Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

150 58.37%
  • McCain

94 36.58%
  • Undecided still

13 5.06%
    last i checked the lethal injection was for HARSH criminals who do HEINOUS crimes personally if someone killed one of my love ones because they felt like it **** yeah i would inject them!!! but when you abort a child you are KILLING AN INNOCENT CHILD!! end of story!!! I am not some super conservative but at this point in the election there really is not a good or right choice! but after watching the interviews that rick warren did I am leaning more towards McCain simply on the fact Obama NEVER answers a question directly he talks around the question!!
    Quit watching Fox News..it's bad for your health

P.S. Doesn't directly answer questions? Right...
    08-30-08 02:59 AM
    Which I guess makes you a supporter of GWB, McCain and the rest of
    the psuedo-religious right wing of politics.

You know the group that takes extreme umbrage at the thought of
    harming a fetus, but has absolutely no issue at all lethal injecting
    an adult
    . Bunch of f*^#@ng hypocrites!
    ACTUALLY, I don't agree with the death penalty either.

Not to mention sending young men and women off to fight and die in a war based on lies.
    Let me guess... you would much rather us sit in a circle and hold hands and sing Kumbya? It's in plenty of documents that Bush did go to war over what he though was valid info. The person who gave it to him was the one who was incorrect. Now, I am not saying I agree with the war over there, but I do agree we can't just up and pull every single person out of there at one time. I support our troops but pulling out suddenly just cannot be done.
    08-30-08 06:22 AM

Hey! I like Fox news! LOL
    08-30-08 06:23 AM
    ACTUALLY, I don't agree with the death penalty either.
    But you still are supporting 2 people that do. And by casting your vote for
    them you are 100% complicit in their violation of the whole ridiculous "sanctity of life" stance..

Again the argument is not whether a life is innocent or laden with crime and
    immorality. A life is a life. Justifying taking some while arguing others need
    to be protected is the height of hypocrisy. There is just NO arguing that fact.

"We are Pro-Life, unless you f&$k up and then that's your a ss". That should be
    a conservative bumper sticker.

Both McCain and Palin support the death penalty and they should both be
    repugnant to any TRUE Pro-Lifer. Period
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-30-08 at 07:30 AM.
    08-30-08 07:27 AM
    So what u are saying is that every person u have voted for you agree with them 100 percent? Please. I really doubt that. Like I said I am pro life. No death penalty... No abortion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 07:31 AM
    In a word Courtney. Yes I do.

Are you telling me that you hold your nose, ignore the things
    that don't quite square with your belief system and vote for the lesser
    of 2 evils.

You do know that the lesser of 2 evils is still, well, evil.
    08-30-08 07:34 AM
    So everyone in america that votes is supposed to fully agree with obama or mccain? That is probably the dumbest thing I have read on here. Do you fully agree with everything your friends do??

08-30-08 07:36 AM
    I am not voting for my friends to lead the free world. And whether
    you agree or not I'd like you to back off the invectives.
    I can assure I and my opinions are not "dumb". They just are not yours.

But seriously, How in the h3ll can you vote of a slate that is
    totally in support of an important position that is ABSOLUTELY
    counter to your sensibilities and call that a wise choice.

Now if you want to talk about dumb, that would be it.
    "I'm Pro-Life but I support the death penalty ticket".
    Yeah that is so much smarter than my opinion.
    08-30-08 07:46 AM
    What I think is dumb is that you expect everyone that votes to fully agree with either candidate.

I am guessing you support Obama, so you support the partial birth abortions and the killing of innocent babies?

Just because I disagree with the death penalty doesn't mean that I am not going to vote for McCain. Obama is for the death penalty too. What do you want me to do? Not vote? Yeah, there we go.
    08-30-08 07:50 AM
    News flash Courtney. I in all probability will not vote for Senator Obama.
    But not for your reasons. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So your guess was way wrong. Nice try though.

As to abortion, I could not care less. That is between the mother,
    the father and what ever they call God. It is not in me
    to judge people for their choices. You know the ones that we
    as Americans are FREE to make without having sanctimonious
    strangers cast aspersions upon us.

I live my life my way, what everyone else does is simply not
    my concern.
    08-30-08 07:55 AM
    News flash Courtney. I in all probability will not vote for Senator Obama.
    But not for your reasons. Sorry to burst your bubble.

So your guess was way wrong. Nice try though.

As to abortion, I could not care less. That is between the mother,
    the father and what ever they call God. It is not in me
    to judge people for their choices. You know the ones that we
    as Americans are FREE to make without having sanctimonious
    strangers cast aspersions upon us.

I live my life my way, what everyone else does is simply not
    my concern.
    so are you not going to vote at all then?
    08-30-08 07:59 AM
    No I am absolutely going to vote for someone.
    It is just a matter of finding the candidate that
    aligns to my way of thinking on the important issues
    and who I think is best able to lead the nation.

It is just that I do not get caught up in wedge issues,
    ideology, and partisanship. I approach every election with
    a totally open mind.

