The tour on vzw dropped price right before the storm2 launched also

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 05:33 PM

Not quite. Try like 2 months before.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pr...9-99-a-301413/
    11-19-09 06:23 PM
    Sure hope it is before the end of the year.

As much as I would love for that to happen, it doesn't seem realistic at all. If the release date was really coming up so soon much more information would have leaked by now. I think that we would've heard something from Kevin or Crucial if this was really true.
    11-19-09 07:53 PM
    Yeah, not sure if the price drop always is in line with the next release.

11-19-09 07:56 PM
    Sal's generosity doesn't mean this phone is coming out in 3 weeks. It's not coming out this quarter.
    I'm not very optimistic about a pre-xmas launch, not anymore anyways. Sinternet is usually considered one of the people that are "in the know" about this type of thing, and if he says not this quarter, i'm inclined to believe it. However depressing it may be.
    11-19-09 08:19 PM
    Why I feel this way, no clue but if it doesn't come out this year, I probably won't get it. Seeing as how the essex is essentially a Tour with a trackpad and wifi, it doesn't seem like its worth the upgrade (from my curve). If its not coming out until March of '10, I'm sure we'll be hearing about a new CDMA device on the horizon.

It seems like a good upgrade now but in March, it would seem outdated. Weird, I know. Ha

11-19-09 10:29 PM
    I think the first sign will be when the current Tour gets discounted.
    That is what happened with the Storm 1.

Right now, with all the discounts including my NET $100 off, the Storm 2 is 79, and the Tour is 49. All the other BB are free.
    Details on all these discounts and what you mean by "my NET $100 off"?
    11-19-09 11:03 PM
    It sucks that they're releasing the new tour (essex) so soon after the original tour. I just saw a video showing the new tour and they replaced the trackball with a trackpad just like the new bold 9700 and most importantly the new tour will be running OS 5.0. I wish their was a way to trade in the old tour and get the new one for a discounted price without renewing or extending my contract with sprint.

11-20-09 02:17 AM
    they added wifi, and 2 gb internal storage memory..

I think this was said before, but it�s not RIM thats to blame. The CDMA carriers needed a new high end Blackberry so they got the Tour a little faster then RIM intended, they left the trackpad and wifi out of the package so they could deliver it out fast.

IF RIM doesn`t come out with a new cdma phone everybody is complaining as well
    11-20-09 03:55 AM
    Kevin said the phone is already in production so I am hoping q1.
    11-20-09 04:01 AM
    Details on all these discounts and what you mean by "my NET $100 off"?
    New Every Two, I should have probably said, NE2.

With Verizon, they offer new phones for free or a big discount to sign up for 2 more years. I am at the end of my 2 years with my 8830WE. So I qualify for my NE2 discount.

I am have been with Verizon, or the companies they have bought, since 1991.
    11-20-09 07:30 AM
    Ummm NE2 is only $50.00 off, right? Used to be $100.00 but not anymore.
    11-20-09 09:46 AM
    New Every Two, I should have probably said, NE2.

With Verizon, they offer new phones for free or a big discount to sign up for 2 more years. I am at the end of my 2 years with my 8830WE. So I qualify for my NE2 discount.

I am have been with Verizon, or the companies they have bought, since 1991.
    ohh alright. thanks for the clarification. i have this too i think.
    im already eligible for my upgrade and i wanted to get the curve 8530, but then I heard about essex so i think im gonna hold out for that. I'm really hoping it comes out soon as my current phone is broken
    11-20-09 09:56 AM
    this is what I get on the website for the Tour;

2-yr Contract Price $249.99
    Online Discount -100.00
    New Every Two Discount -100.00
    Your Price 49.99

I am a VIP customer, (get 25% off on accessories), maybe that changes things?
    11-20-09 02:27 PM

Online Discount -100.00
    Your Price 49.99

wait whats the "Online Discount" is it some code or something?
    11-20-09 02:30 PM
    wait whats the "Online Discount" is it some code or something?
    online discounts are immediate instead of in store mail in rebates, gives you an incentive to buy online
    11-20-09 02:38 PM
    You can also buy them at best buy and get the instant rebate as well.
    I like immediate gratification. Lol

11-20-09 02:45 PM
    online discounts are immediate instead of in store mail in rebates, gives you an incentive to buy online
    im eligible for an upgrade (current VZ user) and i see the tour as 149.99 still. why dont i get discount?
    11-20-09 02:51 PM
    im eligible for an upgrade (current VZ user) and i see the tour as 149.99 still. why dont i get discount?
    Did you log in and then follow the upgrade link?
    11-20-09 03:47 PM
    Did you log in and then follow the upgrade link?
    I'm in a family plan and i'm one of the addt'l lines, not the main line. does this mean i'm not eligible for the NET discount?
    11-20-09 05:49 PM

Online Discount -100.00
    Your Price 49.99

There was a grandfather clause written into new Verizon 2-year contracts. I think it was back in February or March. The way I understand it, anyone on a 2-year VIP contract that was signed before then gets the old $50/$100 NE2 discount when they sign their next contract, and then their new contract agreement is "demoted" to the current $30/$50 NE2 discount. Anyone that signed a new 2-year agreement after the Feb/Mar contract change only qualifies for the $30/$50 NE2 discount.

I'm in a family plan and i'm one of the addt'l lines, not the main line. does this mean i'm not eligible for the NET discount?
    No, you are not eligible. The only line that qualifies for the NE2 discount is the primary line. However, all lines on the same family plan still qualify for the 1 year early upgrade discount, with signed 2-year renewal. Basically all you'd get is the 2-year contract price, and you'd have to sign into a new 2-year agreement, and be stuck with the new prices.
    11-20-09 10:26 PM
    I am hoping for earlier than that; any updates? Sometime in December would be ideal. :-)

Kevin said the phone is already in production so I am hoping q1.
    11-21-09 01:57 PM
    I am also hoping for pre christmas!!
    11-21-09 02:37 PM
    I'm really excited for the release of this phone since I'm getting over the "cool" factor of having a storm1 since last December. Best part is that I'm eligible for an upgrade as of this past Oct 7th (has to do with how my company upgrades employee phones - basically borrow someone else's upgrade if you need it but we're switching back to "your line only" upgrading which works out for me).

Anyways, I know that Verizon is done getting new blackberries for the holidays, but I'm really hoping this comes out early 2010, and hopefully no later than February, or I might break down and get a first gen Tour. Any thoughts?
    11-21-09 05:49 PM
    since it seems that the general consensus is that the tour2 won't come out before xmas, i'm considering buying a used curve. would anyone suggest the best way to do this? (ebay/craiglist?) also does it need to be unlocked or anything? i dont really know what unlocked/jail broken really means.
    11-21-09 09:05 PM
23,186 ... 45678 ...