150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    Spoken like a true genius

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 02:06 AM
    Watch the news lately? Our Democratic Senate rejected the $700 billion bailout, yet accepted an $850 billion bailout! Once again, to the Democrats....
    10-03-08 10:06 PM
    I never said anything about the bailout. Let the speculators and those living beyond their means suffer the consequences -- as always. But when you bring up the new deal, you my friend are wrong. The government bailed out the innocent people who lost their jobs because of the margin speculator. The communists were making inroads in America and Roosevelt brought us back.

Sure there were many reasons for the crash and the recovery, but the misery inflicted on ordinary people was terrible, and in cases like that the government is the only orgainization with the resources to provide relief. The creation of the FDIC went far to prevent another situation where people ran on banks. And Social Security ensured a modest retirement so people didn't have to work until they dropped dead.

Let's have free markets, but make sure they are free. If Communist China has a 20 to 40 percent tariff on goods, let's return the favor. We have got to stop giving tax relief to companies who move prodution offshore. The means of production has got to come back to America. The service industry can not support our nation. According to everything I've read, most of the non-performing loans written that led to the current mess were made in the last six years.

You might want to blame the evil Democrats for all our problems, but as I've pointed out before in this thread, Republicans have held the White House for 38 of the last 50 years. When are you Republican geniuses going take responsibilty for your actions? You can dish blame out, but you sure run from it -- even when it IS your fault.

10-03-08 10:12 PM
    For the first time I'll say this; I wish I was American to vote for Obama; the world needs a leader like him, he's just right for what is happening right now; moreover he is right for your country; America!

The U.S has become more and more diversified over the years with many different languages, religions, cultures and so on; The American people need Obama to lead rather than McCain and this sidekick whom I'd rather not mention her name as she's a bimbo!
    10-04-08 02:12 AM
    I've heard some friends, even my mother, say that they think Obama will be assassinated once elected.
    It's 2008 nearly 2009 and in another year we'll be in 2010; the majority of the world has moved forward. And I consider the US being a leader in many aspects in the world.

Racism and prejudicism has matured, or at least I'd like to believe so. For me it's absolutely unacceptable to hate or judge someone for how they look rather than who they are.

If the above scenario were to happen (God forbid) I think one should evaluate the direction of "his/her country" internally or pick up a book and read because the Government does not control - you control the Government otherwise you are just another fish in the pond.
    10-04-08 02:23 AM
    It's 2008 nearly 2009 and in another year we'll be in 2010; the majority of the world has moved forward. And I consider the US being a leader in many aspects in the world.

Racism and prejudicism has matured, or at least I'd like to believe so. For me it's absolutely unacceptable to hate or judge someone for how they look rather than who they are.

If the above scenario were to happen (God forbid) I think one should evaluate the direction of "his/her country" internally or pick up a book and read because the Government does not control - you control the Government otherwise you are just another fish in the pond.
    Well, I hate to break it to you, but racism does still exist in this country, very much so. And it's not just whites vs blacks. There's racism from blacks to whites, blacks to blacks, whites to whites, whites to mexicans, etc. Get into the deep south and people fly confederate flags, its actually not all that uncommon to see. I lived in Columbus, Ohio for 14 years, in a nice suburb, and the people who lived behind us flew the following flags in the following order, from top to bottom: American Flag, Confederate flag, POW/MIA Flag.

And with your comment about reading... Sarah Palin plans on banning certain books. So how's that for the government controlling us? Actually banning literature, part of the culture. In the grand scheme of things, we are just fish in the pond.
    10-04-08 11:38 AM
    The Confederate Flag representing racism or slavery is an idealism that has been propagated within the past 10-15 years, fed by the US media and special interest groups...and it's sad!

People (unless maybe the Klan) don't design a flag...over a century ago...to say "Hey let's buy and sell negros to exploit them?" and this will symbolize for generations to come to follow in our footsteps....WRONG!

