again im still claiming Valentine's day.

I'm just wishing they'd do a 9650 red like they did wit the vday 8830 rerls
    12-26-09 08:01 PM
    I've been lurking this particular thread for months now (joined recently). I can't wait for this phone! Being a newbie to Blackberry though, I might decide to be more frugal and just go with the original Tour as I wouldn't know much about the difference between wi-fi and faster processing vs without. The trackpad looks so fricken' slick though and being an artist, it would be nice not having to worry too much about getting odd pieces of debris stuck under a trackball.

Anxious for this phone! Sooner rather than later works for me because I'm in desperate need of a new handset. (my upgrade date was LAST December. -___-;;; )
    12-27-09 02:24 AM
    Well from what I've read around the web, the Tour2 will have the same processor as the Storm2/Tour. It would have been nice if RIM would have beefed up the processor to the 624mhz like the Bold 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 03:26 AM
    Well from what I've read around the web, the Tour2 will have the same processor as the Storm2/Tour. It would have been nice if RIM would have beefed up the processor to the 624mhz like the Bold 9700.

I think someone pointed out earlier that it was the faster CDMA processor Qualcomm makes, the Bold 9700 is GSM so I guess there is a faster processor available for it.
    12-27-09 08:26 AM
    12-27-09 11:21 AM
    Why does it take so long for RIM to launch this device? It's pretty much the same phone as Tour 1 with addition of wifi and trackpad. Majority of the internals and externals have remained the same. What a joke. By the time the Tour2 is out, the iphone 4G or whatever will be months away from launching. Waiting to launch this device will be a strategic error.
    12-27-09 11:43 AM
    they just say march because it is the end of Q1 and it is expected in Q1. they are just saving their @$$.
    pdadb has also been know for very very inaccurate advise. stick to what sal says. dec21st - jan15th.
    12-27-09 01:10 PM
    Why does it take so long for RIM to launch this device? It's pretty much the same phone as Tour 1 with addition of wifi and trackpad. Majority of the internals and externals have remained the same. What a joke. By the time the Tour2 is out, the iphone 4G or whatever will be months away from launching. Waiting to launch this device will be a strategic error.
    they are working all of the bugs out of the device that they didnt have time to do with the release of the tour. cdma carriers pressured them too much so they couldn't properly test it.
    12-27-09 01:11 PM
    they just say march because it is the end of Q1 and it is expected in Q1. they are just saving their @$$.
    pdadb has also been know for very very inaccurate advise. stick to what sal says. dec21st - jan15th.
    Sal's guess is just about that, a guess. Early 1Q is a strong possibility, but I don't think it's coming out in January. February should be good.
    12-27-09 01:19 PM
    Heck, I'm all for them doing all the proper testing for the phone to make sure everything is on point. As much as we would like the phone to be released now, I would much rather RIM deliver a high quality device. As for the processor, if that's the case with the faster CDMA processor, then that will be great if that's the case.

12-27-09 01:57 PM
    Sal's guess is just about that, a guess. Early 1Q is a strong possibility, but I don't think it's coming out in January. February should be good.
    i am just hoping with saying exact dates not just months he may know more than any of us about the release of the device
    12-27-09 02:31 PM
    Well, VZW online reduced the price of the 9630 today, to $99. They may be an indication that the 9650 is close.
    FWIW - was in Best Buy today -the Sprint & Verizon Tours were displayed side by side. The Sprint version was $149 with contract and the Verizon was $99. Going with the invetory clearing thinking - does this mean that Verizon is getting the Tour 2 first?
    12-27-09 04:16 PM
    Not sure how reliable this is but a friend of mine went into 2 different Sprint stores to upgrade to a BB and was told to hold off until January for the release of the new BB. Like I said, I'm not sure how reliable this is, this is just what he was told and what he passed on to me.

12-27-09 04:54 PM
    Hmm when I went to my Sprint store asking about the Curve 8530 they tried to convince me to get the Curve 8330, saying it's the same phone. Guess there is a wide difference in stores.
    12-27-09 04:58 PM
    Hmm when I went to my Sprint store asking about the Curve 8530 they tried to convince me to get the Curve 8330, saying it's the same phone. Guess there is a wide difference in stores.
    i think it is based on the sales rep!
    12-27-09 05:16 PM
    The Verizon website is offering the Tour for free with a couple of instant rebates. I'm hoping that's a sign that the 9650 is coming sooner rather than later. I almost clicked to order the current one, I want to get a new one so bad!
    12-27-09 10:36 PM

If RIM really is looking for a March release date, my theory is that they're only doing it so Tour1 owners won't be quite as sour as they've shown to be thus far...probably another carrier decision. IMO, I don't think there should be too many kinks that would have to be ironed out with this device as far as testing because they already have the bold2 and the curve2 as well as the original tour as reference points.

March means it would be a birthday present. :/
    12-28-09 01:30 AM
    my friend's cousin's, sister's boyfriend, who dates a boy in vegas, whose mother's boa ate a rat when i inquired about the tour2 coming out tomorrow, so i am camping out now at verizon's authorized retail store in alaska.

can't wait til tomorrow.
    12-28-09 07:46 AM
    my friend's cousin's, sister's boyfriend, who dates a boy in vegas, whose mother's boa ate a rat when i inquired about the tour2 coming out tomorrow, so i am camping out now at verizon's authorized retail store in alaska.

can't wait til tomorrow.
    What a waste of oxygen.
    12-28-09 09:35 AM
    What a waste of oxygen.
    Technically there is no oxygen used jut typing. Lol
    I thought it was pretty funny because everybody has a story about a cuzin, brother or friend that knows something.

12-28-09 09:41 AM
    Technically there is no oxygen used jut typing. Lol
    I thought it was pretty funny because everybody has a story about a cuzin, brother or friend that knows something.

Yeah, but ya gotta breathe while you type......
    12-28-09 09:54 AM
    What a waste of oxygen.
    pot...meet kettle.
    12-28-09 10:03 AM
    Not sure how reliable this is but a friend of mine went into 2 different Sprint stores to upgrade to a BB and was told to hold off until January for the release of the new BB. Like I said, I'm not sure how reliable this is, this is just what he was told and what he passed on to me.

But also keep in mind RIM is releasing between 10 to 16 new phones in 2010. It could be that they meant one of those. I don't think RIM really wants to releas the new tour. At this point they might as well and recall the Tour 2, and remake a new phone, and give it a new code name, and number. I don't understand what the hold up is to re-release something that they aready have out, but are just modifying ever so slightly. Oh well. I guess I'm just being impatient for the WIFI feature.
    12-28-09 11:53 AM

can't wait til tomorrow.
    That was the best. I'm on my way to Alaska too.
    12-28-09 01:36 PM

can't wait til tomorrow.
    Yeah, I got a little chuckle out of this as well.
    12-28-09 03:29 PM
23,186 ... 2223242526 ...