I bought the 8530 on 12-11-09. I hope the 9650 comes out before 1-10-10 so I can take the Curve back before my 30 days are up and get the Tour!
    Verizon now charges a $35 restocking fee just thought i'd let you no before you get set to keep changing phones lol
    12-15-09 01:52 PM
    Can't wait for this phone! Upgrade in spring sometime so I can wait some

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 04:26 PM
    Have the Sku#s and dummies started to appear yet?
    not thru sprint retail channels, we havent recieved any news or updates about the essex. im going to see if it was in the recent cellebrite update. (the phonebook transfer machine)
    12-15-09 04:27 PM
    I will probably be getting this phone the first day it is available on Sprint. Upgrade availability plus winter bonuses = SWEET!!!
    12-15-09 04:30 PM
    Can't wait for this phone! Upgrade in spring sometime so I can wait some

inherent contradiction.
    12-15-09 05:01 PM
    Well, the 15th is not looking good :-(

Well its the 15th rumored release date for the essex its 12:25 EST so maybe they are looking for a evening announcement

12-15-09 05:27 PM
    I was watching TV today and saw a commercial for the Bold on Sprint I think lol it was really quick and by the time i realized what it was it was over....if this is true does this mean we could possibly see it soon on Verizon as well....im am waiting for the Tour2 from verizon....hope what i saw was true! hahah
    Last edited by monmich8; 12-15-09 at 06:42 PM.
    12-15-09 06:02 PM
    So much for a Dec 15th release
    12-15-09 07:40 PM
    Hopefully in the next week or so?

So much for a Dec 15th release
    12-15-09 07:56 PM
    If anyone's interested, I posted pics of the Sprint-branded BlackBerry 9650 in the other thread. See here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/sp...ml#post4310772
    12-15-09 08:30 PM
    I was watching TV today and saw a commercial for the Bold on Sprint I think lol it was really quick and by the time i realized what it was it was over....if this is true does this mean we could possibly see it soon on Verizon as well....im am waiting for the Tour2 from verizon....hope what i saw was true! hahah
    the bold2? i was under the impression it is a gsm phone. if they make a cdma version...
    12-15-09 09:04 PM
    doubt the bold2 is coming in a CDMA radio. unless the TV ad made a mistake. Why were people so hoping for a Dec 15th release? Sal had posted a Q1 release was most probable.
    12-15-09 09:18 PM
    My Sprint Premier upgrade is coming up on 1/1/2010, bring it out already, come on!

Hey, if there are dummy units out there, that means a few weeks to go, so Sal is right about the date range.
    12-15-09 09:27 PM
    Looks great; now let's just get them to release it :-)

If anyone's interested, I posted pics of the Sprint-branded BlackBerry 9650 in the other thread. See here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/sp...ml#post4310772
    12-16-09 05:00 AM
    If this comes out anytime before July of next year, current Tour owners will be furious, and rightfully so.
    12-16-09 07:26 AM
    If this comes out anytime before July of next year, current Tour owners will be furious, and rightfully so.
    I'm a current Tour owner (purchased on 8/2) and I can't wait for this come out. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Why would I be furious? I bought my Tour because I liked it. If RIM thinks they can make it better, great. Why would selling the Essex before July make anyone furious?

12-16-09 08:05 AM
    prepare to be furious.
    12-16-09 08:10 AM
    IMHO, the Tour2(9650) isn't geared to be an upgrade to the Tour1(9630). I think its more less an upgrade for the folks that still have 8130's, 8330's, 8830WE's. If you have a Tour1 and you want the Tour2 bad enough, you won't have a problem coming off of the cash to get it. And yea do prepare to be furious, while I'm walking around sporting wi-fi, and the trackpad. Woop Woop.
    12-16-09 10:10 AM
    i personally dont care when it comes out. im just worried about when the NEXT big CDMA bb is comin out after the essex so i can decide which to drop my dollars on
    12-16-09 10:33 AM
    .......And yea do prepare to be furious, while I'm walking around sporting wi-fi, and the trackpad. Woop Woop.
    Yep.....it won't be much longer.
    12-16-09 11:35 AM
    I'm a current Tour owner (purchased on 8/2) and I can't wait for this come out. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Why would I be furious? I bought my Tour because I liked it. If RIM thinks they can make it better, great. Why would selling the Essex before July make anyone furious?

Why would you be furious? Because a phone just is about to come out that made the thing you just committed at least a year to and spent $200 on (at least) not even 6 months ago obsolete?

If the plan was to release the Tour 2 this soon, they shouldn't have even made the Tour 1. It explains why the trackball is so bad - because they don't care about it and just slapped it in there, while their real focus is on the trackpad.

If this does come out shortly, RIM lost a customer for life. I'll be switching to the Droid when my contract ends.

And I know, I know, everyone will respond with a "don't let the door hit you on the way out..." kinda thing. But tell you what, this attitude with releasing phones that have glaring technical issues, and then releasing the "sequel phone" in 6 months is not consumer friendly. 1 year I can understand - because I can upgrade using my annual upgrade if needed. But 6-8 months? Really? That just shows that they're not concerned with putting out quality products - they're just concerned with getting as much money as possible.

RIM increased its market-share because of the BOGOs. Yeah, it's great for the short-term, but this kinda thing will just push people away from RIM and to other, debateable superior phones, like the Droid.
    12-16-09 11:59 AM
    Yeah Capitalism.
    12-16-09 12:30 PM
    Why would you be furious? Because a phone just is about to come out that made the thing you just committed at least a year to and spent $200 on (at least) not even 6 months ago obsolete?

If the plan was to release the Tour 2 this soon, they shouldn't have even made the Tour 1. It explains why the trackball is so bad - because they don't care about it and just slapped it in there, while their real focus is on the trackpad.

If this does come out shortly, RIM lost a customer for life. I'll be switching to the Droid when my contract ends.

And I know, I know, everyone will respond with a "don't let the door hit you on the way out..." kinda thing. But tell you what, this attitude with releasing phones that have glaring technical issues, and then releasing the "sequel phone" in 6 months is not consumer friendly. 1 year I can understand - because I can upgrade using my annual upgrade if needed. But 6-8 months? Really? That just shows that they're not concerned with putting out quality products - they're just concerned with getting as much money as possible.

RIM increased its market-share because of the BOGOs. Yeah, it's great for the short-term, but this kinda thing will just push people away from RIM and to other, debateable superior phones, like the Droid.
    i for one would be very sad to see you go.
    12-16-09 12:50 PM
    To everyone who keeps whining about the tour 2 release so close to the tour 1 release,

First of all thank you for you contributions to the forum here. Part of what drives a forum is the ability for multiple view points to be discussed. However, with that being said, I would like the opportunity to share a few of my own view points.

1) The free-market system we live in, for the time being, is called a capitalism. Why is this important? It is important because in this system we the buyer have the power to determine what products and company's succeed and which do not buy purchasing and not purchasing said products. So if you don't like the fact that the tour 2 is releasing so closely to the tour 1, don't buy it. However, I am guessing that the fact that you are even on this thread shows that this product has captivated your attention.

2) RIM doesn't care about you. With both of these devices not being a consumer level devices, unlike the curve or the pearl, you are not their primary target consumer, thus they don't care if they **** you off. Their target audience for this phone is the business demographic. This means that the people buying the majority of these phones are going to be businesses and people who see the $400, or whatever the retail price of the phone is, as pocket change and I can assure you businesses don't care if a newer version comes out in less then a year, they will see it as a value add and continue to use their legacy devices, the tour 1, and move forward with the new devices as the need to replace the legacy devices or to add devices arise.

3) Have you ever heard the term you can't please everyone? Though admittedly it sucks you are part of the demographic of people that will be displeased with this situation and of the percentage of you that are displeased only a small percentage of you will actually allow that temporary emotional circumstance impact your buying decision. If you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one, which is not good for any organization.

3) Do you own or operate a multibillion dollar a year entity? Then what business do you have arguing with the decisions of a person who makes way more money and actually knows about business then you? Let me answer that for you, none. Saying that RIM is making a bad decision in releasing this phone when you are most likely a sub $100K a year job guy is like me walking into my heart surgeon and arguing with him about the new heart valve he has chosen to use in his next surgery. Its just plain assanine and shows your ignorance.

Please understand that your opinion is valued because you are a person and we value you but ultimately your whining and by whining I mean saying things like "if this phone comes out before a year I am going to be mad", or "its not fair that they are releasing this phone before a year" or "they had better give me a discount because I bought a tour 1" not only shows your ignorance but is just plain a waste of everyone's time and server space. However, if you should feel the need to voice your opinion I suggest postulating and forming a legitimate argument for why your view point is valid and allowing for intelligent discussion of the facts surrounding your feelings.

Thank you for your time,
    Justen
    12-16-09 01:33 PM
    Ahhhhh a breath of fresh air via logic. Thank you, thank you very much.

WRT proximity of release dates, remember, there is no rule that states one must have the newest available phone model at all times. As tempting as a shiny new toy is, you are under no obligation buy said shiny thing. Also, if RIM has decided to release a new product in such close proximity to the release of a previous model, what makes you think they won't just do it again with an upgrade to the Tour 2? Maybe add a touch screen feature in addition to a full QWERTY (total conjecture, not supported by fact).

My advice to the disgruntled few who feel "cheated" or "ripped off" is relax, make an informed decision, and be patient. Remember, you bought the Tour for a reason.
    12-16-09 01:45 PM
23,186 ... 1415161718 ...