• Obama

150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    kiss your 2nd amendment good bye!
    11-04-08 11:35 PM
    maof, we do not believe in a test to vote in America. Who would decide who can vote and who cannot? That would be UnAmerican.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 11:37 PM
    CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE...Democrats/Republicans/Independents alike. Barack Obama has been elected to make our nation as a whole, our lives; and the world as an entirety...better. The people have spoken. For those who did not vote for Obama; who are absolutely against him...he will create opportunities and an environment to make your lives better.

We have all witnessed history.

To those that are sounding apologetic now and making appeasement statements to retract their racist/biggot'tainted innuendos and words at face value...it's no use. Yes, there are many in this thread; MANY. You know who you are and I hope others recognize who you are..

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

11-04-08 11:40 PM
    maof, we do not believe in a test to vote in America. Who would decide who can vote and who cannot? That would be UnAmerican.

I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT. WHAT I AM SAYING IS I THINK IT IS A WRONG CHOICE TO VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED ON WHAT THE PERSON YOU ARE VOTING STANDS FOR, I BELIEVE THIS ELECTION MANY PEOPLE VOTED FOR THE WRONG REASONS .. I PERSONALY KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO VOTED YET KNEW NOTHING ABOUT EITHER OBAMA OR MCCAIN. VERY SAD .. I HOPE THAT THE CHANGE WE ARE HOPING FOR DOES COME AND I ALSO HOPE THAT THIS ELECTION WILL WAKE PEOPLE UP ON HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO PRACTICE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD.
    11-04-08 11:47 PM
    And maybe not yell at each other, , ahem.

11-04-08 11:52 PM
    I am truly amazed at all the people here saying what people have
    or have not done in terms of researching the candidates and the issues.

The people you all know are NOT in any way indicative of the
    general public. Just because you all know some stupid people
    does not mean that every new or young voter is. Give that BS a rest already.
    11-04-08 11:56 PM
    I'm going to miss the debate. Welber, that's what they said for Carter and Clinton, too. It's not going to happen. The Supremes made sure of that. And thank goodness the court's makeup won't become totally one sided as it would have if McCain had been elected.

11-04-08 11:57 PM
    I KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT. WHAT I AM SAYING IS I THINK IT IS A WRONG CHOICE TO VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED ON WHAT THE PERSON YOU ARE VOTING STANDS FOR, I BELIEVE THIS ELECTION MANY PEOPLE VOTED FOR THE WRONG REASONS .. I PERSONALY KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO VOTED YET KNEW NOTHING ABOUT EITHER OBAMA OR MCCAIN. VERY SAD ..
    First you say it's wrong to vote if you're not educated.....

I HOPE THAT THE CHANGE WE ARE HOPING FOR DOES COME AND I ALSO HOPE THAT THIS ELECTION WILL WAKE PEOPLE UP ON HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO PRACTICE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD.
    Then you say people should see how important it is to practice your right to vote.... No where in the constitution does it say that you have to know about, or for that fact even agree with, any of the issues that someone is running for... I was about 50-50 when i took the "quizzes" on the issues. That tells me that neither candidate can give me all that I want..... I still voted for Obama. Because I like him better than McCain. Am I wrong for doing that?

Edit: OH YEAH, AND WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS??????
    11-05-08 12:00 AM
    I'm going to miss the debate. Welber, that's what they said for Carter and Clinton, too. It's not going to happen. The Supremes made sure of that. And thank goodness the court's makeup won't become totally one sided as it would have if McCain had been elected.

weird, because it happened in new orleans, took everyone's weapons, and nobody did anything, i hope your right tho,
    11-05-08 12:02 AM
    Isn't Louisiana's Governor a Republican?

11-05-08 12:06 AM
    weird, because it happened in new orleans, took everyone's weapons, and nobody did anything, i hope your right tho,
    During the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. It was an exigent circumstance not
    a revocation of the Second Amendment. Facts and context are massively important.
    11-05-08 12:13 AM
    Isn't Louisiana's Governor a Republican?

yup! good point! like i said, i hope your right,
    11-05-08 12:15 AM
    During the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. It was an exigent circumstance not
    a revocation of the Second Amendment. Facts and context are massively important.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

that infringment happened!
    11-05-08 12:20 AM
    Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed
    What well regulated militia was impacted by this?

that infringment happened!
    Again, I can not make this any clearer, under exigent circumstances. Once
    that exigency abated ALL weapons were returned. Or would you have rathered
    all the Emergency Service agencies have to deal with weapon in the hands of
    people that had no right to possess them. With the amount of looting and
    theft in the aftermath there were so many weapons on the street that it made
    all kinds of sense (to the intelligent) to err on the side of regulation.

And don't get me wrong I am a gun owner (16) with a CCW who takes the
    2nd Amendment, as well as the rest of the Constitution seriously, I
    support what they did in Louisiana at that moment.
    11-05-08 12:32 AM
    First you say it's wrong to vote if you're not educated.....

Then you say people should see how important it is to practice your right to vote.... No where in the constitution does it say that you have to know about, or for that fact even agree with, any of the issues that someone is running for... I was about 50-50 when i took the "quizzes" on the issues. That tells me that neither candidate can give me all that I want..... I still voted for Obama. Because I like him better than McCain. Am I wrong for doing that?

Edit: OH YEAH, AND WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS??????
    FIRST OFF ALL I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS ...but just for you I will stop !!!
    Second I could care less who YOU voted for as long as you did your " home work " on the two.
    No it does not say any of the above in the constitution and if you think its okay that people vote based on age, race, and sex then fine but I do not !! can I change it ?? No !! Was just voicing my opinion.
    Oh and yes I think its great people practice there right to vote ! I just hope they are educated on the issues and where each candidate stands ..
    and I feel the same neither one gave me all that I wanted either .. I still voted on the one I believed was the better candidate for me.
    11-05-08 12:44 AM
    What well regulated militia was impacted by this?

Again, I can not make this any clearer, under exigent circumstances. Once
    that exigency abated ALL weapons were returned. Or would you have rathered
    all the Emergency Service agencies have to deal with weapon in the hands of
    people that had no right to possess them. With the amount of looting and
    theft in the aftermath there were so many weapons on the street that it made
    all kinds of sense (to the intelligent) to err on the side of regulation.

And don't get me wrong I am a gun owner (16) with a CCW who takes the
    2nd Amendment, as well as the rest of the Constitution seriously, I
    support what they did in Louisiana at that moment.

when the goverment or black water go in to homes, and illegaly take firearms from people that have every right to have them, that is infringment, YOU AND ME are suppose to be that militia that is suppose to up hold our rights, and stop the goverment from doing such things.

no weapons were returned, they wanted proof that they bought the weapons, how could they prove that if thier homes were destroyed? the NRA stepped in to try to get the weapons back to the owners, which is still a mess.
    11-05-08 12:49 AM
    Dude, you cannot be serious. First of all YOU AND ME are NOT the
    militia as YOU AND ME are NOT well regulated.

You have to stop reading Guns & Ammo and whatever the NRA
    supports and think for yourself. It is plain and simple, with the
    daunting task that Katrina presented in an already crime ridden
    city coupled with the fact that so many homes were abandoned
    with with weapons in place, for the sake of public safety the
    authorities did what was right and prudent.

And regardless of the posturing of the NRA (again I am a gun
    owner that will never support that bunch of money sucking
    propaganda spewing outfit) the state of LA DID in fact return
    weapons once the situation was under control. That is a fact.
    And no matter what William LaPierre says can't change that fact.
    Deal with it.
    11-05-08 01:08 AM
    Dude, you cannot be serious. First of all YOU AND ME are NOT the
    militia as YOU AND ME are NOT well regulated.

You have to stop reading Guns & Ammo and whatever the NRA
    supports and think for yourself. It is plain and simple, with the
    daunting task that Katrina presented in an already crime ridden
    city coupled with the fact that so many homes were abandoned
    with with weapons in place, for the sake of public safety the
    authorities did what was right and prudent.

And regardless of the posturing of the NRA (again I am a gun
    owner that will never support that bunch of money sucking
    propaganda spewing outfit) the state of LA DID in fact return
    weapons once the situation was under control. That is a fact.
    And no matter what William LaPierre says can't change that fact.
    Deal with it.

i do think for myself! NO FIREARMS were given back, THAT IS A FACT.

i love how you jump to conclusions, i never said i supported the nra, or that i read in to there propaganda, i simply stated the facts, take it how you will, the fact remains, they went in to homes that were not abandoned, and took those firearms!

serious, yes i am! just because you want to be a sheep, doesn't mean i will.

but what makes me wonder is, if they come to your house, and want your guns, what will you do? we both already know.......

i will end my conversation with you here, because apparently, if i don't agree with you, you get **** hurt, and start insulting people for not believing what you have to say.
    11-05-08 01:41 AM
    i do think for myself! NO FIREARMS were given back, THAT IS A FACT.
    Proof? I'll wait

i love how you jump to conclusions, i never said i supported the nra, or that i read in to there propaganda, i simply stated the facts, take it how you will, the fact remains, they went in to homes that were not abandoned, and took those firearms!
    Exigency and public safety. What do you not understand about those concepts

serious, yes i am! just because you want to be a sheep, doesn't mean i will.
    Hardly. Just clear thinking.

but what makes me wonder is, if they come to your house, and want your guns, what will you do? we both already know.......
    You THINK you know, but since you don't actually know me or how fierce I am
    about my rights and the Constitution all I can say is believe what you want.
    You will never have been more wrong about anything.

i will end my conversation with you here, because apparently, if i don't agree with you, you get **** hurt, and start insulting people for not believing what you have to say.
    My feelings are NOT hurt, nor did I insult you (regardless of how you took
    whatever I said). I would not insult a person I don't actually know.
    But as to ending this, fine with me as you have nothing to say
    worth discussing. I really don't enjoy debating talk radio, talking point
    spewing, pseudo intellectuals. Tata.
    11-05-08 04:10 AM
    do you realy think that the "bad guys" are going to hand over their guns? Oh here this is agnist the law to have I better give it up. Yeah right. This was proven in DC. No legal guns at all=highest crime in america. How about texas? You can carry your gun into wal-mart of pick off the guy raping your wife or stealing your car. Guess what..texas has the lowest crime rate. I wonder why? More regulations on guns won't solve anything, just going to make things worse

11-05-08 06:01 AM
    And I am alreay tired of hearing "The US has just elected an aferican-american president" is that all this election was based on? How nice.... BOHICA

11-05-08 06:06 AM
    It is not what the election was about joe, but it is an amazing thing considering our country's history. I wonder why you begrudge Afrivan Americans a little time to celebrate it. Do you really think that racism is dead? I'm a white guy, I know how some people think about minorities, are you one of them? I think it's wonderful that we have demonstrated that ANYone can grow up to be president of the United States.

11-05-08 06:22 AM
    Regardless of who you voted for, bury the hatchet. Yesterday was a great day to be an American, in fact, I've never in my life felt more proud to be an American. We stood up in record numbers, waited in astonishingly long lines, and we voted. More of us had a voice yesterday than we've ever had before. Arguing won't change a thing. We're a country obviously divided, and the only way we can move forward is to stand together as Americans; not as races, not as political parties, not as liberals or conservatives. We'll accomplish nothing as a culture of hate. The only way we can take back our country is to stand together.

Why are we attacking each other for our beliefs? We're entitled to our own thoughts, opinions and words. Have we forgotten what this country is about?

Stand together, people. Give the man a chance. He's full of hope. Wait and see if he's able to put it to good use. Stop making it a race issue, a party issue. Things will not get better overnight, nor would they have with a McCain president-elect.

Yesterday was democracy in action. Be proud to have been a part of it.

11-05-08 07:07 AM
    CX, you know I have the utmost respect for you my friend, but this is quite a
    leap of judgment. I suspect a lot of those new voters actually engaged,
    read policy, and formed opinions based on facts as they gathered.

I know a lot voted based on emotion but to paint the entire panoply of new
    voters with a broad brush is well wrong.
    The one reason your talking about is race obviously and I dont disagree with you. But I can guarantee millions of US citizens DID NOT vote for him for that very reason.

See Ken even Wortez sees my point. It CAN'T be ONLY ONE WAY. If millions didn't vote for him because of his race, it's ignorant and naive to think that argument doesn't cut both ways and millions didn't vote for him just because of his race. Especially considering the demographic of the new voters.
    Did I vote for Senator Obama? No. Was it because of his race? No. Me and a buddy from elementary school went to the pole yesterday and voted. He is black and a childhood friend. Now I now most citizens voted for Senator Obama simply because of President Bush and because they did not care for Senator McCain. But even my childhood friend of 25 years acknowledged that millions of his own race voted for Senator Obama simply because of his race. I'm in no way saying the world is going to sh it because we elected a black President. I'm saying it because millions voted out of spite not for the good of the country and for the fact Senator/President Elect Obama will be the most liberal President to have stepped foot in the Oval Office.
    I posted again, because I believe my comments were taken the wrong way. I hope this cleared it up because I'm done in here. Just didn't want you all to think something that isn't true. Thanks.
    11-05-08 07:33 AM
    Well i hope he can really do all the things he promised everyone. We will just have to wait and see. I hope i am totally wrong and everything is great !

Only time will tell. Lets move forward and turn this country around. Just think about we wont have to hear any negative add for a few more years! I think we all could use a little relief from that!
    11-05-08 08:35 AM
937 ... 35363738
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD