Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    Excellent for exelant. Couldn't have said it better myself. Obama simply looks and acts like he's ready for business. What I like the most about the debate the other night is that he has a clear view of what he wants to do and how he's going to do it. He's not going to pull a Bush and get swarn in, hang out in the White House for a while, play some golf, then finally come out for a quick hello and thanks speech, but not really do anything or show up in the press too much until something blows up... literally. We need someone in the White House that's there to work, not hang out and slack off. The country and world need to run well and reliably before you can go out and play a round of golf my friend.
    10-08-08 11:30 PM
    here's the big reason mccain doesnt get it (especially on the health care issue) - he's always been in a situation where health care was given to him, so he has no idea what it's like to not have that pillow of comfort...his family was always in the navy (that's some of the best and most complete health coverage you can find), his wife is worth MILLIONS so who cares if they have insurance or not they just write a check and it's like it never happened....obama on the other hand truly did grow up middle class (much like clinton did) so there's an understanding there that just doesnt exist on the other ticket
    10-09-08 07:24 AM
    So what about all of the reports and allegations of Obama's terrorists ties? Or how about his Muslim background?
    10-09-08 07:25 AM
    He has NO Muslim background. Who are these terrorist you refer to?
    10-09-08 08:21 AM
    here's the big reason mccain doesnt get it (especially on the health care issue) - he's always been in a situation where health care was given to him, so he has no idea what it's like to not have that pillow of comfort...
    Except for the 5 years he spent as a POW in Viet Nam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 08:27 AM
    I think you've nailed it this time, Def. This thread has really caused me to focus and put into words the reasons I support Obama. It isn't just being a Democrat -- I have voted for Republicans, and the quality of your arguments force me to try to be a little smarter, lol. But something about the candidates has been nagging at me and you have jogged it to the surface; Obama is the most prepared to be president! And if one is honest, it was obvious during the debate.

John McCain is an honorable man, but it seems he does not have any plans for the problems that face us with the exception of dealing with the Russians. Too often it seemed as if he was saying, "Oh yeah, buster, well I'm gonna," it seemed contrived and a reaction to what Barrack was saying. Nothing original, and no solutions, it is like the economy doesn't matter to him. It is like he doesn't understand that $5000 isn't enough to buy health insurance for a family of three, or that it's closer to $12,000 and that most people can't afford that much.

It is becoming obvious that Obama is more prepared and I believe he is simply smarter. He has thought about the issues and is prepared to start work from day one. McCain has decided to start personal attacks because he can't keep up with Barrack's ideas and plans. I am not attacking McCain for his intelligence. I know he is very bright -- one doesn't make it through any Service Academy if you aren't, but he doesn't have fresh ideas.

John seems stuck in the last century. He is not interested in domestic policy so he doesn't plan for those problems. He isn't interested in equal trade between us and those with high tariffs, so he doesn't plan for those problems. He can't get the connection between good jobs leaving the country and lower wages, so he has no plans for that either.

Clearly we need someone prepared to deal with many different types of problems, not just those that interests him. It is time for someone who has more than one side.

The thing about McCain is that he cannot reconcile "country first" with his desire to be President. He wants to be President, but does not want to want to be President. When he made statements over the summer about Obama's ambition to be President, it showed that he didn't understand that some would actually want to want to be President. I think he always felt that by stating his bona fides and that he always put his country before his personal, that people would just vote for him on that basis.

As a consequence, the cannot really address the problems that face the middle class. All he can do is say that he will clean up Washington, that we will win the wars, that he will clean up Wall Street, etc. He reminds me of one of what one of candidates in one of the presidential elections in the late 19th century said when asked question regarding a specific policy or issue (paraphrasing here): "It would be unseemly for me to state specific positions during a campaign. When elected, I will be able to address the issue in an appropriate manner."
    10-09-08 08:46 AM
    He has NO Muslim background. Who are these terrorist you refer to?
    "What's in a name?"

Did he not attend some muslim school?

Domestic terrorists...Mr. Ayers. What about the church he was a member of with the radical preacher.
    10-09-08 08:51 AM
    Def. Obama

10-09-08 09:00 AM
    So what about all of the reports and allegations of Obama's terrorists ties? Or how about his Muslim background?
    I think your scared little **** got brainwashed by Bush. What do you think will happen? He'll get swarn into office and then blow up the White House? You think he's just enslave everyone in the country and let terrorists past the borders to kill everyone? WTF is wrong with you? Perhaps you think he's the Muslim background boy that Nostradamus predicted will bring the end of the world? Give me a break man!

Oh and let's not forget how "in-bed" the Bush family is with Middle-Eastern parties.

I think you need to take the wool off your eyes now. Ever since Bush and his 911 fiasco this country has gotten fracked up big time. Some of you people have been seriously brainwashed by the current administration. But hey, blame it on the terrorists. I'll see ya at the Circle K while I buy some gas and a honeybun from Akhmed the terrorist that runs the store. Do me a favor and just don't vote this time around!
    10-09-08 09:57 AM
    I think your scared little **** got brainwashed by Bush. What do you think will happen? He'll get swarn into office and then blow up the White House? You think he's just enslave everyone in the country and let terrorists past the borders to kill everyone? WTF is wrong with you? Perhaps you think he's the Muslim background boy that Nostradamus predicted will bring the end of the world? Give me a break man!

Oh and let's not forget how "in-bed" the Bush family is with Middle-Eastern parties.

I think you need to take the wool off your eyes now. Ever since Bush and his 911 fiasco this country has gotten fracked up big time. Some of you people have been seriously brainwashed by the current administration. But hey, blame it on the terrorists. I'll see ya at the Circle K while I buy some gas and a honeybun from Akhmed the terrorist that runs the store. Do me a favor and just don't vote this time around!

Ummm...thanks for the attack there JRSCCivic98 I really appreciate it. Before I get to the meat of your post let just say that my voting or non-voting is not a favor to you, so don't get it twisted! Because I am not a convicted felony I still have the right to vote and I will exercise that right whether I vote for the old white guy or the black guy with the Muslim name!

I make it a point to not follow self proclaimed seers of the future or those who claim to know when the world is going to end. The Bible says that no one knows when the final trumpet will sound and I tend to belive what the Bible says.

It is apparent that a few people on this forum...in this thread, have a lot of knowledge about a great many things and I was looking for some intelligent person to shed some light or discredit what has been just thrown out there in publication or by the media! The internet allows people to put anything out there truth or untruth and virtually go unchecked, case in point Wikipedia.

I have typically voted republican...I am not republican. I hate politics as a whole because I have yet to meet or see one politican that has not lied after taking office. I fancy myself as a voter for the lesser of the 2 evils!

Under Reagan's watch Ollie North sold weapons to Iran. Do I think Obama is going to open the gates for terrorists I highly doubt it. Do I think he will blow up the White House...no, not unless one of the chef's leaves an unlit stove burner on and decides to use a chef's torch to carmelize a dessert of some kind.

I do know that the current administration has not done the job. I do know that McCain's plans seem iffy, I do know that Obama is not as well known, but most of all I know that it is hard to get straight answers from either side!

Did Obama vote against something 94 times or just 70. Does the number of times voted against more important than the fact the he voted against it period?

I understand this election is probably the most important one in many years,
    and I just want to make sure I place my vote (still my right) for the correct one!
    10-09-08 10:45 AM
    "What's in a name?"

Did he not attend some muslim school?

Domestic terrorists...Mr. Ayers. What about the church he was a member of with the radical preacher.
    Many are burdened with bad middle names. Mines Nathaniel, what's yours.

He attended a public school when he lived in Indonesia.

They used to be called radicals. They're called terrorist now, for emotional oomf. In reality they are just plain criminals. Because of his brief association with Mr. Ayers, do you think Obama plans to set of bombs in the US, or advocate overthrow of the government?

Obama - Wright = McCain - Hagee and Parsley.
    10-09-08 11:43 AM
    AMEN jedi!!! And to JRCCivic...DO NOT EVER tell someone not to vote just because you think you are better than them based on their own view! Who in the H**L do you think you are?

10-09-08 11:46 AM
    I am so wishing i Could VOTE Mccain off the ticket. I wish Romney was in there or Fred Thompson. I love Palin to bad she is With Mccain on the ticket....

I am a very frustrated REP!
    10-09-08 12:20 PM
    As I agree with the following statement I will not take credit for it...

"All the 'reports' and 'allegations'. Do you/we not consider ourselves sane adults?
    Do you remember when we were little children; we thought aesop's tales and
    other fables were the truth. Yet as we became older; we found out that
    there is no easter bunny, there is no santa claus, there is no such thing as the
    tooth fairy...however; mermaids DO exist :-).

Barack Obama is running for the President of the United States...each candidate has gone through a rigorous and thorough baptizing and vetting process. Each and every stone has been turned over, dusted off, analyzed, tested and re-tested. Each candidate has passed their litmus test to be seen as competent to be the next President of the United States..a long time ago. This is the point I've repeatedly hit on in this thread...if any person hears something (whether positive or negative) about either of the candidates and/or their running mate; don't just take it at face value...do some educated research on your own. After doing so; if one still feels what they've heard is true..well then that's between you and your ballot.

And for the sake of discussion; whether someone is a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist; etc...look at the individual/the religion/the adherents as a whole...not just the actions of a few who bring negativity to a faith. Would it be fair if non-Christians looked at the acts of Timothy McVeigh and Nichols in the Oklahoma City bombing; and say that all Christians are fundamental terrorists? Would it be fair if non-Jews looked at the acts of the
    Israeli army bulldozing settlements and killing scores of innocent civilians in order to find the very few that actually are evil-doers...as saying that all Jews are terrorists and evil? No.

The media can often times be an evil leech that knows how to work the mind of the human psyche...the bulk of news about violence around the world is centered on Muslims; because those are the adherents of a religion that the news feels as 'news-worthy' now. When in actuality there are countless conflicts and acts of bloodshed around many other parts of the world; involving Christian on Christian violence, Christian on non-Christian violence, Muslim on Muslim violence, Muslim on non-Muslim violence, Jews on Christian violence, Jews on Muslim violence, Hindus on Muslim violence, Muslim on Hindu violence, Hindus and Christians on Buddhist violence, etc. The list and mix of particpants in violence can have just as many combinations of flavor than your local Baskin-Robbins.

Just as we all should; educate yourself Jedi, but do so with an open-mind. Do not let unwarranted fear and fear tactics steer you into how others want you to think; because they don't want you to think for yourself...this in in of itself is the worst injustice to yourself as your own person and as a human being living amongst other humans on this grand planet."
    Last edited by Blue_Snowflakes; 10-09-08 at 01:32 PM.
    10-09-08 01:27 PM
    As I agree with the following statement I will not take credit for it...

"All the 'reports' and 'allegations'. Do you/we not consider ourselves sane adults?
    Do you remember when we were little children; we thought aesop's tales and
    other fables were the truth. Yet as we became older; we found out that
    there is no easter bunny, there is no santa claus, there is no such thing as the
    tooth fairy...however; mermaids DO exist :-).

Barack Obama is running for the President of the United States...each candidate has gone through a rigorous and thorough baptizing and vetting process. Each and every stone has been turned over, dusted off, analyzed, tested and re-tested. Each candidate has passed their litmus test to be seen as competent to be the next President of the United States..a long time ago. This is the point I've repeatedly hit on in this thread...if any person hears something (whether positive or negative) about either of the candidates and/or their running mate; don't just take it at face value...do some educated research on your own. After doing so; if one still feels what they've heard is true..well then that's between you and your ballot.

And for the sake of discussion; whether someone is a Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist; etc...look at the individual/the religion/the adherents as a whole...not just the actions of a few who bring negativity to a faith. Would it be fair if non-Christians looked at the acts of Timothy McVeigh and Nichols in the Oklahoma City bombing; and say that all Christians are fundamental terrorists? Would it be fair if non-Jews looked at the acts of the
    Israeli army bulldozing settlements and killing scores of innocent civilians in order to find the very few that actually are evil-doers...as saying that all Jews are terrorists and evil? No.

The media can often times be an evil leech that knows how to work the mind of the human psyche...the bulk of news about violence around the world is centered on Muslims; because those are the adherents of a religion that the news feels as 'news-worthy' now. When in actuality there are countless conflicts and acts of bloodshed around many other parts of the world; involving Christian on Christian violence, Christian on non-Christian violence, Muslim on Muslim violence, Muslim on non-Muslim violence, Jews on Christian violence, Jews on Muslim violence, Hindus on Muslim violence, Muslim on Hindu violence, Hindus and Christians on Buddhist violence, etc. The list and mix of particpants in violence can have just as many combinations of flavor than your local Baskin-Robbins.

Just as we all should; educate yourself Jedi, but do so with an open-mind. Do not let unwarranted fear and fear tactics steer you into how others want you to think; because they don't want you to think for yourself...this in in of itself is the worst injustice to yourself as your own person and as a human being living amongst other humans on this grand planet."
    I am so not going to disect every bit of what you had your P/R person post for you, I suddenly developed a headache.

I thought my previous post were that of an undecided voter who has no ties to either party! I vote for whom I think has the best plan lead and help our great nation! Red, Blue, White, or Black means nothing to me! I am a very open minded person and I have no problems being the stick in the mud.

Just looking for some more insight.....thanks!
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 10-09-08 at 01:56 PM.
    10-09-08 01:52 PM
    Ummm...thanks for the attack there JRSCCivic98 I really appreciate it. Before I get to the meat of your post let just say that my voting or non-voting is not a favor to you, so don't get it twisted! Because I am not a convicted felony I still have the right to vote and I will exercise that right whether I vote for the old white guy or the black guy with the Muslim name!
    You're welcome.

In the end I just want to make sure you're not voting for the wrong person because of your own personal feelings of race or religion. I for one believe that the two worse concepts the human mind could have drawn up was money and religion. You can fault me for this and call me names, but you can't blindly state that the world hasn't had more wars (if not all) faught because of one or the other. People get so hung up on petty superficial stuff that it amazes me how they can complain later when things aren't going right with the world.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone being religious, but I don't think ANYONE should have the right to try and force their beliefs or viewpoints on others either through force or mallice, be it verbal or physical. If you want to believe stuff fine, but don't turn a blind eye to real aspects of such important things as world leadership based on religion or skin color. I wish more humans would just realize that we're all "humans" as a race and just work together to improve the world for frack sake. I think however there's a few more hundred years to pass before that happens unfortunately.

Vote for who you want, but consider leaving the race/religion card in your pocket if you want to improve things. And don't even get me started on Palin's "I can be tollarant of gays" lines. WTF, you're going to fault someone's humanity because it says it's wrong in a book... a book which was written by man? I believe that if a God invented everything we have and invented us, that a God should not impose rules that would cause us to draw lines against ourselves and draw us to hatetred of others. Why would an omnipotent being create a world or universe where it would lead certain individuals to the belief that it's ok to do harm to others who don't belive in what you believe? What would an omnipotent being who can do anything they wish need money to be given to churches run by individuals who supposedly serve that being? It's a business... dreamed up by man, not God or whatever else you want to call your omnipotent being you believe in.

But hey, that's a different thread, this is about the election. So vote for the candidate that is ready to do business both physically and mentally, you can't go wrong with that... since current society is based on an economical business model, logic dictates that you should focus on picking an individual based on that ability rather then other petty ideals.

And to JRCCivic...DO NOT EVER tell someone not to vote just because you think you are better than them based on their own view! Who in the H**L do you think you are?

Tee hee. You obviously don't know me too well. I think a lot of you need to develop a more open mind.
    10-09-08 02:35 PM
    Just as we all should; educate yourself, but do so with an open-mind. Do not let unwarranted fear and fear tactics steer you into how others want you to think; because they don't want you to think for yourself...this in in of itself is the worst injustice to yourself as your own person and as a human being living amongst other humans on this grand planet.
    Damn, that should be the planet's slogan/motto. This should be the Primary Directive instilled into all humans born on this planet. I'd say Amen, but that would throw religion into the mix , so I'll just say... YEAH! :thumbsup:
    10-09-08 02:46 PM
    did someone say they "love" palin? as a polititian? that's impressive...
    10-09-08 03:00 PM
    did someone say they "love" palin? as a polititian? that's impressive...
    HAHAHA yeah i threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.
    10-09-08 03:06 PM
    i'll say this...i was huge mccain fan, right up until he started this run for president...in 2000 had he won the nomination he would have had my vote, but the man just seems so out of touch right now it makes me uncomfortable listening to him...now i was worried about mccain's choice for vp when it first happened because i though it might have been semi-brilliant...the more she talks though the more you realize the only votes she's securing is the republican base...the republican base was never in question once obama had the nomination...i have not spoke (im not saying they're not out there though) to one woman who likes palin...my girlfriend sat next to me on the couch and watched the debate and was horrified at palin's representation as a woman polititian - and that is what sealed her vote for obama
    10-09-08 03:16 PM
    Her debate performance, and the Couric interviews reminds me of the saying that if you locked a 1,000 monkeys in a room with typewriters, eventually one of them will type out the complete works of William Shakespeare. She like one of them who didn't do it. Just strings of words that occasionally come out in some order that makes sense.

And no I am not comparing her to a monkey.
    10-09-08 03:26 PM
    for someone to accept that kind of nomination (VP of the United States) i would certainly expect for from her...mccain says it himself "there's no time for "on the job training" in the white house"...okay great - then why chose palin?
    10-09-08 03:30 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that this thread is just like high school. You have a group of people who think their way of life or their oponion is the only right one. Everyone else is below them. But that's ok because otherwise this world would be realy boring. My opinions are mine and nobody elses.

10-09-08 03:38 PM
    lol...this is a discussion thread my friend, im not trying to change anyone's vote, i actually enjoying seeing all the differing of opinions...people shouldnt get involved in a debate/discussion if they have thin skine...just my two cents...
    10-09-08 03:42 PM
    Lemme see...no santa, no easter bunny and you think obama is the tooth fairy???

10-09-08 03:47 PM
937 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD