Guys and Gals,

Don't post too often but, I've been a long time reader of the Crackberry forums, checking out rumors and your thoughts on Blackberry's.

Here's my experience at Verizon yesterday in Los Angeles.

I've been with Verizon for over 7 years now...5 lines (3 Blackberries and 2 phones) in total and they provide me with great customer service. For example, I've broken two 8830's...the first was dropped, the second I spilled water over it. Both times, Verizon exchanged the phones for free without me having the wireless insurance, no questions asked.

I've been eligible for an upgrade from my 8830's since January and was not impressed by the Storm2, Curve or Tour. I went into Verizon yesterday and told the sales rep that I've been waiting for a good BB to come out for Verizon but they don't live up to the AT&T BB's and I was thinking of switching to AT&T for the 9700. He starts pitching the Curve...telling me that it has wifi, trackpad...blah, blah, blah. So I told him that the Curve is nice and all but its more of an entry level Blackberry and I needed Blackberrys for productivity. I go on to say that I've heard rumors of the Tour2 coming out in January, so I'm torn on going to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Then he tells me that there is a new ANDROID phone coming out in January and the Tour2 WON'T BE COMING OUT UNTIL APRIL.

Don't know if this guy is legit but Verizon treats me as a high value customer...just wanted to throw this into the discussion.
    Well we've been with Verizon for 7 years as well, have 2 BlackBerrys, high texting plans, both have VZ Navigator, ect. We always pay our bill on time and have never been late. When I go into my local Verizon store they treat me like gold as well. (see previous post about conversation with local representative)

Verizon treats me as a high value customer because that's what I am, that's what any customer is to a company. Trust me they are not treating you any different because you are special, they are treating you like they should any paying customer. That being said, I agree that representative just wanted a sale now. Most do not know when a new device is coming out until just weeks before the release and they certainly wouldn't have an official notice 4 months ahead of time.

Also did this representative call it the "Tour 2"? If he did than I know he was full of it because it's being released as the Essex.
    12-31-09 03:39 PM
    Also did this representative call it the "Tour 2"? If he did than I know he was full of it because it's being released as the Essex.
    i don't think that is correct.
    12-31-09 04:31 PM
    Essex is just the production name, just like the Curve 2 was known as the Aries.
    12-31-09 05:04 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ohm4

Essex is just the production name, just like the Curve 2 was known as the Aries.

And the Tour as "NIAGARA"
    12-31-09 05:27 PM
    I stand corrected. Thank you for politely fixing my mistake and giving an explanation. I like the people on here with manners
    12-31-09 07:31 PM
    hypothetical question :

Say that Verizon decided to release the T2 on Jan.15 . What date in advance would they announce this ? Anyone know ?

Note this is just a hypothetical date.
    12-31-09 09:33 PM
    wasn't the new curve announced a month or so before (at least sign up on their website to be notified) then notified via email about 1 week before back around Dec 15.
    12-31-09 09:57 PM
    If I remember correctly the original tour release date was pretty close to the ballpark date they stated here and was announced a couple weeks before launch. I could be wrong though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:35 AM
    If I remember correctly the original tour release date was pretty close to the ballpark date they stated here and was announced a couple weeks before launch. I could be wrong though

Not to mention it was the date on the phone in the promo materials lol
    01-01-10 01:12 AM
    It looks like Colorware is also trying to get rid of its stock of original tours. Just another sign that release could be getting closer and closer...
    01-01-10 01:36 AM
    Yeah; I wasn't too impressed with the Droid keyboard. Compare it next to the Tour and to me there was no comparison, Tour all the way, now just waiting on the Tour 2.

New Android in Jan??? I would be interested..... But really, my experience with the reps has been poor. Most are "drips".

Back on topic - I'm now torn between the Essex and the Moto Droid. I just can't get over the flat keyboard of the Droid though.

I wonder what the next high-end Verizon BB will be? I guess I'll just get the Essex - end of Jan it should be here.

01-01-10 11:44 AM
    Interesting... ZAGG already has InvisibleShield for Verizon 9650 on their site.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 9650 Tour (Verizon) Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Obviously they are probably the same dimensions or almost the same as the 9630, so that's not a big deal. But, posting this on your site to take orders makes me think we are getting closer.
    Last edited by stephlb; 01-01-10 at 07:58 PM.
    01-01-10 07:55 PM
    Sorry folks but, I just found out not to long ago from a friend, the Tour 2 isn't coming out until March apparently. I was on yahoo messenger with a friend of mines who is friends with someone who works at for sprint. I asked her to ask the guy, when the Tour 2 was coming out. He said not till march. Couldn't give me a exact date as it wasn't in there systems yet. Is it credible? Maybe, maybe not. I just wanted to add in what I found out today.
    01-01-10 07:57 PM
    Maybe this week during CES we might get a date of release. You could ask 10 different store reps when this is coming out and get different answers. I still don't know what the hold up is though. This isn't the second coming. Just give us a date already.
    01-01-10 08:10 PM
    Interesting... ZAGG already has InvisibleShield for Verizon 9650 on their site.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 9650 Tour (Verizon) Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Obviously they are probably the same dimensions or almost the same as the 9630, so that's not a big deal. But, posting this on your site to take orders makes me think we are getting closer.
    This has been on their web site for quite a while now.

01-01-10 08:11 PM
    Sorry folks but, I just found out not to long ago from a friend, the Tour 2 isn't coming out until March apparently. I was on yahoo messenger with a friend of mines who is friends with someone who works at for sprint. I asked her to ask the guy, when the Tour 2 was coming out. He said not till march. Couldn't give me a exact date as it wasn't in there systems yet. Is it credible? Maybe, maybe not. I just wanted to add in what I found out today.
    No one knows about the pending release other than RIM and Sprint/Verizon higher ups. I wouldn't take this info to heart. And if the device does not show in the system, how does he know it wont drop until March?

Just wait until the official announcement. .

Last edited by ibcop; 01-02-10 at 11:53 AM.
    01-01-10 08:15 PM
    This has been on their web site for quite a while now.

Well, I didnt know that - this was my first time on the Zagg website.
    01-01-10 10:45 PM
    Well one way or another it is a good sign that the essex is pretty close And I for one am very impatient for it. Lol

01-02-10 01:01 AM
    If the Tour 2 is released next year I would up-grade my current Tour. The idea of a trackpad would be the main factor in that decision. I have had so much trouble with the trackball on my current tour. I took it to sprint and they are getting me a new one instead of changing the trackball, something about the one I have being a first generation and now the second generation tours don't have the trackball issue. we will see.
    01-02-10 01:53 AM
    Well my blackberry 8310 broke with att before my contract ended on the 5th so I went to verizon and signed up with the tour. I love the phone and wouldn't mind keeping it but I hope the tour 2 comes out in my 30 days so I can switch out, if not then at least I'm on the verizon network.

But I'm not putting my hopes up with all these gueses, I'm waiting until RIM or Verizon announces the phone

01-02-10 08:02 AM
    Well, I didnt know that - this was my first time on the Zagg website.
    I ordered a 9630 screen protector when they were running the 50% off sale just before the holidays. I thought this would be an indication of the release, but it seems the 9630 also fits the 9650, so I guess Zagg just posted the information.

C'mon Essex!
    01-02-10 11:46 AM
    i couldnt wait :-( went and got the Tour... so far i love it, the trackbap would be nice as my right thumb is starting to hurt and i suppose wi-fi is rlly not that big a deal when im paying for a data plan that so far has not dissapointed me
    01-02-10 06:32 PM
    How long does it take for these to show up in stores after the release announcement?. I went to a local sprint store in Kansas City and they didn't have a clue about the Tour 2 coming out. With the Sprint World Headquarters based in KC, you would think they would at the very least know it's coming, that's not very good news.
    01-02-10 06:39 PM
    i was in a corprate verizon store today, waiting for my brother to get his phone fixed.

well while i was inline i heard a man asking a sales rep about the tour. the man asked if there were still trackball problems and if it had wifi. well the sales rep told him the trackball was fixed and that the only verizon blackberry with wifi was the storm 2. of course the man asking about the phones wanted wifi, but he didn't like the touch screen of the storm 2. the sales rep was really pushing for the storm 2 all the sudden, so the man said he had to think about it.

while the man was talking it over with his wife, i went over to the display phones, and on both the tour and the storm 2 i opened the boy genius article about the tour 2 and then i went back in line with my brother.

well the man that was interested in the phones went back and noticed the article i had opened, so he started to ask the sales rep about the phone. the sales rep starting going on about how there is no such thing as a tour 2, and that it was a fake article.

i guess the man didn't believe him, so he left the store without buying anything. then the sales rep come over to me and asked me to remove those articles right away before i cause another customer to leave. i couldnt believe that he was asking me to do this, so i said no and then he asked me to leave.

i've been with verizon for 8 years, never had a problem until this guy. i find it inexcusable that a sales rep would try and kick me out of the store just because i opened an article about a phone coming out. i was also disgusted that he would try and sell a more expensive device, even tho the man asking said he didn't like the touchscreen.

today i saw the real face of most sales reps, and i cant wait until the tour 2 gets a release date because i'll go back, and buy it from him just for the fun of it.
    01-02-10 06:57 PM
    I wouldnt buy anything from him. Why didn't you speak to the store manager?
    01-02-10 07:24 PM
23,186 ... 2627282930 ...