If the new Tour comes out before Feb. 4th I can mail the phone back and get a refund and then hassle with then getting the T2 since the phone rep says I couldnt take it in to a local store.

I want that trackpad and wifi bad enough to do just that though.
    Yeah, you'll have to send the phone back, but no big deal - a FedEx return label will be in the box when you get the Tour. And hopefully this beyatch will be out soon.....at least a release date!
    01-04-10 07:28 AM
    Do you think RIM will use CES to announce new Tour as well as other new stuff? Or, maybe it will be Sprint and Verizon that make announcements. The Tour 2 is not likely to be BIG NEWS since it is an upgrade, but it will be big news to this thread.

(BTW: I'm getting pretty tired of Sprint reps making me feel "dumb" when I tell them I'm waiting for Tour 2. Yesterday, when the rep said he didn't know anything about the Tour 2, I referenced the internet. He said, "Well, those blogs don't know anything." I asked him if he thought the pictures and videos were fakes. He just frowned and walked away. At least this time, the rep was the one who frowned and walked away, not me. I wasn't trying to be rude and I know he was trying to do his job. But all that game playing just makes me weary. I hope we get word soon.)
    01-04-10 08:10 AM
    I've been looking all over the 'net for some sort of date or other information. I can't find anything!
    I too have been looking everywhere, no new information. Hopefully it will be like Sal said by Jan 20, lets just keep our fingers crossed.
    01-04-10 08:16 AM
    I too have been looking everywhere, no new information. Hopefully it will be like Sal said by Jan 20, lets just keep our fingers crossed.
    Maybe something will be out this week with CES happening but not holding my breath!
    01-04-10 08:55 AM
    I was really banking on some info this morning being its the first business day after the new year - major disappointment
    01-04-10 10:24 AM
    Thanks to all the members here. Reading your comments make it worthwhile to wait for the Tour 2. Almost tempted yesterday to get the curve 2. The wifi and trackpad feels much better. The sales rep told me that the Tour 2 don't be out until end of 2010. They are a funny bunch of people!
    01-04-10 11:43 AM
    hey everybody, we don't care about what every sales rep says. theyre all idiots...we've established that. stop spamming this thread with pointless posts. this is about the release date of the essex. only post information if you know about the actual release date.
    01-04-10 11:56 AM
    Thanks to all the members here. Reading your comments make it worthwhile to wait for the Tour 2. Almost tempted yesterday to get the curve 2. The wifi and trackpad feels much better. The sales rep told me that the Tour 2 don't be out until end of 2010. They are a funny bunch of people!

don't, wait for the tour 2. i have the curve 2 now and other than wifi and trackpad, its junk.
    01-04-10 12:12 PM
    hey everybody, we don't care about what every sales rep says. theyre all idiots...we've established that. stop spamming this thread with pointless posts. this is about the release date of the essex. only post information if you know about the actual release date.
    I don't know who you were referring to in regards to 'spamming", but I haven't read where anyone has. The forum is deisgned to discuss the pending release of the Essex, whether the info is from a Verizon rep or Uncle Jim.

And not all reps are idiots.
    01-04-10 01:06 PM
    Uncle Jim drank too much this holiday season, and gave up the release date of the Essex in one of his drunk tirades..... Feb 10

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 02:57 PM
    I check this thread everyday to see if anything new will be posted about the release date. I'm almost a little bit sad that once it comes out, I might have to start reading real news to get me through my morning.
    01-04-10 03:03 PM
    How soon after we hear about the release date does a phone typically come out?
    01-04-10 03:09 PM
    How soon after we hear about the release date does a phone typically come out?
    umm when the release date is released the phone gets released on that date.
    wow i said released alot in that sentence, lol
    01-04-10 04:12 PM
    ^ usually a month before the release.

Uncle Jim drank too much this holiday season, and gave up the release date of the Essex in one of his drunk tirades..... Feb 10

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'm beginning to become skeptical. First the rumored date was a week before christmas. Then jan 15, we know for sure now its not jan 15th because we would have heard the official announcement by now. feb 10th? I sure hope so, but I have my doubts. I might just jump on 8530 or samsung moment and just hope that essex releases within 30 days.

01-04-10 04:13 PM
    I check this thread everyday to see if anything new will be posted about the release date. I'm almost a little bit sad that once it comes out, I might have to start reading real news to get me through my morning.
    Hahahahaha
    01-04-10 06:51 PM
    The leak of the .419 Tour OS today has me thinking the Tour 2 is almost here. The .4XX OSes seem to be what RIM's making official these days and I'd bet this .419 or something close gets an official release soon. And with that Tour 5.0 OS release, we should also see the Tour 2. I hope it's as good as we're all expecting.
    01-04-10 07:19 PM
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not
    You doubt Uncle Jim?

I don't doubt Uncle Sal though.... It's coming soon.
    01-04-10 08:12 PM

Did you get this from Uncle Jim? And that's a big sammich!
    01-04-10 08:13 PM
23,186 ... 2829303132 ...