It was designed to "represent a CONFEDERATED UNION" (very much like todays "state" flags) when this country was experiencing SERIOUS growing pains. In those days there were MANY things that, today, would NOT be tolerated....one of them being slavery.

And Blue I agree with you on your description of modern racism.....it white on white, black on black, punk on punk....and right here in this thread.

American vs. American...and IMO that's the worst part. We're tearing our OWN guts out with this trivial bickering about who's best at what...when the real answer is THEY ALL SUCK!!!

We've allowed the "gubmint" too much control and we are being steamrolled.....not too much different from the loading docks in Africa about 175 years ago.

And it not getting ANY better!

10-04-08 06:57 PM
    I think the control we've given the government over our personal lives is frightening, and we have reduced government control where we need it - keeping an eye on those who've put us in our current financial mess. Those with the money to buy lobbyists are running our country. Perhaps it is time to use our form of term limits, find out who votes to pass the bills we don't like and vote them out.

10-04-08 11:00 PM
    W00dy,

In the midst of all that jibber jabber I couldn't figure out what you were trying to say. But I do have this to say: have you ever looked at the demographic of people who fly the confederate flag? I'm not trying to be stereotypical when I say this, but I've never met someone who flew the confederate flag who wasn't racist. I'm not saying all people who fly that flag are racists; don't twist what I'm saying. I'm just saying, I personally have never met one who wasn't racist.

And Exelant,

I always love reading what you have to say and couldn't agree more.

10-05-08 01:41 AM
    Palin's cluelessness (and extremely fundamentalist beliefs) scare the bejeezus out of me. Anyone else think her eyes look like the 'children of the corn?' I am in complete agreement on her abuse of the word MAVERICK. Can't wait for a real scandal to unfold. What happened to the story about her having an affair with hubby's former partner??? McCain really seems to have lost his wits -- and any previous sense of humor with the media these days.

10-05-08 04:03 PM
    Palin's cluelessness (and extremely fundamentalist beliefs) scare the bejeezus out of me. Anyone else think her eyes look like the 'children of the corn?' I am in complete agreement on her abuse of the word MAVERICK. Can't wait for a real scandal to unfold. What happened to the story about her having an affair with hubby's former partner??? McCain really seems to have lost his wits -- and any previous sense of humor with the media these days.

So so so so so true!!!

10-05-08 04:14 PM
    man i havent checked in this thread in a while...
    10-05-08 04:39 PM
    It's still going MrLee! I had to go help people for a few days so I could earn my genius post count rating! I made it today!

10-05-08 08:11 PM
    Congratulations, exelant! . Genius....that's awesome!

10-05-08 08:58 PM
    Thanks Cain. If anyone needs help figuring anything out with their BlackBerrys, pm me. I've learned a few things about them.

10-06-08 03:48 AM
    The Confederate Flag representing racism or slavery is an idealism that has been propagated within the past 10-15 years, fed by the US media and special interest groups...and it's sad!

People (unless maybe the Klan) don't design a flag...over a century ago...to say "Hey let's buy and sell negros to exploit them?" and this will symbolize for generations to come to follow in our footsteps....WRONG!

It was designed to "represent a CONFEDERATED UNION" (very much like todays "state" flags) when this country was experiencing SERIOUS growing pains. In those days there were MANY things that, today, would NOT be tolerated....one of them being slavery.

And Blue I agree with you on your description of modern racism.....it white on white, black on black, punk on punk....and right here in this thread.

American vs. American...and IMO that's the worst part. We're tearing our OWN guts out with this trivial bickering about who's best at what...when the real answer is THEY ALL SUCK!!!

We've allowed the "gubmint" too much control and we are being steamrolled.....not too much different from the loading docks in Africa about 175 years ago.

And it not getting ANY better!

I am not going to assume that you are not a smart guy....but I question why you post certain ideas, are you just trying to be inflammatory or do you actually believe and live them?

The one, if not the major cause of the Civil War was the fact that the South did not like the idea of the Government (North) telling them how to run their economy, which was driven by textile and agriculture. The Confederate States felt the need to preserve their way of life and decided to remove themselves from the Union.

