Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    Who else Vinnie? Who controls the regulators? Bush does. He was the only person in a position to monitor the excesses going on in the mortgage market. He was the only one who could have done something about those bundled investment instruments. The only one! The lax regulatory environment was created by the Republicans. Two years control of congress and the White House in the last decade wasn't enough to do anything to save us from the crooks. No one is naive, Vinnie, it is obvious to all but the most partisan Republican. Bush put the fox in the hen house; what else could have happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 06:22 PM
    I havent checked in here in a while...well Im about to watch the debates..but its 2 to 1 obama in the latest vote check...still plenty of time
    09-26-08 08:03 PM
    Obama I am not voting Republican anymore

09-26-08 08:10 PM
    Conservatives often like to say "take responsibility for your actions. I have always believed this, and it is time for my Republican friends to live by their own words and stop trying to avoid responsibility for their party's actions.

09-26-08 08:19 PM
    The President by himself may not do anything that directly effects the economy. The President's philosphy has a huge imapct on the economy. If he didn't, why would there be so much discussion about during the campain including a large part of tonights debate that was supposed to be about foreign affairs.

09-26-08 08:55 PM
    Do you really think Bush ruined the economy? Do you truly believe that? If you do, you are very naive.

ahhhhh...$10 BILLION dollars a month for a war that didnt need to happen, all while we borrrow $1 TRILLION dollars from the CHINESE? yeah, bush effed up the economy pretty bad...i "truly" believe that...and if you had a leg to stand on you'd explain why you think he didn't...the kettle/pot analogy was fairly accurate...
    09-27-08 07:21 AM
    How about 30 percent of our economy is based off the housing market. Bush didn't tell people to get a house they couldn't afford.

09-27-08 03:56 PM
    HA! Ok, #1) the housing market is such a small piece of the big picture and #2) Bush did use a TON of money to pay for the war. The value of the dollar has gone down because all they keep doing is printing more and more... because of the war that seems to have no end...
    09-27-08 05:39 PM
    Ok. So you say "it's all Bush's fault." What about Congress? They play a bigger part in decision-making than the Pres. does. I mean, they can even override his veto. So, in other words: It's Bush's fault for proposing the law and Congress' fault for passing the laws or letting them pass. Also to note: the Republicans don't have "control" of Congress, the Democrats do....

09-28-08 12:20 AM
    Andy, the Dems have only had both houses for two years. If it was the other way around, I would be stepping up and admitting it like I did when Carter was President. The current mess was caused by the conservative philosophy driven deregulated environment. Be man and admit it when your wrong. Take responsibility for your side's mistakes.

09-28-08 12:41 AM
    How about 30 percent of our economy is based off the housing market. Bush didn't tell people to get a house they couldn't afford.

even before this $700 billion bailout that's coming the United States gov't was the biggest backer of home loans in the country...guess who's in charge of the United States? the Bush administration has suffered greatly from a serious case of tunnel vision...and just remember 72% of americans can make up statistics
    09-28-08 06:58 AM
    HA! Ok, #1) the housing market is such a small piece of the big picture and #2) Bush did use a TON of money to pay for the war. The value of the dollar has gone down because all they keep doing is printing more and more... because of the war that seems to have no end...
    The housing market is a HUGE piece of the economic pie. What do you mean small? As for the war....Bush might have pressed for it...but in the end it was a vote by congress that put us there. ONE man does not have the power to make this country go down the ***tter. Whether it was Bush or the Dems or the Republicans....what does it really matter, the past is the past...we need to fix it now. As for the money spent on the war, we are there now and logistically, noone can pull us out really fast. While we are there the money has to be spent so that the troops can do thier job. No money = no ammo.

What happened to this thread anyway....the last time I was hear we were debating like civilized people...now it seems like a flame war.

Did someone let the Liberals in?

Just my .2 cents.
    09-28-08 01:41 PM
    The housing market is a HUGE piece of the economic pie. What do you mean small? As for the war....Bush might have pressed for it...but in the end it was a vote by congress that put us there. ONE man does not have the power to make this country go down the ***tter. Whether it was Bush or the Dems or the Republicans....what does it really matter, the past is the past...we need to fix it now. As for the money spent on the war, we are there now and logistically, noone can pull us out really fast. While we are there the money has to be spent so that the troops can do thier job. No money = no ammo.

What happened to this thread anyway....the last time I was hear we were debating like civilized people...now it seems like a flame war.

Did someone let the Liberals in?

Just my .2 cents.
    Just as I and many others have know/have said...Yes, the housing sector is DEFINITELY the major piece of the economic pie that HAS led to this economic crumble that has left us in more of a mess than a slice of a Dutch Apple pie on your plate (like that angle from the pie analogy? ).

Now aside from the above part of my post that I had to clarify for both sides of the fence (Obama and McCain); and the ones sitting right on it...here's the part that I'm going to pseudo-affectionately address in difference.

usmc; you lose ALL credibility (with me at least) when you initially try to maintain some sort of civility to the conversation going on in this thread...yet then you write out a cheap shot like you did towards the end of your post...

What happened to this thread anyway...the last I was hear we were debating like civilized people...now it seems like a flame war."
    did someone let the Liberals in?
    If you've been actively participating in the discussion in this thread; as some others have...you'd know that in actuality it's one of McCain's/Divisive'ists/Rush Limbaugh's cheerleaders in this thread that has been the one that has made aspects of this discussion un-civil.

Thanks; and come again...but if you do, let's not be ignorant; yet blame others of being so. There's a word for that; and it starts with the letter 'H'...care to take a guess?
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-28-08 at 02:45 PM.
    09-28-08 02:35 PM
    Hitlery???

09-28-08 02:57 PM
    lol....yeah your right HI-DEF. I was thinking the same thing about the cheap shot right before I hit the send button I just wish that when it came to politics that the majority of people could say thier mind without trying to talk crap to everybody. Anyways...I gotta go watch the Cowboys so ill be back on later

J
    09-28-08 02:59 PM
    USMC,
    You're right about the war and wrong, too. The war in Iraq was based on lies. The president got us involved where we shouldn't be and this has delayed the real war in Afghanistan by half a decade. Now we're faced with extricating ourselves from Iraq. We are in a no win situation, if we pull out too soon there will be a huge loss of life in a civil war. If we wait too long the Iraqi people will never learn to stand on their own two feet.

I do not believe the Republicans can get us out -- they haven't shown any ability to do this. Meanwhile our forces in Afghanistan have been short changed for years. It's time to give them the resources to get Osama B and defeat the Taliban and Al Q for good. Then we can turn the effort against the radicals over to the police to root out terrorist cells.

We shouldn't need an army to chase criminals. We need our armed forces to protect us from enemies far more dangerous than the radicals. Look at N Korea, our "friends" in China and Putin's Russia. They see how spread thin we are and have no fear of challenging us.

09-28-08 03:03 PM
    Oh man, a cowgirls fan to boot... Sorry. Had to.

I do agree with you, USMC, about people being able to speak their minds and I still think everyone is being fairly civil, even Vinnie. But there's bound to be conflict in a thread like this.

I also understand that we can't just up and leave Iraq. (I agree with everything Exelant said). I have many friends there and have also lost some so I know what it means to have our men and women fighting for our freedom. I just have a hard time with the united states invading other countries and then trying to make them our 52nd state.

Last edited by Blue_Snowflakes; 09-28-08 at 03:11 PM.
    09-28-08 03:06 PM
    Hitlery???
    Sure, whatever floats your Graf Zeppelin buddy...

09-28-08 03:07 PM
    Lmao

09-28-08 03:12 PM
    I have to say that reading these replies and seeing why people are voting for who they are going to vote for is SCARY! "Communicates with the public better" or "looks like a leader" or whatever. These are not reasons to vote for people for President. You have to actually look at their polocies and how each will affect you. For example, Obama says he will only raise taxes on the rich. However, universal healthcare has to be paid somehow. If you make $42,000 or more per year, you are considered rich. Also, if you recieve social security, you will be 33% more tax will be taken out so you can have the healthcare. Has anybody ever waited in line at the DMV? Do you really want it to be like that at your doctor's office. Oh, and Obama did vote with President Bush 83% of the time.
    09-28-08 03:15 PM
    I have to say that reading these replies and seeing why people are voting for who they are going to vote for is SCARY! "Communicates with the public better" or "looks like a leader" or whatever. These are not reasons to vote for people for President. You have to actually look at their polocies and how each will affect you. For example, Obama says he will only raise taxes on the rich. However, universal healthcare has to be paid somehow. If you make $42,000 or more per year, you are considered rich. Also, if you recieve social security, you will be 33% more tax will be taken out so you can have the healthcare. Has anybody ever waited in line at the DMV? Do you really want it to be like that at your doctor's office. Oh, and Obama did vote with President Bush 83% of the time.
    Fresh Meat!

No but seriously, the DMV here really isn't that bad.
    09-28-08 03:18 PM
    If you make $42,000 or more per year, you are considered rich.
    With that statement; you're definitely the smartest person in this entire thread...quite possibly the smartest in all of CB.

If you're a resident of Malawi and you're making that much...then yes harvey; I can't argue with your contention of being rich. But we're voting for the President of the U.S. here; and rich to most economist even...is defined as making $250K+.

You must be living it up in Malawi; oh how I envy you.
    09-28-08 03:25 PM
    With that statement; you're definitely the smartest person in this entire thread...quite possibly the smartest in all of CB.

If you're a resident of Malawi and you're making that much...then yes harvey; I can't argue with your contention of being rich. But we're voting for the President of the U.S. here; and rich to most economist even...is defined as making $250K+.

You must be living it up in Malawi; oh how I envy you.
    HAHA! I thought that statement seemed weird... I couldn't figure it out though. But thank you for shining the light on it...
    09-28-08 03:39 PM
    I also forgot to mention that I have to pay for social security. I don't know who this is securing... I will probably die old and gray before I have the opportunity for this if they don't make it illegal at some point.

You forgot to mention his (Obama) tax cuts benefit the lower and middle class much more than McCain's.

I don't think people realize what it's like to not have health care or have the option to have health care. I worked for a large box corporation for 3 years and had GREAT benefits (all they were good for) and now I don't have health care through my employer. It's not fun and I can't afford to go out and spend a crap load of money on health insurance I'm probably not going to need. So, I personally like the government health care, because it fits my "lifestyle".
    09-28-08 03:46 PM
    Sure, whatever floats your Graf Zeppelin buddy...

Are you flirting with me again??? Ha!

Hey!! Don't take yourself so seriously.....no one else does!

09-28-08 04:23 PM
937 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD