I spoke to my Sprint corporate sales rep and he is told me "Should be out within the next few weeks"... So what is that 2,3,4,5 weeks???
    Ehh, sprint reps really don't really know much of phone releases until they get promotional materials for it.
    11-12-09 06:53 PM
    Lol, as I was getting a replacement tour set up, I asked the sprint rep "hey, so uh.. When is the Tour 2 Essex coming out?"

Guess what he told me.. "What?"

Yep, prob be a few yrs before the Tour 2 hits Sprint. Slowwwwwwwww...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:09 PM
    Are you freaking kidding!!??? Why is sprint so sloooooowwwww???
    11-12-09 10:19 PM
    Lol, as I was getting a replacement tour set up, I asked the sprint rep "hey, so uh.. When is the Tour 2 Essex coming out?"

Guess what he told me.. "What?"

Yep, prob be a few yrs before the Tour 2 hits Sprint. Slowwwwwwwww...

I had a rep tell me once that my curve 8330 does not have gps. Lmao

So when it comes to reps and knowing stuff about their phones or rumored phones I just stick to what kevin says and that's it. Lol

11-12-09 10:42 PM
    I had a Sprint rep tell the Tour would only be released on VZW. LOL. I showed him the sprint official press release and a picture on their website. He hated to admit in front of his employees and customers he was wrong, and stormed off. HA HA
    11-13-09 12:04 AM
    After all these post. Yes, no, maybe, next week, next year etc... Tour 2 for Sprint, if so when?
    11-13-09 01:24 PM
    Has Kevin or Sal heard anything new lately. I am anxious here for the T2. Those guys seem to get more info when it gets close to release, and they have been quiet lately, or I could be imagining. I just don't want to be waiting till spring when I could just get something else. Thanks.
    11-13-09 05:19 PM
    Agree; I am just ready and waiting on the T2.

Has Kevin or Sal heard anything new lately. I am anxious here for the T2. Those guys seem to get more info when it gets close to release, and they have been quiet lately, or I could be imagining. I just don't want to be waiting till spring when I could just get something else. Thanks.
    11-13-09 05:34 PM
    Judging from Sal's website he's been hyping up the Droid since it's release. However, after checking the site just now he has posted some more clues and an overview. Check it out:

Blackberry Essex (Tour 2) Overview � Salomondrin
    11-13-09 05:38 PM
    Didn't notice any reference to timeframe or did I miss it?

Judging from Sal's website he's been hyping up the Droid since it's release. However, after checking the site just now he has posted some more clues and an overview. Check it out:

11-14-09 09:04 AM
    There was no release date in the video, but Sal's post below it says Q1 or Q@ of 2010. In a different thread here another member mentioned how the Storm2 and Bold2 both came out about a year after the originals, so if RIM follows that model with this one, it could easily be Q2 of 2010 and while I hate that idea, it does make sense.

The day of the Droid release I was speaking with the manager of a corporate store, and yes, I know, they all know nothing, she told me that there would be 12 new phones coming out before Christmas and she believed the Tour2 would be one of them. Of course, that does mean nothing, I know
    11-15-09 02:00 AM
    Ugh i hate this time window. Its like everything is just sitting still. I guess that nobody wants to release too much info and just release the phone off the radar. Wouldn't that be funny if that happened.
    11-15-09 02:50 PM
    Does anyone know if the Essex will be released in the UK? I am dying to get it... I'm due an upgrade from my 8900 in Jan and by then the 9700 will be dated lol soo really really want this, plus this looks like 100 times nicer than the 9700...

Please say aye.
    11-15-09 03:32 PM
    (My guess is in between the end of Q1 and beginning of Q2 of 2010).
    So if Q1 ends on March 31 @ 23:59:59 and Q2 begins on April 1 @ 00:00, what exactly is in between them?

/smart@$$
    11-15-09 11:05 PM
    Does anyone know if the Essex will be released in the UK? I am dying to get it... I'm due an upgrade from my 8900 in Jan and by then the 9700 will be dated lol soo really really want this, plus this looks like 100 times nicer than the 9700...

Please say aye.
    Tour is a CDMA phone so no probably.. you can get the 9700. Its non sense that its dated then
    11-16-09 02:37 AM
    Tour is a CDMA phone so no probably.. you can get the 9700. Its non sense that its dated then
    Being from the UK i think that all we have here is GSM/GPRS/3G etc, being a CDMA phone does that mean it has no option for a simcard and what would happen if u did get it unlocked and use a UK simcard in it?
    11-16-09 04:09 AM
    Hoping for sometime in the next 30 days.

There was no release date in the video, but Sal's post below it says Q1 or Q@ of 2010. In a different thread here another member mentioned how the Storm2 and Bold2 both came out about a year after the originals, so if RIM follows that model with this one, it could easily be Q2 of 2010 and while I hate that idea, it does make sense.

The day of the Droid release I was speaking with the manager of a corporate store, and yes, I know, they all know nothing, she told me that there would be 12 new phones coming out before Christmas and she believed the Tour2 would be one of them. Of course, that does mean nothing, I know
    11-16-09 05:21 AM
    any1 have anything new on a release date for verizon??
    11-16-09 08:07 AM
    The Tour is a quad band phone with CDMA & GSM capabilities. With that being said I believe CDMA is the primary connection & it is locked so that CDMA can only be used in the US CDMA markets. Maybe Blackberry and/or the GSM providers will do something similar for GSM primary carriers.
    11-16-09 09:10 AM
    I was looking at the new curve, when I saw that it didn't have a flash, and a 2.0 megapixel camera, I was unsold and I will just wait for the essex.
    11-16-09 01:29 PM
    Isn't sprint supposed to get the essex first? I thought I read that a few months (maybe in Sept) ago but I could be wrong. If true, how Much longer after that would Verizon release it?

Stephlb sprint will be the first to drop the essex, its already being circulated on youtube, verizon might release theres right after, just like how the tour came out first for verizon then 2 weeks after it came out for sprint.
    11-16-09 01:48 PM
    Really hope this comes out by 12/30 of this year. I just got my mailer for an early upgrade to any pda....*fingers crossed*
    11-16-09 03:16 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but this phone should drop way before Q2 2010. During his recent chat, David Owens confirmed they (Sprint) had a WiFi Tour coming out while at the same time he refused to comment on the 2010 Blackberry lineup. For me, this all but confirms that the Essex is going to launch soon. If Owens thought the Essex wasn't going to be available until late Q1 or Q2 2010, he wouldn't have said anything about the phone. The fact that he states he's not going to talk about the 2010 BB lineup but then still talks about the Tour 2 has to mean this phone is set to drop soon.

Some quotes:

Question: Will Sprint be getting any blackberries with wifi this year?

Owens:
    today sprint offers the BB tour which includes wifi.

Owens:
    hang on a minute i went a little fast, we are adding wifi to tour and will have other bb products that include wifi going forward

Question:
    Will Sprint be getting any touchscreen blackberries like the storm 2?

Owens:
    Not commenting on 2010 roadmap, but we'll have a robust BB line-up.
    11-16-09 09:18 PM
    Seems promising but as we have seen with many devices. I will believe it when I see it. Lol

11-16-09 10:56 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but this phone should drop way before Q2 2010. During his recent chat, David Owens confirmed they (Sprint) had a WiFi Tour coming out while at the same time he refused to comment on the 2010 Blackberry lineup. For me, this all but confirms that the Essex is going to launch soon. If Owens thought the Essex wasn't going to be available until late Q1 or Q2 2010, he wouldn't have said anything about the phone. The fact that he states he's not going to talk about the 2010 BB lineup but then still talks about the Tour 2 has to mean this phone is set to drop soon.

Some quotes:

Question: Will Sprint be getting any blackberries with wifi this year?

Owens:
    today sprint offers the BB tour which includes wifi.

Owens:
    hang on a minute i went a little fast, we are adding wifi to tour and will have other bb products that include wifi going forward

Question:
    Will Sprint be getting any touchscreen blackberries like the storm 2?

Owens:
    Not commenting on 2010 roadmap, but we'll have a robust BB line-up.
    Friggin sweet. I can't wait to cancel verizon.
    11-16-09 11:03 PM
23,186 ... 23456 ...