Just last week I quit my driving job because I had another one. My former boss said he wasn't going to pay me what I earned because his insurance on the truck went up more than what I made. I never agreed or signed anything saying I would pay for his insurance or allow him to deduct anything from my checks. I live in texas. When I started talking bout lawyers he hung up the phone. I called him back and he said have them talk to his lawyers and it would 3 years before I got my money. All I want is what I earned which is fair. What can I do to maybe teach him a lesson so he doesn't try this on his future employees(in texas)??? Like can I get him for more than what's owed????
    Last edited by crobinson1007; 10-10-08 at 10:58 PM.
    10-10-08 10:54 PM
    Have you tried contacting your Labor Board there? I would think they would be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 11:00 PM
    I tried but the workforce center is closed. But bot having the money you count on that you made sucks. WOW what a low blow I'm glad I no longer work for someone like that!!!!!
    10-10-08 11:17 PM
    Where at in TX? Does this former employer do any kind of contract work with the government?

If you live in Dallas/Ft Worth area...seek out the Federal Labor Relations office in downtown Dallas next to the convention center. They have lawyers there and they might be able to help....but I am not sure. They may deal with more union stuff which this does not seem to be the case or you would have already started there.
    10-10-08 11:18 PM
    It was in victoria and I hauled gravel for him through another company. I guess you san almost call it contract labor
    10-10-08 11:24 PM
    Victoria is south of San Antonio right?

Like I said try the federal Labor Relations Office. There maybe one in SA or Houston.
    10-10-08 11:42 PM
    Maybe you should go back and try and talk to him about it, and if that doesn't work kick him square in the nuts!!!! Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

10-10-08 11:56 PM
    Maybe you should go back and try and talk to him about it, and if that doesn't work kick him square in the nuts!!!! Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I'm the Macho Man!!!!
    10-11-08 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD