i was in a corprate verizon store today, waiting for my brother to get his phone fixed.

well while i was inline i heard a man asking a sales rep about the tour. the man asked if there were still trackball problems and if it had wifi. well the sales rep told him the trackball was fixed and that the only verizon blackberry with wifi was the storm 2. of course the man asking about the phones wanted wifi, but he didn't like the touch screen of the storm 2. the sales rep was really pushing for the storm 2 all the sudden, so the man said he had to think about it.

while the man was talking it over with his wife, i went over to the display phones, and on both the tour and the storm 2 i opened the boy genius article about the tour 2 and then i went back in line with my brother.

well the man that was interested in the phones went back and noticed the article i had opened, so he started to ask the sales rep about the phone. the sales rep starting going on about how there is no such thing as a tour 2, and that it was a fake article.

i guess the man didn't believe him, so he left the store without buying anything. then the sales rep come over to me and asked me to remove those articles right away before i cause another customer to leave. i couldnt believe that he was asking me to do this, so i said no and then he asked me to leave.

i've been with verizon for 8 years, never had a problem until this guy. i find it inexcusable that a sales rep would try and kick me out of the store just because i opened an article about a phone coming out. i was also disgusted that he would try and sell a more expensive device, even tho the man asking said he didn't like the touchscreen.

today i saw the real face of most sales reps, and i cant wait until the tour 2 gets a release date because i'll go back, and buy it from him just for the fun of it.
    So he said that all he had with wi-fi was the storm 2? uhhh cause the new curve also has wi-fi...sales reps amaze me sometimes at how greedy the are to make a sale.
    01-02-10 07:44 PM
    not all of them are like that. i was in a vzn store when the new curve first came out. i went in to check out the track pad. the sales rep asked me what phone i had now and when i told him i had the tour, he told me not to waste my money...that is was a major downgrade from the tour...and for me to stick with what i had.

i went straight to the store manager and told her that she needed to give that guy a raise for being honest.
    01-02-10 08:16 PM
    Sales is all you make it to be. If u want to be greedy and try to make money then you'll fail.
    If you are gonest and yourself people will buy from you. People don't buy from someone they don't like. If your a slaes person and you have a great people personality you will do well.
    I sell for a living and make a real good living at it and if somebody dosent wanna buy from you that one time there are plenty other people out there.

That was a great cs story though chiplatham

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 08:51 PM
    this phone needs to get here...like yesterday
    01-02-10 11:14 PM
    i am due for an upgrade Jan 31st and i am currenty using the lg env3 and am tired of it..do you think i should just buy the 9630 or wait until the essex..i have never had a BB and was looking for some opinions
    01-02-10 11:19 PM
    i couldnt wait :-( went and got the Tour... so far i love it, the trackbap would be nice as my right thumb is starting to hurt and i suppose wi-fi is rlly not that big a deal when im paying for a data plan that so far has not dissapointed me
    . I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, I am glad I got to see your post, I don't really need wifi and I don't think I can wait any longer lol

01-02-10 11:29 PM
    . I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, I am glad I got to see your post, I don't really need wifi and I don't think I can wait any longer lol

i feel the same way..well i still have one month to find out a release date and than i guess i'll see if i will be able to wait it out or not..but i am pretty impatient.
    01-02-10 11:32 PM
    Jumping on board with the folk who are about ready to just give up and buy a Tour. I needed a new phone about 4 months ago. The thing is busted with a capital B and has no service right now because I'm a brat and refuse to pay for service on a phone I can't frikken use...

Hubby has already volunteered to buy whatever phone I want and at the end of the day, I've been using dumb phones all my life and I don't think I would too much know the difference between a device running wifi and one that doesn't.

But dangit, how I do want that trackpad! >:/
    01-03-10 12:18 AM
    I cannot wait for the Tour 2. I've held out upgrading from the Storm but once the Tour 2 hits I'm going to be all over it.
    01-03-10 12:26 AM
    this phone needs to get here...like yesterday
    amen to that!
    01-03-10 03:35 AM
    The thing is busted with a capital B and has no service right now because I'm a brat and refuse to pay for service on a phone I can't frikken use...

Hubby has already volunteered to buy whatever phone I want and at the end of the day, I've been using dumb phones all my life and I don't think I would too much know the difference between a device running wifi and one that doesn't.:/
    Get a cheap pay as you go phone and activate it on your plan. This way you aren't wasting an upgrade AND you will have a phone til it comes out.

01-03-10 08:07 AM
    amen to that!
    Ditto. My upgrade (FE2) came in December, still waiting. I hate waiting, it's so annoying when I could be using a new BB. Since I'm new to BB's I figure it will take the better part of a night or better just to get it working the way I feel will be best for me.
    01-03-10 08:42 AM
    Well if you do go for the Tour now ...you have 30 days...I hope we see the Tour 2 soon too.
    01-03-10 08:56 AM
    I'm torn. My family plan has finally reached it's upgrade date and the wife needs a new phone bad, but I wanted to wait for this darn phone. I'm starting to think about the Curve2 because I want wifi and the trackpad, but the tour is so much nicer. This phone needs to be released already!!
    01-03-10 01:13 PM
    I'm really impatient for this release too and I can't even upgrade until the first of March! I would think it would be out by then but I'm afraid that if it's not, I'll be so tired of all the waiting that I'll go with the original Tour or the Curve 2. Odds are, even though I know it's not the "better" phone, I'd probably end up going with the Curve 2 for the trackpad (never really minded the trackball but I LOVE the trackpad) and Wi-fi. But I know I'd end up regretting it once the Essex came out! I've had a Curve 8330 for a year now and while I like it enough, I'm ready to get a more high-end BB.

I went into one of the local Verizon stores a couple weeks ago to get a new skin for my BB and while I was in I asked the guy if he happened to know when it would be released. He looked at me like I had a third eye growing out of my forehead and said, "Well... We just got the Tour in..." He had no clue it was even coming and apparently thought I was crazy. My fiance works for Verizon and he has no idea when it's coming either and didn't know it existed until I asked him about it.

If we just had an official date, the waiting wouldn't be so bad!

01-03-10 01:55 PM
    I'm not a Blackberry user yet, but will be soon. Trying to keep my patience and get the Tour 2. If it takes much longer though I think I'm going to break down and get the Tour. The trackball is not a big deal to me but the WIFI is what I want to get.
    01-03-10 03:31 PM
    Well one way or another it is a good sign that the essex is pretty close And I for one am very impatient for it. Lol

Impatient is an understatement!!!!
    01-03-10 03:36 PM
    i am due for an upgrade Jan 31st and i am currenty using the lg env3 and am tired of it..do you think i should just buy the 9630 or wait until the essex..i have never had a BB and was looking for some opinions
    I too am due for my upgrade have been since Nov. I am waiting on the tour 2 and think you should wait also. I hear it's gonna be a better phone than the original tour.
    01-03-10 03:45 PM
    Get a cheap pay as you go phone and activate it on your plan. This way you aren't wasting an upgrade AND you will have a phone til it comes out.

I actually researched that option because I would've just picked up an 8330 off of Ebay to use until the release of the Essex awhile back, but apparently on Sprint, doing that resets your upgrade date anyhow. :/ I don't know why and it doesn't make much sense, but it could have to do with the fact that I'm already on a month to month basis having fulfilled my contract last February. Otherwise, this phone would have been gone the second it started acting funny. I don't want to get screwed over again with being stuck with a phone I don't want though.
    01-03-10 04:27 PM
    I actually researched that option because I would've just picked up an 8330 off of Ebay to use until the release of the Essex awhile back, but apparently on Sprint, doing that resets your upgrade date anyhow. :/ I don't know why and it doesn't make much sense, but it could have to do with the fact that I'm already on a month to month basis having fulfilled my contract last February. Otherwise, this phone would have been gone the second it started acting funny. I don't want to get screwed over again with being stuck with a phone I don't want though.
    Are you 100% sure about them resetting your date? You can activate any (sprint) phone anytime I thought. You are not renewing a contract by activating a new phone.
    01-03-10 06:17 PM
    not correct, i work in a corporate retail store, that does NOT reset your eligibility
    01-03-10 06:22 PM
    Well I had to switch to Verizon after my phone with ATT broke before my cancellation went into affect, so I got a new phone on the first of Jan 2010, great way to start off the new years

I got the tour (played with the Storm 2 for a little bit more and didnt like it), and it works perfectly. No issues, as of yet, and I love it. Im surprised how great and sensitive the trackball works on this phone, especially after the problems people have posted up

But Im still waiting for the Tour 2, I wouldnt mind keeping the tour, WiFi really isnt a big deal for me and the trackpad is not either, but It would be just a nice option to have if I REALLY needed it

Hopefully the tour 2 will come out before the 30th, if not, at least Im with the VZ network with a good working Tour.
    01-03-10 08:08 PM
    Not true. I have done this twice with phones purchased from eBay. It does not reset your upgrade date.
    01-03-10 08:08 PM
    Not true. I have done this twice with phones purchased from eBay. It does not reset your upgrade date.
    For what it's worth, I have twice activated phones purchased on eBay with Verizon.
    Verizon does not reset your "upgrade date"
    01-03-10 08:15 PM
    Impatient is an understatement!!!!
    Mega Ditto!!!
    01-03-10 08:45 PM
23,186 ... 2728293031 ...