My old tmobile plan should have been cheaper, but it wasn't because there were always BS charges added every month. Haven't had any problems with sprint, the service is great and now with mobile to mobile it's like everyone is a my fave. I considered either getting the 8530 or the 9630 for myself for christmas but just can't stomach wasting an upgrade when I know the tour 2 would much better suit me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 06:16 PM
    cheaper than tmobile?
    $99, Everything unlim.(Sprint)
    12-19-09 08:25 PM
    Couple of weeks until it is here!
    12-19-09 08:26 PM
    Couple of weeks until it is here!
    How do you figure? Got some info?
    12-19-09 11:05 PM
    The release of the ESSEX has everyone on HIGH ALERT!
    12-19-09 11:08 PM
    yeah ive literally been checking crackberry and salomondrin sites mutiple times a day praying for updates which eventually led to me making this account.

my NE2 is up and im desperately in need of a new phone and im set on getting the essex the second its released. cant wait!! these verizon bb tour commercials on tv are killing me!!!
    12-19-09 11:55 PM
    I have a non-sales rep friend who works for VZW who said "I heard January" after I asked him if they had any cool new trackpad Blackberries coming out in the near future.
    I believe him.
    12-20-09 07:29 AM
    is it possible that with verizon they may let buyers of the tour like upgrade early, like they did for the storm - storm2. i think thats what i heard before because it wasnt like a full year till they were released from each other. if the q1 of the essex is fact, then it would only be like a 5-6 month diff. maybe they would allow that upgrade since they requested a rush on the product. id def like the trackpad for sure.
    12-20-09 07:40 AM
    I don't know if this will help any of you but, I have a friend that manages a "Best Buy" in the midwest and he let me see on thier system what new bberry devices are schualed to come in. All it showed was that sprint was to have Two new bberry devices to be in stores on Jan 24th from Sprint. It doesn't say the names of the devices. He also said that many of the new devices get to his stores sometimes weeks after the official release, like the bold was just made availible weeks after the release. Thats all I know.
    12-20-09 08:43 AM
    I don't know if this will help any of you but, I have a friend that manages a "Best Buy" in the midwest and he let me see on thier system what new bberry devices are schualed to come in. All it showed was that sprint was to have Two new bberry devices to be in stores on Jan 24th from Sprint. It doesn't say the names of the devices. He also said that many of the new devices get to his stores sometimes weeks after the official release, like the bold was just made availible weeks after the release. Thats all I know.
    Good info. Thanks for sharing!
    12-20-09 10:37 AM
    Well one of the new Sprint BBs is for sure the 8530.Since the Storm2 is a VZW exclusive the other has to be the Tour2.It's the only other CDMA BB at the release stage of development.

12-20-09 11:02 AM
    Great Info. I don't know why but I believe him too. LOL. I hope your Guy is right because I intend to get my 9650 from BBY.
    12-20-09 01:01 PM
    I am also getting ansi about the release of the Essex. I am a new BB user having gotten a Tour abut 2 months ago. I want the trackpad in the worst way, not happy with the trackball on my phone because it gets lazy sometimes and refuses to work. I don't know that I would use the Wi-Fi much but may be nice to have, will have to see if I can find uses for it.

I just hope that I can wrangle a swap to an Essex when they finally show up at VZW, I think I may have a good chance as I have a great store manager at the store I deal with so maybe he will be in a good moood and help me out. Fingers are definitely crossed.
    12-20-09 03:26 PM
    I am also getting ansi about the release of the Essex. I am a new BB user having gotten a Tour abut 2 months ago. I want the trackpad in the worst way, not happy with the trackball on my phone because it gets lazy sometimes and refuses to work. I don't know that I would use the Wi-Fi much but may be nice to have, will have to see if I can find uses for it.

I just hope that I can wrangle a swap to an Essex when they finally show up at VZW, I think I may have a good chance as I have a great store manager at the store I deal with so maybe he will be in a good moood and help me out. Fingers are definitely crossed.
    I too want a BB in the worst way. I have tested the trackball and the trackpad and I feel the trackpad is superior and for me easier to use.
    Shoot, I'd be happy with a Bold 9700 for CDMA. Just my thoughts.
    12-21-09 06:47 AM
    The 2 that are poping up are prob the 9650 and the 9650 non camera version or the 8530 purple edition

12-21-09 07:47 AM
    The 2 that are poping up are prob the 9650 and the 9650 non camera version or the 8530 purple edition

Its the 8530 in royal purple and red.

12-21-09 08:52 AM
    I have been a Verizon customer for years and although I'm excited to get my 1st BB, I've had bad experiences with phones right off the production line. So, I'll wait a while longer for them to work the "bugs" out...
    12-21-09 09:04 AM
    Got that one right!

I want my T2.

12-21-09 09:36 AM
    High alert is an understatement How about I do not own a BB, and already an ADDICT LOL.
    12-21-09 09:42 AM
    High alert is an understatement How about I do not own a BB, and already an ADDICT LOL.
    same here. i used to have one, went to the iphone, and now am dying to get back on BB
    12-21-09 11:04 AM
    same here. i used to have one, went to the iphone, and now am dying to get back on BB
    What happen you didn't like the iphone, or at&t?
    12-21-09 12:21 PM
    Anyone know what the price is gonna be without a contract?

12-21-09 12:23 PM
    I have been a Verizon customer for years and although I'm excited to get my 1st BB, I've had bad experiences with phones right off the production line. So, I'll wait a while longer for them to work the "bugs" out...
    The Essex is the 9630 with all the bugs worked out. Not sure what your waiting for. By the time you get the 9650, you will be waiting for the next phone to be released.

Anyone know what the price is gonna be without a contract?

I think 459 or 499. Not going to be cheap. The 8530 is 359, so you have to expect the essex to be at least 100 more.

12-21-09 12:37 PM
    What happen you didn't like the iphone, or at&t?

definitely LOVE my iphone. if it was on verizon i would not be considering BB (sorry BB addicts haha). but ATT is horrible! i have to switch.
    12-21-09 02:28 PM
    damn I was happy to read this until someone reminded me that for sprint, they are coming out with red and purple 8530s...

pretty sure regular price for essex will be $499. That means they will also lower the price of tour 1.
    Last edited by silx29; 12-21-09 at 02:50 PM.
    12-21-09 02:47 PM
23,186 ... 1819202122 ...