150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    What?! There's no Santa Claus?!
    10-09-08 03:49 PM
    JRSCCivic98

My thank you was seriously sarcastic. Sorry I was not more direct?

You did mention a few things that I would like to address. Religion is a man made concept you are correct. Chrisitianity is defined as being Christ like. You can have a false religion but no a false chrisitian.

If you want to believe in the Big Bang Theory that is your choice...I am not going to force any belief system on you. But I say this...how much greater is the feeling knowing that you/we were created for a specific and awsome purpose and not just some freak accident of science?

Faith is what this country was founded on. It is on our currency, it is why a prayer is said in our government institutions, and why it is in our schools. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. And it is something I chose to believe in. The Bible talks about immorality on many levels or unnatural practices. Sodom and Gomorah were wicked cities that were wiped off the face of the earth because of their unnatural practices and sin. God created us with free will, green or red pill. Eternal life or eternal death...it is our choice.

We are commanded to give back a tenth of our earrnings as a thank you for being given so much. Giving it to a church to help support the counciling, the administration, Pastor salary, and slew of other services that the Church provides is not wrong as long as that is what it s used for.

God loves us and tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves. That does not mean that we have to love the things that people do.

I am not constrained by race/religion/gender/sex or favorite sports team.

I intend to vote for the candidate who is best likely to lead this nation.
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 10-09-08 at 04:00 PM.
    10-09-08 03:49 PM
    i'll assume thats directed at me....lol....i certainly don't think obama is the perfect candidate, but he's the better choice in my opinion....that's all....but i'm not surprised once again that there's a post here that says basically nothing....just some facts every now and then would be nice
    10-09-08 03:51 PM
    HAHAHA yeah i threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.
    Mmm, tasty! GULP!!!

Like I've always said...never kiss a puker!

Sorry Blue....I couldn't pass that up!

Love ya!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 03:51 PM
    I don't think that's true Smokey. Most of the posts have a specific topic. I don't believe I have attacked anyone personally, I did give my friends Woody and Vinnie some cr*p, but they were dishing it out as well. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I am trying to change your mind. Isn't that the point of a debate?

But I am trying to change it with reason and not an attack. You have brought up some of the personal smears by McCain and his supporters, but that is all they have left. They do not have plans to improve our economy -- just the same old stuff that simply isn't working. Cut the rich's taxes and deregulate. We've been there and done that and it doesn't work. We're at the edge of a depression. The market is in a nose dive and shows no sign of improving. It ended today below 8000! The conservative idea bank is broke. We need something different.

I have been posting ideas and you guys on the other side are posting attacks. I know who Ayers is. I was in the service in those days. Barrack was on a committee in Chicago with Ayers. He has denounced Ayers time with the Weathermen. The fact remains that to be active in Chicago's Democratic party politics, one meets people like Ayers. I accept Obama's explanation, but that is after reading information about it from nonpartisan sources. Have you? (Truth)

My son is in High School and I don't think he and his friends have the same quality of a debate as we're having here. There are a lot of bright people here, including you. That's why I don't understand some of the things you say because you're too smart to say some of that stuff.

Let's get back to arguing facts and leave the personal stuff out of it. And, Woody, no one's saying McCain doesn't deserve our respect or admiration for his service to our country. I'm d*mn proud of him and absolutely know I wouldn't have held out as long as him had I been captured. I just don't think he is the one we need at this time for our president. He is unprepared to solve our problems -- in my opinion based on everything I have seen, heard and read.

10-09-08 04:23 PM
    JRSCCivic98

My thank you was seriously sarcastic. Sorry I was not more direct?
    So was my "You're Welcome". Perhaps I should have rolled my eyes instead of winked.

If you want to believe in the Big Bang Theory that is your choice...I am not going to force any belief system on you. But I say this...how much greater is the feeling knowing that you/we were created for a specific and awsome purpose and not just some freak accident of science?

Faith is what this country was founded on. It is on our currency, it is why a prayer is said in our government institutions, and why it is in our schools. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. And it is something I chose to believe in. The Bible talks about immorality on many levels or unnatural practices. Sodom and Gomorah were wicked cities that were wiped off the face of the earth because of their unnatural practices and sin. God created us with free will, green or red pill. Eternal life or eternal death...it is our choice.

We are commanded to give back a tenth of our earrnings as a thank you for being given so much. Giving it to a church to help support the counciling, the administration, Pastor salary, and slew of other services that the Church provides is not wrong as long as that is what it s used for.
    So let me get this straight, I should pay someone money to tell me what I should do with my life because it'll give me a better chance of going to Heaven? What happened to that free will to know what to do or right from wrong? Or perhaps, I should pay money (a man-made concept) to an omnipotent being who has no use for it as "thank you"? Wouldn't a better form of payment simply be to be the best that I could be and make the most out of my life in a moral and good way? Why does God need money? God doesn't need money, the church (man) commanded you to pay 10% to them, not God. If you believe in Jesus and his story, wouldn't the fact that he made things from nothing or change things to be other things to help people be more devine then the "money" that Judas got paid to betray him? Why is it wrong for Judas to get paid to backstab someone, but it's correct for the church to receive money for their services to you? Because you think one was used for bad and one for good? I don't think so, they both show the greed of man. Jesus didn't ask for money from his followers. Omnipotent beings don't need anything from you. They can do whatever they want with a single thought.

My point is this. If you think that we are the only ones in existance in the whole universe, that's kind of shallow in a way. Oh and the "But I say this...how much greater is the feeling knowing that you/we were created for a specific and awsome purpose" line can and has in the past been interpreted by doctors as someone being crazy, because it suggest grandiose delusions of one-self. I'm not saying I agree with this, but why it is ok for it to be so when it's linked to religion, but when it's not, someone is considered crazy? I dunno man, sounds too much like politics to me. It's ok one way, but not another, but really it depends on the situation at hand. All "man" made ideas.

Anyway, now we're way off subject. Darn it, I'm sorry to have turned this thread in a different direction, but I feel it's a good discussion anyway... it's off topic anyway, right? Discussions are good anyways, it helps develop the mind.
    10-09-08 04:54 PM
    Hey you guys! This is America, we like to keep our religion and politics separate. Well, except for those who believe we should be a theocracy.

10-09-08 05:49 PM
    There's a huge difference between religion (politics) and belief/spirituality (conviction)...we are all going to die (FACT) and what we think happens after that (BELIEF) none of us know for sure....too many people (HUMANS) think they know what God (GOD) has planned for them.

How na�ve.....

Does any one of you know FOR SURE that you will go to heaven???

10-09-08 08:40 PM
    Too variable for me. Too many different beliefs for me to figure out which is "more right" than another. I will rely on what I see our country needs and vote that way. My spiritual life is separate from my political beliefs except that I vote my conscience. That said, I strongly believe I have no right to force my religion on anyone.

10-09-08 09:10 PM
    Question: how come no one has mentioned Lebirtarianism (sp?)? I think this is the way I'm gonna vote now that I've done a little research.

10-09-08 09:59 PM
    Blue, their candidate is Bob Barr. What they stand for sounds good except government pays for almost nothing. I like they way they will end the war on drugs and will protect our personal liberties. But there won't be any help for the less fortunate. There won't be anyone there to rein in the wall street bums who have gotten us into this mess, they will be free t do even more damage. Libertarian ideas sound good on paper, but the world will be a much uglier place to live in. In my opinion.

10-10-08 12:45 AM
    Since we are talking about politics I figured I would pass this on. It came from a friend I know. It seems to be making it's way around the internet. I have just been shocked by the way so many people are uninformed about Obama. After I did read this I went and looked into this. I do not feel either candidate that is running for President is the answer but after this and a great deal of other things I have found about both candidates, McCain is the better of 2 evils.

"To All My Friends, this is long, but every important, please take the time to read it. This election has me very worried. So many things to consider.

About a year ago I would have voted for Obama. I have changed my mind three times since than. I watch all the news channels, jumping from one to another. I must say this drives my husband crazy. But, I feel if you view MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News, you might get some middle ground to work with.

About six months ago, I started thinking 'where did the money come from for Obama'. I have four daughters who went to College, and we were middle class, and money was tight. We (including my girls) worked hard and there were lots of student loans. I started looking into Obama's life.

Around 1979 Obama started college at Occidental in California . He is very open about his two years at Occidental, he tried all kinds of drugs and was wasting his time but, even though he had a brilliant mind, did not apply himself to his studies. 'Barry' (that was the name he used all his life) during this time had two roommates, Muhammad Hasan Chandoo and Wahid Hamid, both from Pakistan .

During the summer of 1981, after his second year in college, he made a 'round the world' trip. Stopping to see his mother in Indonesia , next Hyderabad in India , three weeks in Karachi , Pakistan where he stayed with his roommate's family, then off to Africa to visit his father's family.

My question - Where did he get the money for this trip? Neither I, nor any one of my children would have had money for a trip like this when they were in college. When he came back he started school at Columbia University in New York . It is at this time he wants everyone to call him Barack - not Barry. Do you know what the tuition is at Columbia ? It's not cheap! to say the l east.& nbsp; Where did he get money for tuition? Student Loans? Maybe.

After Columbia , he went to Chicago to work as a Community Organizer for $12,000. a year. Why Chicago ? Why not New York ? He was already living in New York . By 'chance' he met Antoin 'Tony' Rezko, born in Aleppo Syria , and a real estate developer in Chicago . Rezko has been convicted of fraud and bribery this year. Rezko, was named 'Entrepreneur of the Decade' by the Arab-American Business and Professional Association'.

About two years later, Obama entered Harvard Law School . Do you have any idea what tuition is for Harvard Law School ? Where did he get the money for Law School ? More student loans?

After Law school, he went back to Chicago . Rezko offered him a job, which he turned down. But, he did take a job with Davis, Miner, Barnhill &
    Galland. Guess what? They represented 'Rezar' which Rezko's firm. Rezko was one of Obama's first major financial contributors when he ran for office in Chicago .

In 2003, Rezko threw an early fundraiser for Obama which Chicago Tribune reporter David Mendelland claims was instrumental in providing Obama with 'seed money' for his U.S. Senate race. In 2005, Obama purchased a new home in Kenwoood District of Chicago for $1.65 million (less than asking price).

With ALL those Student Loans - Where did he get the money for the property? On the same day Rezko's wife, Rita, purchased the adjoining empty lot
    for full price. The London Times reported that Nadhmi Auchi, an Iraqi-born Billionaire loaned Rezko $3.5 million three weeks before Obama's new home was purchased. Obama met Nadhmi Auchi many times with Rezko. Now, we have Obama running for President.

Valerie Jarrett, was Michele Obama's boss. She is now Obama's chief advisor and he does not make any major decisions without talking to her
    first. Where was Jarrett born? Ready for this? Shiraz , Iran ! Do we see a pattern here? Or am I going crazy?

On May 10, 2008 The Times reported, Robert Malley advisor to Obama was 'sacked' after the press found out he was having regular contacts with 'Hamas', which controls Gaza and is connected with Iran . This past week, buried in the back part of the papers, Iraqi newspapers reported that during Obama's visit to Iraq, he asked their leaders to do nothing about the war until after he is elected, and he will 'Take care of things'.

Oh, and by the way, remember the college roommates that where born in Pakistan ? They are in charge of all those 'small' Internet campaign contribution for Obama. Where is that money coming from? The poor and middle class in this country? Or could it be from the Middle East ?

And the final bit of news. On September 7, 2008, The Washington Times posted a verbal slip that was made on 'This Week' with George Stephanapoulos. Obama on talking about his religion said, 'My Muslim faith'. When questioned, 'he make a mistake'. Some mistake!

All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008.

Now the BIG question - If I found out all this information on my own, Why haven't all of our 'intelligent' members of the press been reporting this? A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear - 'Beware of the enemy from within'!!!"
    10-10-08 01:02 AM
    All of the above information I got on line. If you would like to check it - Wikipedia, encyclopedia, Barack Obama; Tony Rezko; Valerie Jarrett: Daily Times - Obama visited Pakistan in 1981; The Washington Times - September 7, 2008; The Times May 10, 2008."

You cited Wikipedia as a source, really? Based on that fact, as an undecided voter, I can't place my valid stamp on your posts.
    10-10-08 01:12 AM
    The lady who wrote it reported it as a source. It is a reliable source. I have found things on both candidates on there.
    10-10-08 01:16 AM
    [all the stuff you just posted... cuz it was too much to quote ]
    So basically you're saying if he becomes President, we're all going to get converted to Muslims or have daggers thrusted into our infadel hearts? Give me a break! Wait, perhaps Nostradamus was right! Whatever dude, bring on the lamb-kabobs, I like lamb.

Seriously, I could care less if he worships the devil and aliens funded his life, if he can do the job correctly and turn this country around, more power to him. I really wish Americans would stop being such scared little girls. And you wonder why nobody likes us... cuz we're all stupid.
    10-10-08 01:42 AM
    Wait, I take it all back. I was completely wrong! Don't vote for Obama... he's a Manchurian Candidate.
    10-10-08 01:46 AM
    It is amazing to me what people will believe. Rumors and inuendo passed off as fact. Now can we return to real issues and ignore the... Wait. If I say it, I will be no better. All of these things have been investigated to no end. How about I start a thread on Wikapedia that says McCain was brainwased by the North Vietnamese and site unnamed sources? And then talk about how his spy handlers talk to him everytime he goes to Europe. Anyone can start a lie campaign.

Then we can mention the truth and talk about how he had multiple affairs while married to a woman who waited for him while he was in prison. Talk about character! What kind of man dumps a handicapped wife for a rich heiress? That must be John McCain. Oh, no fair huh. Bringing up the past and how could we possibly know what happened then or judge him now? Exactly. Please take the lies and put them back under the slimey rock. Then we can get back to the issues.

10-10-08 06:39 AM
    i love how the article goes from 1981 to 1983 (never cites a single monetary value) and then POOOOF!!! it 2003...get a grip...it's propaganda, know what you're reading...you can find the same sort of thing written about any politician...
    10-10-08 07:41 AM
    I'm a republican, so the McCain/Palin ticket is getting my vote.

Personally, I'm thinking on handwriting in Gumby or Jack Bauer (TV's hero from 24) for President when I vote next month.
    10-10-08 09:27 AM
    I think I'm going to write in Kevin Klein for President- He did a great job in that movie "Dave"
    10-10-08 10:08 AM
    How about Robin Williams in Man of the Year!

His press conferences would be side splitting on purpose....not like Bush's which are unintentional!!!
    10-10-08 10:14 AM
    How about Robin Williams in Man of the Year!

His press conferences would be side splitting on purpose....not like Bush's which are unintentional!!!
    lol, finally something we agree on.
    10-10-08 10:57 AM
    Blue, their candidate is Bob Barr. What they stand for sounds good except government pays for almost nothing. I like they way they will end the war on drugs and will protect our personal liberties. But there won't be any help for the less fortunate. There won't be anyone there to rein in the wall street bums who have gotten us into this mess, they will be free t do even more damage. Libertarian ideas sound good on paper, but the world will be a much uglier place to live in. In my opinion.

Thanks Exelant! I appreciate your response Thank you!!!
    10-10-08 12:29 PM
    Yes...these are all the qualities that we should look for in a President. Who really cares about his policy
    i second your post. anyone who bases their vote on these characteristics is a moron.
    10-10-08 12:33 PM
    everyone on here's reason for voting for obama is because "he communicates better to the public". it's like no one has any idea about each candidate's policies.
    10-10-08 12:37 PM
937 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD