This will be the best phone ever by BB. I almost went for the tour 9630 or curve2 8530 tonight, but held off. so glad i did. WHEN will the essex 9650 become a reality?????, my 2nd casing 8830 we is getn old.....

please kevin, someone, help
    11-27-09 09:09 PM
    I talked to a VZW salesperson this evening. He said that VZW released a press release stating that they would receive the Tour2 but not until July.
    LOL! Please post a link to this. Verizon release a press release on a phone they're not going to have for 8 months? That wouldn't happen. Anyway, all of VZW press releases are on their website and I can find no such release.

However, it would be nice if they'd release something.
    11-27-09 09:32 PM
    December/January would be perfect as I am eligible for an update Dec 5th.
    I feel you. I'm eligible Dec 10.
    11-27-09 11:32 PM
    Grrr, not eligible till March, but the sooner this baby gets released, the sooner the kinks get worked out and *I* get a good phone the first time around. Can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 11:43 PM
    You have posted this before but have no evidence to back it up other than a confused customer service rep.
    a corporate store in schaumburg il she was there this was not by phone idk if there title is a cs but she said she was a product manager, I am starting to think that it is the curve2 but idk I want to see if anyone from sprint can verify stock on the tour 9630, I have also been told that production from tour 9630 has stopped this was on another forum, again idk how much of it is true. im just trying to find out like everyone else.

if in fact the tour 2 or tour 9650 is coming out i am willing to pay for the upgrade will i be happy i know i will be as long as the device is solid
    11-28-09 04:54 AM
    Question: Do you guys think that Verizon caused all this drama with AT&T, and Sprint because they don't have any new hot handsets for the holidays maybe even for a few months? Do they really beleive they can build themselves up by tearing others down. Sad
    11-28-09 12:04 PM
    Question: Do you guys think that Verizon caused all this drama with AT&T, and Sprint because they don't have any new hot handsets for the holidays maybe even for a few months?
    Answer: No. Verizon is just stating the facts so when people are shopping for a 3g phone, they know where the coverage is. at&t's rebuttle is that they do have the whole country covered with their normal coverage, but their 3g is spotty.

i don't consider that drama. plus vzn just released several new smartphones, including the droid, curve2 and storm2.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 11-28-09 at 12:37 PM.
    11-28-09 12:35 PM
    VZW is shi* too. $350 ETF? You serious...? Every carrier has skeletons in the closet..
    11-28-09 03:54 PM
    Now if they would just release the Tour 2. :-)

vzn just released several new smartphones, including the droid, curve2 and storm2.
    11-28-09 03:58 PM
    LOL! Please post a link to this. Verizon release a press release on a phone they're not going to have for 8 months? That wouldn't happen. Anyway, all of VZW press releases are on their website and I can find no such release.

However, it would be nice if they'd release something.
    I have not seen the press release, it's just what the salesperson that wanted to make a sale said. I thought that July was a little far off, but I can reasonably see March for a release. I have a feeling that by Christmas isn't going to happen; otherwise we would have seen some advertising regarding the release.
    11-28-09 06:36 PM
    Grrr, not eligible till March, but the sooner this baby gets released, the sooner the kinks get worked out and *I* get a good phone the first time around. Can't wait!

I did notice a trend here. It appears that the early releases of the Tour had trackball problems but it seems that the later ones are better...hmmm.
    11-28-09 06:37 PM
    I did notice a trend here. It appears that the early releases of the Tour had trackball problems but it seems that the later ones are better...hmmm.
    Here is my problem with that.....
    The Trackballs are always issues. I've had 3 replaced on my Pearl. That is fine because they do it in the store. But to know I'm buying something that even if I get a good one, it will need replaced in a 2 year contract period and can't be done in house is worrysome for me.
    If I end up trying a Tour, I think I'll just spring a few more bucks and just get it on a one year contract.
    11-28-09 06:42 PM
    Here is my problem with that.....
    The Trackballs are always issues. I've had 3 replaced on my Pearl. That is fine because they do it in the store. But to know I'm buying something that even if I get a good one, it will need replaced in a 2 year contract period and can't be done in house is worrysome for me.
    If I end up trying a Tour, I think I'll just spring a few more bucks and just get it on a one year contract.
    I'm the type of person that will research something before buying. Since I will be stuck with whichever BB I buy, I would like it to be the best one available. With that in mind, I will probably wait for the Essex and see if it is better than the Tour. The good news is that if the Essex turns out to be a bummer, then the Tour's price will be rock bottom.
    11-28-09 10:40 PM
    My friend talked to his guy who works for sprint distribution. 9650s scheduled to arrive on or before the 19th of dec!!!!! Keepn my fingers crossed, but I will take the first one off the truck!!!
    11-28-09 10:54 PM
    i just wish we knew an official date.
    11-28-09 10:58 PM
    My friend talked to his guy who works for sprint distribution. 9650s scheduled to arrive on or before the 19th of dec!!!!! Keepn my fingers crossed, but I will take the first one off the truck!!!
    I think hes confused with the 8530 curve
    11-29-09 05:11 AM
    Is it telling at all that lots of phone accessory sites are now showing stuff for the 9650? Although I would assume 99.99% are the same as the 9630.....
    11-29-09 06:23 AM
    At first I thought that was a typo but now....
    11-29-09 07:53 AM
    can anyone at sprint or vz confirm / deny if the essex or its accessories are in the system yet? If nothing is in their system yet, we would have little to no chance of getting this thing in 09
    11-29-09 08:52 AM
    I'm guessing that they will just change the listings from 9630 to 9650 when it happens since they'll all be pretty much interchangable.

11-29-09 03:22 PM
    OK guys since it seems as though everyone's speculations are based on carrier reps
    and there "trusty" inside scoop, my local Sprint Store Manager told me his RIM rep said the new Tour will be launching sometime in January.
    I probed further and he said early next year. Since he makes these things at home in his spare time with his dependable worker elves, I totally believe him.
    11-29-09 06:20 PM
    this sucks
    11-29-09 06:41 PM
    My feeling is this, since we have not seen any advertising on the Essex we're not getting it before January at the earliest. If we were getting it by Christmas we would see all types of ads for it. I think the carriers are using the holidays to clear out the existing Tours before it's released.
    11-29-09 08:43 PM
    On a side note, my son was all gaga over the Droid and now he wants a BB too. I feel proud. I did not influence him at all.
    11-29-09 08:45 PM
    so what was said to me December 15 is pretty close to what was said to you
    11-29-09 10:44 PM
23,186 ... 7891011 ...