@ jhagan - Your running a Storm and your major concern is weather the Essex will come with texas hold'em???
    I would think you would be more concerned on how to get an early upgrade to a Storm2.
    11-06-09 07:15 PM
    i havent updated yet my storm died a second time so im using my tour
    11-06-09 08:39 PM
    i havent updated yet my storm died a second time so im using my tour
    Well if it does not you can always dl from App world.
    11-06-09 09:07 PM
    Well if it does not you can always dl from App world.
    then i have to pay lol
    11-06-09 10:32 PM
    @ jhagan - Your running a Storm and your major concern is weather the Essex will come with texas hold'em???
    I would think you would be more concerned on how to get an early upgrade to a Storm2.
    Any tips on how to do that?
    11-06-09 11:29 PM
    That's pretty sucky for the people that dont own the tour (or any blackberry at the moment), and want the Tour, but dont want something outdated in a month or two!

I'll post back tomorrow night after I find some info out!
    Isn't that kinda the rule with all technology? As soon as you buy it, its outdated for the next better model?

since the Tour is $49 now at VZW, i would say they're clearing out stock for a reason.
    What VZW site are you on? I just checked and its $149
    11-07-09 11:19 AM
    Isn't that kinda the rule with all technology? As soon as you buy it, its outdated for the next better model?

What VZW site are you on? I just checked and its $149
    it was a special by authorized resellers. go to Amazon.com, i can see it there. you can see other people talk about it, but for some reason, that's not the price on the VZW website. but i have seen ads for it at that price.
    11-07-09 01:54 PM
    I am debating whether to wait to see the Essex and HTC Passion, or go with the Droid. Any clues whether we'll hear something about the Essex before the end of the year, or Black Friday?
    11-07-09 02:54 PM
    I bet it will be in march
    11-07-09 09:48 PM
    Sal. Kevin. Get your sh*t together and get us some more news on the release date for the essex, dammit. You can't just start a rumor about an early release and then leave us hanging with nothing for two weeks.......

Seriously, though. Shake some of your VZW informants down and get us the info.
    11-07-09 10:40 PM
    Sal. Kevin. Get your sh*t together and get us some more news on the release date for the essex, dammit. You can't just start a rumor about an early release and then leave us hanging with nothing for two weeks.......

Seriously, though. Shake some of your VZW informants down and get us the info.
    I'm not sure how far you think that is going to get you. Kevin does an amazing job of letting us know what is going on as soon as he knows anything, cussing at him is not going to make him come up with a date any faster.
    11-07-09 11:49 PM
    I'm not sure how far you think that is going to get you. Kevin does an amazing job of letting us know what is going on as soon as he knows anything, cussing at him is not going to make him come up with a date any faster.
    Geez, lighten up. Apparently, my attempt at sarcasm was lost on those who have a deficiency in the sense of humor department.

Okay, for those of you who take life way too seriously, here is an unfunny translation of my earlier post:
    "Sal. Kevin. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. As you are fortunate enough to receive it, please relay additional information at your earliest convenience concerning any new developments about the future release of the Blackberry Essex (aka Tour2)."

Does that make you feel all happy and warm inside?
    11-08-09 09:21 AM
    True, but honestly, wouldnt you be mad if you go out today buy the tour. and shortly after the return policy has ended a new one comes out?

Verizon/RIM should just cut the BS and give a decent timeframe. That's all I want. Between now and december. I cant wait, it's either the Tour 2 or the Curve 2. I REALLY want the tour 2 though. Can only wait until late November/early December.

A Verizon corp guy I bumped into said I shouldnt except it before the holidays though, but did go into detail about the Curve 2. Got to play with a working droid from them, but I just want a BB.
    11-08-09 01:47 PM
    True, but honestly, wouldnt you be mad if you go out today buy the tour. and shortly after the return policy has ended a new one comes out?
    No. Honestly, you sound like a self entitled whiner.
    Last edited by darko m; 11-08-09 at 05:45 PM.
    11-08-09 05:39 PM
    I personally will hold on to my Tour and pass this up and wait for the CDMA Dakota
    11-08-09 05:42 PM
    No. Honestly, you sound like a self entitled whiner.
    How is that being whiner? Sorry I actually work hard for my money and don't want to fork over $100+ only to have it outdated next month and cant exchange it.
    11-08-09 06:30 PM
    I'm pretty sure that both Sprint and Verizon will want this out by the holiday season, but most likely it will be a bit later than that.
    11-08-09 06:38 PM
    I'm pretty sure that both Sprint and Verizon will want this out by the holiday season, but most likely it will be a bit later than that.
    I think Sprint will release it in the 1st Quarter of 2010 (just a hunch). I honestly don't see too many improvements with Essex that would make me clamor for an earlier date. Already have wifi with iPhone, and trackball is working now.
    11-08-09 09:02 PM
    Isn't sprint supposed to get the essex first? I thought I read that a few months (maybe in Sept) ago but I could be wrong. If true, how Much longer after that would Verizon release it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 01:39 AM
    I have the pearl (my first BB, love it but my its memory is no longer sufficient for my useage) but my upgrade isn't up till Feb so its not a big deal for me to wait. I have to wait no matter what anyways; just hope its out when it is time for me to upgrade. But I'm willing to wait if need be a little bit more if I have too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 01:53 AM
    Sure wish this thing was out soon; guess it is unlikely anytime this month?

Never have used a device with the track pad; better/easier than the trackball?
    11-09-09 06:31 AM
    Verizon is supposedly going to release 15 new smartphones between Nov 1 and the end of December. I'm thinking the Tour 2 will be one of them.
    11-09-09 07:04 AM
    Verizon is supposedly going to release 15 new smartphones between Nov 1 and the end of December. I'm thinking the Tour 2 will be one of them.
    You have anymore info on that?
    11-09-09 07:14 AM
    That statement has been in many press releases. Already out are Storm2, Droid, Eris, Curve2. I am not sure if they said Nov1 or Q4, in which case the Imagio and TP2 would also be included. So that would be 6 of 15.

I too am really hoping that Tour2 is one of these 15.
    11-09-09 07:33 AM
    i too hope it gets released soon too, i can't wait for this to come out!
    11-09-09 10:14 AM
23,186 1234 ...