Hey guys.. Won’t believe me.. I’m sitting (rather staying...) @ a VZW Service store in "gocrazy" town OH. where the first pallet of 9650s is rumored to b released tomorrow... there are at least 71.000 people hushing bumper to bumper.. Looks like they're giving 96” Plasmas away free...

(for those dudes not understanding a word that i just wrote.. well, neither do i... just trying to making fun of the people who's cousin's BF's sister's GF's son in law's G-d father's friend's teacher's plumber's wife's grandpa’s master's uncle's neighbor's bank manager's wife 2 b herself spoke to a dude that heard it from his cousin's BF's sister's GF's son in law's G-d father's friend's teacher's plumber's wife's granpa's master's uncle's neighbor's bank manager's wife 2 b... that the TOUR 2/EESEX/9650 will be out latest by December 12 of 1904... ) Lol.

Short advise, as long as you don’t have "Your" Tour 2 IN YOUR OWN HANDS, do not believe anyone.. Including BGR, SAL, etc. they're all guessing just as you and me and had a little more luck to get their hand on the device more than you and me.. That’s about it!!!
    12-28-09 06:16 PM
    FWIW - was in Best Buy today -the Sprint & Verizon Tours were displayed side by side. The Sprint version was $149 with contract and the Verizon was $99. Going with the invetory clearing thinking - does this mean that Verizon is getting the Tour 2 first?
    The $99 Verizon price on the Tour may just be a competitive reaction by Verizon aimed at AT&T. In case you haven't noticed, lots of bad blood lately between those two. AT&T recently priced their new Bold 9700 at $99. The current Tour is the closest thing Verizon has right now to the Bold 9700, so Verizon probably price matched. No need for Verizon to markdown the Storm 2 since AT&T does not have a touchscreen BB and the Storm 2 just released.
    12-28-09 06:26 PM
    This is getting reducilous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 06:27 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth.
    12-28-09 06:33 PM
    Hope I didn't offend anyone… Did I?
    12-28-09 06:35 PM
    Hope I didn't offend anyone… Did I?
    haha nope, not me...

i agree come on VZW & RIM
    12-28-09 06:44 PM

It always does when us berry additcs are anticipating the drop of our latest crack (uh, hence crackberry.com...)
    12-28-09 08:09 PM
    There is a difference in being anxious and being stupid.

12-28-09 08:58 PM
    Well do we have a date? The Nexus One is being released on Jan 5th so in any event i would think the Essex should be released around that time as well.
    12-28-09 09:21 PM
    Okay... I am not a current Blackberry user, but I want to dive into the Blackberry world when my contract is up in February with Verizon. I am very interested in the Tour 2, but I have noticed that the Curve 2 is smaller and has most of the features I am looking for.

So my question is... aside from world phone capability, what makes the Tour 2 stand out from the Curve 2? What are the major differences? Thanks...
    12-28-09 09:35 PM
    The tour 2 has higher screen resolution 480x360 on the tour 320x240 on the curve.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    12-28-09 10:34 PM
    Ginge22, the 4 Major Differences are,

1) Tour has a 3.2 mp Camera (Curve 2 2.0 mp),

2) Tour has a much higher screen Resolution,

3)Tour has a Flash @ Camera (Curve 2 doesn't have flash at all),

4) Tour has a quicker processor.

Otherwise, more of the same.. Curve 2 is even better weight-wise which is quite a factor..

12-28-09 10:54 PM
    Thanks guys... I think the added benefits of the Tour 2 make it the easy choice for me out of the two.
    12-28-09 11:02 PM
    Hopefully the first week of January.

Well do we have a date? The Nexus One is being released on Jan 5th so in any event i would think the Essex should be released around that time as well.
    12-29-09 05:26 AM

Otherwise, more of the same.. Curve 2 is even better weight-wise which is quite a factor..

One more thing I would state also is that the Tour 2 has a larger battery, longer call and surf times.
    12-29-09 06:46 AM
    I thought the Tour 2 was gonna have the same processor as the Tour, which is the same as the Curve 2?
    12-29-09 08:27 AM
    I thought the Tour 2 was gonna have the same processor as the Tour, which is the same as the Curve 2?
    According to BGR they said the processor seems faster/snappier. However, that could just be a result of the essex running the more updated 5.0 os.
    12-29-09 08:55 AM
    There is a difference in being anxious and being stupid.

Damn sure is!
    12-29-09 09:24 AM
    The $99 Verizon price on the Tour may just be a competitive reaction by Verizon aimed at AT&T. In case you haven't noticed, lots of bad blood lately between those two. AT&T recently priced their new Bold 9700 at $99. The current Tour is the closest thing Verizon has right now to the Bold 9700, so Verizon probably price matched. No need for Verizon to markdown the Storm 2 since AT&T does not have a touchscreen BB and the Storm 2 just released.
    agreed...meanwhile, sprint as usual is off somewhere on other continent playing the 5th wheel.
    12-29-09 12:14 PM
    Okay... I am not a current Blackberry user, but I want to dive into the Blackberry world when my contract is up in February with Verizon. I am very interested in the Tour 2, but I have noticed that the Curve 2 is smaller and has most of the features I am looking for.

So my question is... aside from world phone capability, what makes the Tour 2 stand out from the Curve 2? What are the major differences? Thanks...
    Ginge, I've had the Tour 1, currently have Curve 2 and waiting to get to Tour 2. Def. wait for the Tour 2. I'd say the wifi and optical pad are great. I like the optical pad better than trackball. these were 2 blatant upgrades that Tour 1 was missing.

In my opinion.
    Tour 1 > Curve 2(ever so slightly)...tour is bit faster and screen is much better.
    12-29-09 12:16 PM
    The tour 2 has higher screen resolution 480x360 on the tour 320x240 on the curve.
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    and having had both, it is def noticeable diff.
    12-29-09 12:17 PM

Im probably gonna return my curve 2 and go buy a used tour 1 to use til tour 2 releases
    12-29-09 12:18 PM
    wish they would release a phone with an HD quality screen, would make life much more enjoyable. Unlike most im willing to pay more to get what i want out of a phone. Like nokia's standard 5mp all the way to 10mp cameras in their phones. I hate that they dumb down phones to keep the price point "cheap"

Any word on release date?
    12-29-09 01:26 PM
    wish they would release a phone with an HD quality screen, would make life much more enjoyable. Unlike most im willing to pay more to get what i want out of a phone. Like nokia's standard 5mp all the way to 10mp cameras in their phones. I hate that they dumb down phones to keep the price point "cheap"

Any word on release date?
    umm and hd screen on a phone with a screen that small would be pretty usless.
    hd is primarialy used for larger scale images. look at an old 4x3 with a digital box, it looks just as good as a hd 50" tv just on a different scale
    12-29-09 01:35 PM
    umm and hd screen on a phone with a screen that small would be pretty usless.
    hd is primarialy used for larger scale images. look at an old 4x3 with a digital box, it looks just as good as a hd 50" tv just on a different scale
    As someone who has worked in home theater for years i could argue this fact. In the end 90% of what you read is opinion and only 10% is fact...I will leave it at that. My opinion, based on what I know to be fact is that it does make a difference. And as someone who has been in the cellular industry for over 12 years I do know that they dumb down phones to keep pricepoints where they want.
    12-29-09 01:43 PM
23,186 ... 2324252627 ...