For black people in America the Confederate flag is a symbol of slavery and they should see it that way because that was the way of life for them (not by choice mind you)

BTW, your racially movitvated spelling of government was uncalled for!
    10-07-08 09:48 AM
    I am not going to assume that you are not a smart guy....but I question why you post certain ideas, are you just trying to be inflammatory or do you actually believe and live them?

The one, if not the major cause of the Civil War was the fact that the South did not like the idea of the Government (North) telling them how to run their economy, which was driven by textile and agriculture. The Confederate States felt the need to preserve their way of life and decided to remove themselves from the Union.

For black people in America the Confederate flag is a symbol of slavery and they should see it that way because that was the way of life for them (not by choice mind you)

BTW, your racially movitvated spelling of government was uncalled for!
    HAHA He's not very smart. Thank you for clarifying the confederate flag to him, I didn't have the patience to do so.
    10-07-08 10:48 AM
    Tonight's debate should make for an interesting one; especially given the subject of it: the economy.

I'd also like to add that I find it pretty deplorable...yet not surprising at the least bit; that McCain and Palin are resorting to outrageous smear tactics on Obama; when the issue of the economy affecting Americans...isn't being clearly talked about by McCain and Palin.
    10-07-08 11:41 AM
    In reference to the Confederate Flag:

TO ME, and I may be wrong in feeling this way- BUT the Confederate flag represents all those things that we chose to leave behind.

TO ME, those who choose to CLING to such a symbol are BIGOTS, and can't accept that they lost the war. They still WISH slavery was morally, and legally acceptable.

It represents oppresion, and all those things that do not belong in our country.

It's something that is totally irrelevant, and archaic.

Like Flying a Flag that has 13 flags.

I have been following this thread for a while, and it's starting to make me feel depressed and dirty.

I Think I'll Avoid reading it until AFTER the elections.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-07-08 at 12:24 PM.
    10-07-08 12:15 PM
    I have been following this thread for a while, and it's starting to make me feel depressed and dirty.

I Think I'll Avoid reading it until AFTER the elections.
    Sorry, but the world isn't all peaches and cream. I think the people in this thread are just being honest, regardless of political views, and that's what other people need to understand. We aren't a part of this group to sugarcoat current world events and comfort each other by saying, "it'll be ok..." Because that statement may not be true.

If this thread is making you depressed, welcome to the world, it's very depressing. Don't dwell on it and you won't feel so crappy.

In regards to the debate, I had no idea there was one on tonight... it will be interesting to see what MAVERICK has to say...
    Last edited by Blue_Snowflakes; 10-07-08 at 01:11 PM.
    10-07-08 01:09 PM
    Sorry, but the world isn't all peaches and cream. I think the people in this thread are just being honest, regardless of political views, and that's what other people need to understand. We aren't a part of this group to sugarcoat current world events and comfort each other by saying, "it'll be ok..." Because that statement may not be true.

If this thread is making you depressed, welcome to the world, it's very depressing. Don't dwell on it and you won't feel so crappy.

In regards to the debate, I had no idea there was one on tonight... it will be interesting to see what MAVERICK has to say...
    To come to the pseudo-defense of prada; I don't think one even has to 'dwell' on reality to know that things nowadays have a depressing-tone to it. Simply by living and breathing now (as we all are)...you can see that things are in bad shape.

It really makes me despondent and angry when I think of how much of a hole our current leadership has gotten us into...this is not fair to Americans overall, to the average-middle class (which is the bulk of the population), to children and the elderly.

I may be doing well; and I may have more security compared to the average American..but I'm grounded/sensible/realistic enough to know that choices as important as the one we can make on Nov. 4th...shouldn't be approached with an individualistic mindset.

10-07-08 01:33 PM
    I've read through many of the comments posted here and I have concluded that when I vote for McCain, It is possible I will be branded as a racist, homophobe, gun toting goober that has a confederate flag in the back window of my pickup truck.

I will also be told I am insensitive to the needs of the poor because I support tax cuts. It is likely my friends on the left would call me a war monger because I support the outstanding work our Armed Forces does to fight terrorism over there, not over here.

As an interesting aside, I really have no desire to see anyone elected President of the US that has the support of the rest of the world leaders. I am very suspicious of the world view and why we go to such lengths to hold their opinion on sacred grounds.

Lastly, we cannot eliminate the high price of gasoline and other oil based products by putting more air in our tires as was suggested by Senator Obama. This reasoning alone is sufficient to vote for senator McCain.

Good Luck Senator McCain. You have my vote.

PS...your running mate is cute.

10-07-08 06:26 PM
    How can you trust a man to this nations highest secrets and to lead this nation when he can not even pass the security clearance for one of his own body gaurds. This is because of his known and admitted friendship with a known terrorist.

If you ? Obama now, you are a racist. Imagine what what you are going to be called when he is the President. A terrorist!

10-07-08 06:47 PM
    I think you've missed some of the point, Frawg. It is not either or when it comes to defense. Many of us who support Obama have served in the military. Being a Democrat does not mean one does not support the troops or that one is less patriotic. Obama has said time and again we must destroy the radicals who seek to harm us. Unfortunately, none of them are (or were) in Iraq. Now were stuck with trying to get out of that mess and return our focus to Afghanistan. I have been reading some about the events leading up to our involvement in Iraq and even I am surprised by the extent of lies told to us to sell this war.

Many good people I know will vote for McCain, and he is an admirable man. It's just that Democrats have different ideas about how to solve our current problems. McCain is to closely tied to the policies that got us into our current financial mess. No one wants higher taxes, but Obama is the only one who supports tax cuts for us middle income people and not just for the wealthy. Isn't about time we got a real cut?

No one I know is going to call you names for supporting McCain, we will only question your reasons for doing so. I have a hard time understanding the reasons for giving the right anymore chances. We have had a long period of low taxes for the wealthy and a period of almost nonexistent or severely curtailed regulation and look at what it has done for us. Just pick up a paper - even the right wing Wall Street Journal. What do you think about the AIG executives who went off on a company paid retreat to a luxury resort and spent thousands on spa visits right after their company was bailed out?

I recently received a retirement statement from my employer, looks like early retirement is no longer an option. I am luckier than many people because I have a fixed benefit plan, but I also have no say over how investments are made. The current losses the plan has suffered have pushed back most retirement dates -- and that statement doesn't include the latest round of losses. I have worked there for 30 years, what's another 12 years instead of the 5 I had planned. Thank you Republican leaders.

I come from a military and working class background. I was always taught that the Republicans do not support working class people. This is, as far as I can see, the truth. If it isn't, please enlighten me. Exactly which White House/Republican policy has encouraged good jobs to stay in America? I forget, which ruling by the White House controlled NLRB was it that helped workers organize to negotiate better wages while Wall Street got those fantastic bonuses and tax cuts? Oh, and what trade policy was it that opened other markets up to our dwindling number of manufactured goods and thereby saving American jobs?

Frawg, I think you're probably a great person. Supporting McCain doesn't make you a racist or a homophobe. You are just someone who believes doing the same thing over and over again will lead to different results. I must respectfully disagree with you, but sure don't dislike you because we have different views on solving the problems facing our country. Nothing can ruin my good mood today, my wife is in Germany on her way home from Iraq, whew, she made it out safely, again.

10-07-08 07:34 PM
    Keep voting for the Democrats. The whole Welfare system depends upon it.

Obama must have seen too many Robin Hoods when he was young. All he wants to do is steal from the haves and give to the have nots.

The entitlement society is what is going to make the Country go under. The Dems are the ones that started this whole mess. This is why the whole govt. Needs to be thrown out and we need to start over with a whole new 3rd party.

10-07-08 07:57 PM
937 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD