will i have to pay a restocking fee? also, we did the bogo deal, and had to send in rebates for that. how will that be dealt with?
    12-18-09 12:53 PM
    will i have to pay a restocking fee? also, we did the bogo deal, and had to send in rebates for that. how will that be dealt with?
    im not 100% sure since i've never had to deal with that but I have heard on this forum that Verizon has a $35 restocking fee.
    i have no idea about the rebate thing though
    12-18-09 01:06 PM
    Not sure about a restocking fee. i think its well worth it to return the Tour 1 and wait for the Essex/Tour2.

The trackball we have now gets finicky -- dust and oil can make it not work as great. There are lots of complaints on the trackball -- hence the move to the trackpad.

The wifi options will be great and I'd wait for it. I found that I would have found it so worthwhile to have when travelling int'l -- no data roaming charges, but if you're near wifi, you can stay connected.
    12-18-09 02:46 PM
    RIM kills Q3, profits up 59% � Boy Genius Report

Since they're doing so well, im predicting July of 2010, Q2!
    12-18-09 03:20 PM
    i was just at verizon a few days ago and my brother bought the droid and the rep told us there is now a 35 dollar restocking fee so you will definetly have to pay the restocking fee.
    12-18-09 07:16 PM
    i was just at verizon a few days ago and my brother bought the droid and the rep told us there is now a 35 dollar restocking fee so you will definetly have to pay the restocking fee.
    If you have more than 10 minutes of talk time or greater than 1MB of data, then the $35 restocking fee applies. At least this is what a phone rep told me. Let's go Tour 2!!
    12-18-09 08:17 PM
    OK, since I'm a relatively new BlackBerry user I may be very wrong on this, but having researched the past releases of other "sequel" devices (AKA Storm 2, Bold 2, etc), it seems that RIM takes about a year to release the second versions of a particular model.

My concern with this is that if this could be the case with the Essex, that I will be stuck waiting until June or July of 2010 to finally upgrade from my 8330. I've been wanting to upgrade for a while and am highly tempted to just get the Tour 9630. I would love having the trackpad on the Essex, however Wifi's not a big deal for me.

Of course, many say that the branded versions popping up are indeed proof that it is coming really soon, so based on this, can any of you tell me a speculative timeframe with how early/how late Essex could possibly be out based on this? Thanks!
    12-18-09 09:41 PM
    On average after a pic of a branded device is released there is usually about a month or two untill it's release date.
    We have seen alot of stuff for the Essex lately but I wouldn't put it past rim to delay the device for some last minute testing.

So let's hope for a month because I lov my 8330 but desperately need to move onto a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:48 PM
    I for one can't wait for the Tour 2. As much as I am happy with my current phone... I need a new one bad. Been two long years waiting for my upgrade.
    12-18-09 11:27 PM
    I for one can't wait for the Tour 2. As much as I am happy with my current phone... I need a new one bad. Been two long years waiting for my upgrade.
    Another reason I love sprint. I get a new upgrade every year

12-19-09 12:53 AM
    Lucky you! Sprint service is horrible where I live. Verizon has the best coverage where I am located.

12-19-09 04:26 AM
    That sucks man. I am in MA so sprint service is pretty much everywhere I need it to be.

Would be a waste of $ for me to go with any other carrier, lol

12-19-09 07:29 AM
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried every other carrier and ended up with Verizon. All the other carriers were a waste of money and I always lost connection.

Bring on the Tour 2 :-)

That sucks man. I am in MA so sprint service is pretty much everywhere I need it to be.

Would be a waste of $ for me to go with any other carrier, lol

12-19-09 11:31 AM
    I cant wait till this phone comes out!!! I do not own a BB yet I have been stalking this phone for 2 months LMBO. I sure hope it comes out really soon or else I might get a restraining order put on me LOL.
    12-19-09 11:46 AM
    Another 8330 user who almost pulled the trigger on a Tour but once the battery door and trackball issues started showing up, I decided to hurry up and wait a little despite my NE2 burning a hole in my pocket. Now, I'm glad I did and can't wait for Essex.

To pass the time last night, I went down to the local VZW store and played with a new Curve as I wanted to see what the trackpad was like. Honestly, at first I didn't like it as it felt "less precise" somehow than the trackball I have used for the past few 2 or 3 years on my Curve. It didn't help that someone before me had the horizontal and vertical sensitivity set to 40! Once I discovered and corrected this, it was a whole different experience. After about a 15 minute learning period though I got the hang of it and am now really a trackpad believer!

If those of you in the waiting room here haven't tried a trackpad BB yet, it might be fun to give one a test run while you're waiting for Essex to appear.
    12-19-09 01:24 PM
    If you really want to know what the Essex will be like, you should go try out a 9700. If that phone doesn't sell you on Blackberry, nothing will.
    12-19-09 01:36 PM
    If you really want to know what the Essex will be like, you should go try out a 9700. If that phone doesn't sell you on Blackberry, nothing will.
    Using a 9700 now. Only defecting to Verizon for the service aspect in my area. Good things come to those who wait.
    12-19-09 02:04 PM
    went to verizon just to ask the sales rep about a possible release...he tried to tell me that havent even made the phone yet and that it doesnt exist yet and i should just buy the tour 1. i told him i've seen pics online (sal's pics)...he told me they were fake and that it just doesnt exist. im sure he was just trying to make me buy a phone asap for his own sales numbers.
    12-19-09 02:08 PM
    went to verizon just to ask the sales rep about a possible release...he tried to tell me that havent even made the phone yet and that it doesnt exist yet and i should just buy the tour 1. i told him i've seen pics online (sal's pics)...he told me they were fake and that it just doesnt exist. im sure he was just trying to make me buy a phone asap for his own sales numbers.
    Most reps don't have a clue about new devices. Take it for what it's worth.
    12-19-09 02:13 PM
    Verizon employees remind me of used car salesmen.
    12-19-09 02:14 PM
    In the Sprint store today and the salesman asked me if he could help. I was playing with the 9630 and definately deciding that I'd prefer a trackpad. I told the salesman that I was waiting for the new Tour. He said that I had the "new" Tour in my hand. Of course, I explained what anyone who does any research about buying a Blackberry knows, that is that the "new" Tour is the 9650. The salesman had trouble keeping a blank face. In fact, he smiled when I said he sould just Google it. Then I realized he was either a robot or he knew exactly what I was talking about and needed to seel the 9630 AND was not allowed to say a word about any phones that were not in the catalog. He said, "They send us a catalog every week. I haven't seen anything about an upgrade." He was careful not to say anything that might tell the customer that there would be an upgrade. Yet he smiled... Have you ever asked them if there would be another sale? The answer is "No, never again!" And then in a few days there's another deal offered. I don't think they're all clueless, I just think it's all about money. It's the nature of the beast. When I'm actually buying a phone or a service, they're pretty free with informatin. Otherwise, it's "buy it now!" It's a tough market out there for cellular and wireless and ultimately that's good for us consumers, but it is definitely "buyer beware." Thank goodness for this website and you contributors that share information (as little as we get). Otherwise, I'd be holding a 9630 right now and feel I made a decision without knowing what I was doing. Not that the 9630 is a bad phone, but that it is not the phone I should be buying for myself right now. So, thanks for posting and keep it up!
    12-19-09 03:21 PM
    Plus Sprint has the cheapest Everything Plan by far.

12-19-09 03:47 PM
    Plus Sprint has the cheapest Everything Plan by far.
    cheaper than tmobile?
    12-19-09 04:12 PM
    Not cheaper, but better carrier features (depending on your plan). Also depending on your coverage area (iMhO) SPRINT is more reliable carrier. I just became a Premier Customer so my benefits, coverage and plan features are the best (For ME). Everyone's needs are different.
    Back to the subject @ hand, the 9650 is just around the corner we must be patient. I was thinking of getting the 8530 for now but why waste an upgrade?
    12-19-09 05:31 PM
    cheaper than tmobile?
    My Sprint is cheaper than T-Mobile, but not by much. If T-Mobile would give me the same discounts as Sprint, I think they'd be cheaper. But Sprint does have much better coverage (3G) where I'm located.
    12-19-09 05:48 PM
23,186 ... 1718192021 ...