I'm not saying that you're wrong and I'd love to see it but I think VZW will severely **** a lot of people off if they released the phone in January with the WiFi, trackpad, and additional internal memory when the Tour originally got released less than a year prior to the Tour2.

I'm going to get the Tour2 when it drops, but the thing is that VZW should be doing something for the customers who got the original when it was released like give it for $100.00 with an updated contract or something similar cause I'll do it but still.

Ya know?
    I disagree. Anybody that follows Crackberry knew last summer, before the Tour came out, that a Tour-type device with WiFi was coming out around January 2010. That's why I didn't get the Tour and decided to wait.
    12-07-09 12:48 PM
    I'm not saying that you're wrong and I'd love to see it but I think VZW will severely **** a lot of people off if they released the phone in January with the WiFi, trackpad, and additional internal memory when the Tour originally got released less than a year prior to the Tour2.

I'm going to get the Tour2 when it drops, but the thing is that VZW should be doing something for the customers who got the original when it was released like give it for $100.00 with an updated contract or something similar cause I'll do it but still.

Ya know?
    Of course, but the fact of the matter is, and sad part about all of this, is they don't care.. they just simply don't care. It's RIM that should be compensating us, not the carriers. They didn't design the phone, RIM did. RIM should do a recycling program and charge it's existing Tour users $50-100 in addition to recycling to get the Tour2/Essex.

But again, this will never happen.
    12-07-09 01:08 PM
    I disagree. Anybody that follows Crackberry knew last summer, before the Tour came out, that a Tour-type device with WiFi was coming out around January 2010. That's why I didn't get the Tour and decided to wait.
    True.. That's exactly why I waited.
    12-07-09 01:13 PM
    Of course, but the fact of the matter is, and sad part about all of this, is they don't care.. they just simply don't care. It's RIM that should be compensating us, not the carriers. They didn't design the phone, RIM did. RIM should do a recycling program and charge it's existing Tour users $50-100 in addition to recycling to get the Tour2/Essex.

I agree
    IMO RIM should allow a return on bb tour 1 im sure they can resell recycle them
    12-07-09 01:31 PM

Exactly... RIM should give all Tour owners free Tour 2's, not for releasing the Tour 2 so soon after the original, but for making the worst phone ever. I have never in my life owned a worse phone than the Tour.

I think RIM is quite pathetic for how they handled it. Oh well, no more BB's for me ever again. I think RIM has lost what they once had.
    12-07-09 02:01 PM
    Exactly... RIM should give all Tour owners free Tour 2's, not for releasing the Tour 2 so soon after the original, but for making the worst phone ever. I have never in my life owned a worse phone than the Tour.

I think RIM is quite pathetic for how they handled it. Oh well, no more BB's for me ever again. I think RIM has lost what they once had.
    I don't really understand this argument either. If people were unhappy with their Tours they had 30 days to return them. Neither VZW/Sprint nor RIM forced anybody to buy a Tour.
    12-07-09 02:14 PM
    I've had my curve 8330 and I was going to get the Tour but heard they're coming out with the Tour 2...what problems do people have with the Tour and has anyone heard that the Tour 2's won't have those similar problems?
    12-07-09 03:14 PM

i might be ignorant, but didn't the release the 8100, then 8110, then 8120 pretty quickly too? it doesn't happen very often for CDMA phones, but GSM variants of the BB come out pretty often, i think they did the same for the 8300's. this is a bit more of a dramatic change. like everyone said, if you've been on this forum long enough, you knew an optical track pad was coming, and coming soon. i just feel bad for the average joe that doesn't come to this kind of forum and they see their money invested in a "new" gadget, that's about to become a bit dated. i have no sympathy for forum members that complain though.
    12-07-09 03:25 PM
    The Trackball issue is the main issue - search the forums for it.

I also have the 8330 - I'm waiting....
    12-07-09 03:29 PM
    My only other thing is, when Sprint (since I'm with Sprint) see's ton's of these going into the repair centers, they will probably switch us out to those? Especially when we keep going in for trackball issues. I'm on my 5th tour because of this issue.
    12-07-09 03:40 PM
    My only other thing is, when Sprint (since I'm with Sprint) see's ton's of these going into the repair centers, they will probably switch us out to those? Especially when we keep going in for trackball issues. I'm on my 5th tour because of this issue.
    Yeah, I am on Tour #4. I sure hope they let us go to Tour 2's for free.
    12-07-09 04:32 PM
    I just know that I'm glad that i decided to wait and save my upgrade for the Tour2. I think its more geared to the 8830WE, 8330e/m users who have been longing for an upgrade. If you got a Tour, then your bad. No sense in griping about it. Pay the full retail, or just wait it out.
    12-07-09 04:38 PM
    ... i have no sympathy for forum members that complain though.
    Agree...I was aware that a trackpad/wifi version of the Tour was coming and held off on upgrading my Curve. If you follow Crackberry there's no reason to complain if you were impatient and decided to buy a Tour.
    12-07-09 04:50 PM
    i also heard that there were issues with like the speaker being too low on tours. is that still an issue?
    12-07-09 10:29 PM
    Someone ask me if the radio was remaining the same in the tour2 as was in the tour1. does anyone know?
    12-07-09 11:10 PM
    i know this is crackberry and all but the HTC Bravo/Passion has me second guessing...and it has a "somewhat" more concrete release date....
    12-08-09 08:14 AM
    ... well my 3 year old chunked my uninsured VZW Touch Pro 2 down some stairs onto concrete.. needless to say .. dad wasn't thrilled.. and went to a VZW store and had to plunk down $360 for a Curve2 8530 .. (liked the feel and wifi) .. but now I hear a Tour 2 is due out .. Anyone hear anything yet (guessing not based on trying to skim these posts) on if I might get a chance to exchange before my 30 days are up? ..... or if I should go for the Storm2? (Not sure I like the new Storms screen to be honest.. feels weird..)

Thanks!
    Jeff
    12-08-09 10:16 AM
    ... well my 3 year old chunked my uninsured VZW Touch Pro 2 down some stairs onto concrete.. needless to say .. dad wasn't thrilled.. and went to a VZW store and had to plunk down $360 for a Curve2 8530 .. (liked the feel and wifi) .. but now I hear a Tour 2 is due out .. Anyone hear anything yet (guessing not based on trying to skim these posts) on if I might get a chance to exchange before my 30 days are up? ..... or if I should go for the Storm2? (Not sure I like the new Storms screen to be honest.. feels weird..)

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Everyone is just speculating but Sal apparently posted on his twitter that the Essex dropping btwn Dec 20 - Jan 15 is "looking good". He's probably the most in the know so that's a good gauge.
    12-08-09 10:18 AM
    Well, Main Page | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications has the Essex due out Jan 2010. So, it appears that the Essex will be after Christmas, which makes sense but hopefully early Q1!!!!
    12-08-09 02:41 PM
    Just letting you guys know, my storm got busted up today, and I went into verizon to complain..nevertheless, the guy from verizon said that the tour 2 is impressing people

I also complained that I was gonna leave for the new bold, but he said that we should expect the essex in january..So looks like im gonna wait..

in case you were wondering, it was at the verizon in center city on market street
    12-08-09 03:33 PM
    Well, Main Page | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications has the Essex due out Jan 2010. So, it appears that the Essex will be after Christmas, which makes sense but hopefully early Q1!!!!
    Thanks for the info but I am not sure how much I would trust that site, the home page still says the Storm 2 is "coming soon" and has December 2009 listed as its release date and we all know the storm has been out for over a month now. Hopefully they have a record of stating release dates later then they actually are then we can expect the essex to drop in December j/k.
    12-08-09 06:33 PM
    Ok, here is some more info for us to noodle on that I gleaned from Sal's site:

Storm 2 branded date: Oct 7th
    Storm 2 give away date: Sept 28
    Storm 2 release date: Oct 28

Tour 2 branded date: Dec 4th
    Tour 2 give away date: Dec 7th
    Tour 2 release date: January 7th ish <-- Completely speculatory NOT OFFICIAL

So the the Storm 2 was given away by Sal before it was officially branded but the Tour 2 was branded 3 days before the give away. I think early January is really looking good. Does anyone know how much time there is between and official release date announcement and the release date? That would help dispel or endorse some of my (and others) thoughts of a Dec release.
    12-08-09 09:03 PM
    The official device announcements and corresponding release dates are always different. RIM and Voda officially announced the S2 on 10/15 and I think Voda was selling the phone about 10 days later. Verizon and RIM officially announced the S2 on 10/26 and Verizon was selling the phone 2 days later on 10/28.

As a side note: I was on blackberry.com earlier today and this is how it looked. What's out of place on that image? Yep, that trackball. Isn't it funny how quickly something we've used for so long becomes old and obsolete?

12-08-09 09:22 PM
    ouch it does look out of place and way too far in the background, but remember this, the trackball hasnt been around that long either, i think the pearl might have been one of the first main stream blackberrys with one and that wasnt that long ago, before that we had the scroll wheel which was **** to go on the net with, but then again its not like you really went on the net with the super old blackberry's anyway.
    12-08-09 11:03 PM
    I just returned a Samsung Moment so I could wait for this phone. I hope it does com out before the end of January.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 11:08 PM
23,186 ... 1112131415 ...