Yeah, I am on Tour #4. I sure hope they let us go to Tour 2's for free.
    i'm on storm #5 and i didn't receive nor expect a free storm2 when it came out. we all know that purchasing a device as soon as it comes out may show problems that can only be found in mass production and distribution. it sucks that phone's are released that develop major issues, but your best bet is to wait at least a month after a phone is released before purchasing to see what bugs other people may have encountered.
    12-09-09 01:15 PM
    i'm on storm #5 and i didn't receive nor expect a free storm2 when it came out. we all know that purchasing a device as soon as it comes out may show problems that can only be found in mass production and distribution. it sucks that phone's are released that develop major issues, but your best bet is to wait at least a month after a phone is released before purchasing to see what bugs other people may have encountered.
    I think he was referring to VZW's policy regarding the number of replacement phones that you are given. I think they allow you to choose a different phone of equal or lesser value (or pay the difference) if you're given a faulty replacement X number of times in a row. Don't quote me though, never had that many problems with one phone.
    12-09-09 05:57 PM
    I think he was referring to VZW's policy regarding the number of replacement phones that you are given. I think they allow you to choose a different phone of equal or lesser value (or pay the difference) if you're given a faulty replacement X number of times in a row. Don't quote me though, never had that many problems with one phone.
    its 3 times in 90 days
    12-09-09 06:06 PM
    I'm not sure its even just that. I think that a lot of people are going to be upset that VZW / RIM released the original Tour July 14, 2009 and is now releasing the Tour2 about 6 or 7 months later (hopefully). I mean, at least they waited a year to release the Storm2 but as you know, most people were saying that VZW let Storm1 owners get the Storm2 for $100.00 / $200.00 if they just renewed their contract ( I may be mistaken on that but that's what some did, including my friend who just got his Storm1 in September of 2009).

So I think it's not solely the fact that he's on Tour #4 but the time line that they're releasing the replacement in.
    12-10-09 08:20 AM
    its 3 times in 90 days
    I am available for an upgrade w/ Verizon---and it's killing me because I am using this crappy base model LG flip phone (50$ without a plan hahaha).

So if I assume that the Tour2 is coming out w/in 90 days I can go ahead and upgrade to the new curve then get pass around phones until the Tour2 comes out?
    12-10-09 04:53 PM
    this phone looks like it might be awesome
    12-10-09 05:29 PM
    cant wait for this phones release
    12-10-09 05:30 PM
    wow seems very cool, cant wait!
    12-10-09 06:20 PM
    So anyone heard if the Tour 2 will be out before Christmas?
    12-11-09 08:43 AM
    So anyone heard if the Tour 2 will be out before Christmas?
    That's not happening but I see it releasing withing the 1Q.
    12-11-09 08:47 AM
    I am waiting and waiting; already replaced the battery on my old flip phone twice now; that Tour 2 cannot get here soon enough.

12-11-09 10:26 AM
    Dec 15th - Jan 20th is when sal said it is looking good for a release

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:03 AM
    I was hoping that it would be by the end of the year. Damn. I have an upgrade waiting to be used on this device. But my 8330 is on it's last legs. So what should I get to hold me over till the 9650, the 9550 or 8530? I'd be paying full retail but I could always sell either one once the 9650 arrives. And it has to be a VZW phone. Suggestions/recommendations?
    12-11-09 11:16 AM

Perhaps we should just rename this thread "Essex Release Date (Sal said between Dec 15th & Jan 20th)
    12-11-09 11:27 AM
    I could see the announcement date being in Dec. Usually someone finds a Vzw landing page hidden on their website. That's the surest indication of an imminent release
    12-11-09 11:52 AM
    I was hoping that it would be by the end of the year. Damn. I have an upgrade waiting to be used on this device. But my 8330 is on it's last legs. So what should I get to hold me over till the 9650, the 9550 or 8530? I'd be paying full retail but I could always sell either one once the 9650 arrives. And it has to be a VZW phone. Suggestions/recommendations?
    Why not give the 9550 a whirl? you can play with the much improved touchscreen and you get the wi-fi.
    12-11-09 02:48 PM
    Come on Dec 15th

12-11-09 04:07 PM
    Why not give the 9550 a whirl? you can play with the much improved touchscreen and you get the wi-fi.
    I think I'm leaning that way. Might pick one up this weekend.

12-11-09 08:45 PM
    It would be good timing for the Essex to hit stores before Xmas, but I wouldn't be happy about having to wait a year and a half for my upgarde date.
    12-11-09 09:43 PM
    Until we have the real thing:

Blackberry Essex (Tour 2) Overview
    12-12-09 06:52 AM
    Let's just all hope that Sprint offers the upgrade/rebate on the Essex to those of us that are eligible and waiting and not to only offer a deal to new accounts.
    12-12-09 10:09 AM
    I have been eligible and waiting with Verizon for a couple of months now.

Let's just all hope that Sprint offers the upgrade/rebate on the Essex to those of us that are eligible and waiting and not to only offer a deal to new accounts.
    12-13-09 03:42 AM
    Yeah I have been eligable since april but didn't want to get the tour because before the tour was released we heard about the Essex. Thank god my curve is indestructable. Lol

12-13-09 07:36 AM
    You're not joking - mine has been extremely durable. Hope the Essex also has that level of durability as well.
    12-13-09 10:00 AM
    My plan for Verizon ends on January 1st, so I'm hoping this will come out soon! I'm not very patient when it comes to getting a new phone, so I'm hoping to get a new phone the day that I can get a new phone! I currently have the Env2 (I know, I literally want to kill myself after having it for more than a year and a half) which has a broken hinge (fantastic, huh?). I have been playing with the 9550 and wanting it for a long time, but I've heard about this phone and would love to try out a trackpad BlackBerry. Messaging is great on the Storm2 for me, even with my fast thumbs, so I'm tied between the Tour2 and the Storm2 (wow, EnV2, Storm2, and Tour2... coincidence?).
    12-13-09 10:58 AM
23,186 ... 1213141516 ...