No. Take a look at Best Buy's current Tour price for Sprint. It is way over the $499. retail. Best Buy hikes up the prices Retail.. as we all know.
    Not necessarily. I think the prices listed in Bestbuy's system are the "original price" not the "retail price". Bestbuy's original price on the Tour is listed at $499.

12-30-09 09:27 AM
    best buy is sometimes higher than vzn's retail when phones first come out.
    12-30-09 10:03 AM
    best buy is sometimes higher than vzn's retail when phones first come out.
    Yep, they sure are!
    12-30-09 10:07 AM
    Waiting, waiting and still waiting. I am so ready for this phone to launch
    12-30-09 10:22 AM
    Waiting, waiting and still waiting. I am so ready for this phone to launch
    Aren't we all? I think I'm gonna get an ulcer.....
    12-30-09 10:24 AM
    I have been waiting since July for "today" to arrive. My contract w ATT expired yesterday...I was hoping to get a TOUR2 today with VZW!!
    So....its time to take an antiacid and prepare to wait for a few more weeks!
    Meanwhile, my ATT reseller just emailed an offer to me....the 9700 for only $50. Tempting...
    12-30-09 05:24 PM
    Anyone notice this weeks price of VZW's Tour? $99 for 2 years. That kind of pricing makes me think their blowing em out to make room for new inventory. Which I hope is the Tour 2. Anyone want to take a guess what initial pricing might be?

I only do 1 year contracts. How bad do you think the hit will be for me?
    12-30-09 05:24 PM
    I have been waiting since July for "today" to arrive. My contract w ATT expired yesterday...I was hoping to get a TOUR2 today with VZW!!
    So....its time to take an antiacid and prepare to wait for a few more weeks!
    Meanwhile, my ATT reseller just emailed an offer to me....the 9700 for only $50. Tempting...
    DONT DO IT! i am leaving ATT ****ty service!
    12-30-09 05:26 PM
    Anyone notice this weeks price of VZW's Tour? $99 for 2 years. That kind of pricing makes me think their blowing em out to make room for new inventory. Which I hope is the Tour 2. Anyone want to take a guess what initial pricing might be?

I only do 1 year contracts. How bad do you think the hit will be for me?
    old news! read back on the forum
    12-30-09 05:27 PM
    Yea I wouldn't take that Blackberry 9700 for the world ;; I was going to get it, but instead I canceled my ATT contract and my phone cuts off on the 5th, so I am gonna switch to Verizon by them and hopefully the Tour 2 will be out in less than 30 days.

But ATT is terrible and I am glad I chose this time to cancel, because I was gonna cancel less than a year ago and get the tour, but patience is a virtue!

I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the Tour 2 to drop! Come ooonnnn JANUARY!
    12-30-09 05:46 PM
    Come on...bring on the Tour 2...ready and waiting here
    12-30-09 07:20 PM
    If I get a Tour 9630 now from Verizon, and the netbook for "free", can I trade in the Tour when the Essex comes out for just the restocking fee, plus whatever price difference, and keep the pc? Also, dumb question, but you can just run the netbook off wifi, right? You don't have to have the data plan from Verizon?

thanks,

MG
    12-30-09 08:09 PM
    Be careful with this...when I got my Tour they asked if I wanted a netbook for "free", but didn't make it clear they automatically signed me up for the data plan. VERY, I repeat, very misleading and manipulative sales ploy.

If I get a Tour 9630 now from Verizon, and the netbook for "free", can I trade in the Tour when the Essex comes out for just the restocking fee, plus whatever price difference, and keep the pc? Also, dumb question, but you can just run the netbook off wifi, right? You don't have to have the data plan from Verizon?

thanks,

MG
    12-30-09 08:15 PM
    For 4 years I have had a Verizon broadband access pc card that fits into a slot ( pc5740 and for sale cheap ,btw) and I paid about $60 a month for it for those four years.

I just didnt realize that for the same amount of money I could have had a blackberry to use stand alone and also to tether my laptop to the internet.

I am kicking myself for not looking into it. Once the economy went south I ditched my $60 payment for the access via the card.

But looks like next week I am going to get a blackberry tour and will have the extra costs..............but a whole lot of flexibility to go with that cost though.
    12-30-09 09:09 PM
    Maybe I got a Verizon employee that knows about CrackBerry or maybe he really knew what he was talking about, but either way this is how the conversation went today at my local Verizon store in Ohio.

ME: I'm just looking. I was eligible to upgrade on December 9th, but I don't know if I want the Curve 2 or the Tour.

VZW DUDE: The Tour is a huge upgrade from what you have now, I have the Tour and absolutely love it.

ME: Yeah, my friend has the Tour and likes it. She had trackball issues and some other issues, but nothing huge I guess. I just hate to get the Tour and have issues like she did.

VZW DUDE: (quietly...almost whispering actually) You might want to wait then, there is something much better coming out very soon that will make you a lot happier than the current Tour would.

Hmmm interesting?
    12-30-09 09:23 PM
    Maybe I got a Verizon employee that knows about CrackBerry or maybe he really knew what he was talking about, but either way this is how the conversation went today at my local Verizon store in Ohio.

ME: I'm just looking. I was eligible to upgrade on December 9th, but I don't know if I want the Curve 2 or the Tour.

VZW DUDE: The Tour is a huge upgrade from what you have now, I have the Tour and absolutely love it.

ME: Yeah, my friend has the Tour and likes it. She had trackball issues and some other issues, but nothing huge I guess. I just hate to get the Tour and have issues like she did.

VZW DUDE: (quietly...almost whispering actually) You might want to wait then, there is something much better coming out very soon that will make you a lot happier than the current Tour would.

Hmmm interesting?
    So , You got the VZW DUDE to tell you exactly WHEN , right ?
    12-30-09 09:34 PM
    when it does come out, that's when you'll get an official os upgrade from your carrier and by then the tour will be outdated and they will be trying to hustle us to buy the tour 2 with some kind of contract extension, or gimmick like a mail in rebate or something.
    12-30-09 11:03 PM
    Guys and Gals,

Don't post too often but, I've been a long time reader of the Crackberry forums, checking out rumors and your thoughts on Blackberry's.

Here's my experience at Verizon yesterday in Los Angeles.

I've been with Verizon for over 7 years now...5 lines (3 Blackberries and 2 phones) in total and they provide me with great customer service. For example, I've broken two 8830's...the first was dropped, the second I spilled water over it. Both times, Verizon exchanged the phones for free without me having the wireless insurance, no questions asked.

I've been eligible for an upgrade from my 8830's since January and was not impressed by the Storm2, Curve or Tour. I went into Verizon yesterday and told the sales rep that I've been waiting for a good BB to come out for Verizon but they don't live up to the AT&T BB's and I was thinking of switching to AT&T for the 9700. He starts pitching the Curve...telling me that it has wifi, trackpad...blah, blah, blah. So I told him that the Curve is nice and all but its more of an entry level Blackberry and I needed Blackberrys for productivity. I go on to say that I've heard rumors of the Tour2 coming out in January, so I'm torn on going to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Then he tells me that there is a new ANDROID phone coming out in January and the Tour2 WON'T BE COMING OUT UNTIL APRIL.

Don't know if this guy is legit but Verizon treats me as a high value customer...just wanted to throw this into the discussion.
    12-30-09 11:03 PM
    until a bb has wifi, uma calling, and a better battery life on sprint, i will be sticking with my tour1. works for me.
    12-30-09 11:05 PM
    I don't know...most of these low level verizon rep don't know jack about their own current product, much less an upcoming one.

I go on to say that I've heard rumors of the Tour2 coming out in January, so I'm torn on going to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Then he tells me that there is a new ANDROID phone coming out in January and the Tour2 WON'T BE COMING OUT UNTIL APRIL.

Don't know if this guy is legit but Verizon treats me as a high value customer...just wanted to throw this into the discussion.
    12-30-09 11:48 PM
    Guys and Gals,

Don't post too often but, I've been a long time reader of the Crackberry forums, checking out rumors and your thoughts on Blackberry's.

I've been with Verizon for over 7 years now...5 lines (3 Blackberries and 2 phones) in total and they provide me with great customer service. For example, I've broken two 8830's...the first was dropped, the second I spilled water over it. Both times, Verizon exchanged the phones for free without me having the wireless insurance, no questions asked.

I've been eligible for an upgrade from my 8830's since January and was not impressed by the Storm2, Curve or Tour. I went into Verizon yesterday and told the sales rep that I've been waiting for a good BB to come out for Verizon but they don't live up to the AT&T BB's and I was thinking of switching to AT&T for the 9700. He starts pitching the Curve...telling me that it has wifi, trackpad...blah, blah, blah. So I told him that the Curve is nice and all but its more of an entry level Blackberry and I needed Blackberrys for productivity. I go on to say that I've heard rumors of the Tour2 coming out in January, so I'm torn on going to AT&T or staying with Verizon. Then he tells me that there is a new ANDROID phone coming out in January and the Tour2 WON'T BE COMING OUT UNTIL APRIL.

The sales rep could be right, but I think he just wanted a sale NOW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 09:40 AM
    Guys and Gals,

Yeah dude...you're not a high value customer just because they replace your phones for free without questions. Everyone I know who breaks a phone or has water spilled on it, including me, has done the same thing. You're not that special my friend.
    12-31-09 11:10 AM
    New Android in Jan??? I would be interested..... But really, my experience with the reps has been poor. Most are "drips".

Back on topic - I'm now torn between the Essex and the Moto Droid. I just can't get over the flat keyboard of the Droid though.

I wonder what the next high-end Verizon BB will be? I guess I'll just get the Essex - end of Jan it should be here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mountainman; 12-31-09 at 11:35 AM.
    12-31-09 11:33 AM
    Aside from nexxus 1, which is GSM/ tmobile bound- I don't know of any other Android phone. We would have heard of a new CDMA Android..
    12-31-09 12:01 PM
    So , You got the VZW DUDE to tell you exactly WHEN , right ?
    Sorry, VZW DUDE wouldn't tell me an exact date. lol
    12-31-09 03:31 PM
23,186 ... 2526272829 ...