Sometimes the Democrat gets my vote, Sometimes the Republican.
    And in one case in a state election the 3rd
    party candidate.
    08-30-08 08:04 AM

i actually watch CNN thank you!! I got my information for the LAWS!!! what a concept do your own research!!!
    08-30-08 12:19 PM
    weekend check in...just like the campaign this thread is heating up

still looking for more votes, maybe some people are waiting for the debates before they cast their vote here. anyway, im gonna close the poll on election day...
    08-30-08 07:14 PM
    The lesser of two evils are Obama/Biden. Hands DOWN.

I don't agree with abortion and the death penalty, both sides are for those issues. However, the country can't deal with another Republican in the Oval Office and needs to break free from trickle-down economics.

Trickle-down economics does not work, PERIOD. Profits from the corporation's tax breaks are not going to the middle, lower, and poor class. That money goes right into the pockets of the top-level execs and is used to outsource jobs, reducing employment opportunities in the US.

Many workers haven't seen their pay rate increase. yet prices of food, gas, utilities (not to mention housing) has gone up. I know; I am one of them (and several coworkers haven't had a raise in 2+ years).

I do not believe that McCain/Palin will (or CARE) to change the economic situation of the middle, lower, and poor classes.

I do believe that Obama/Biden will (and TRY to) correct this mistake made by this administration.
    08-30-08 09:42 PM
    At the moment, I'm going for Obama. However, his choice of Biden... trying to appeal to the older demo?!?! Obama's speach at the DNC... wow, he's a passionate, agressive Democrat and I haven't seen that in many years. He talked alot about what he says he's going to do, I just want to know HOW he's going to do it.

I am curious to hear what McCain will say at the RNC. I will be watching that for sure.
    08-30-08 11:29 PM
    A great deal of presidential power lies with what they don't do as well as what they do. American workers have been under attack by the Republicans for decades. And it isn't through legislation, either. OSHA rules have been relaxed so that companies who have their employees working in dangerous conditions are rarely fined for violations, even when an employee is killed.

Look at overtime rules, they have become much more restrictive. It is getting so classes of employees such as registered nurses are forced to fight for overtime pay. We are, for the first time in decades, seeing an actual drop in real income for hourly employees -- does anyone really think the corresponding drop in union membership, with the NLRB always taking management's side, has anything to do with it?

Environmental enforcement actions against corporate polluters are down across the board. Heavy polluters are also getting off with hand slaps by the justice department. And the worst can buy credits from clean industries so they can continue to pump noxious plumes into the air we breathe.

The last Republican led congress, with Bush's encouragement, passed a bankruptcy bill written by credit card companies that makes it almost impossible for people devastated by illness or job loss to file for a fresh start. Hammering the poor, the Republican way!

Sorry, I cannot vote for a Rupublican and I have reasons why. If anyone would like, I can back up everything I just wrote with facts compiled by the very Rublican government I feel has got to go for all of our sakes.

I guess I'm voting for Obama

08-31-08 12:15 AM
    exelant: I am forever in awe of your WAP typing skills.
    Yeah I know it has nothing with the topic at hand but
    I just had to say it.
    08-31-08 03:44 AM
    Thanks AG. I do wish that sometime we CBers could have a reunioun type get-together to see how the impressions we have of each other measure up . I also like how you cut through the BS, especially where I would rather avoid confrontation -- not that I run from a fight. You know, I really enjoy my time here!

08-31-08 12:17 PM
    A great deal of presidential power lies with what they don't do as well as what they do. American workers have been under attack by the Republicans for decades. And it isn't through legislation, either. OSHA rules have been relaxed so that companies who have their employees working in dangerous conditions are rarely fined for violations, even when an employee is killed.

Look at overtime rules, they have become much more restrictive. It is getting so classes of employees such as registered nurses are forced to fight for overtime pay. We are, for the first time in decades, seeing an actual drop in real income for hourly employees -- does anyone really think the corresponding drop in union membership, with the NLRB always taking management's side, has anything to do with it?

Environmental enforcement actions against corporate polluters are down across the board. Heavy polluters are also getting off with hand slaps by the justice department. And the worst can buy credits from clean industries so they can continue to pump noxious plumes into the air we breathe.

The last Republican led congress, with Bush's encouragement, passed a bankruptcy bill written by credit card companies that makes it almost impossible for people devastated by illness or job loss to file for a fresh start. Hammering the poor, the Republican way!

Sorry, I cannot vote for a Rupublican and I have reasons why. If anyone would like, I can back up everything I just wrote with facts compiled by the very Rublican government I feel has got to go for all of our sakes.

I guess I'm voting for Obama

Not much has been said by either candidate about the failure of government regulation whether OSHA, sub-prime gate, or most importantly the unconstitutional expansion of presidential power.

I just read that Bush want's congress to adopt a resolution stating that the US is still in a state of war with Al-Queda and the Taliban (what about Iraq). Clearly a way to embarrass democrats and project the illegal activities of his admin.
    08-31-08 12:29 PM
    It is unfortunate that with the presidential race heating up, we aren't paying as much attention to Bush as we should. There's still plenty of time for him to get us into even more trouble. I think evryone understands the war in Afganistan won't be over until Osama is caught and his organization destroyed, but how much more do we have to give up to get the job done?

I have mentioned on occasion that my wife works for a large defense contractor and spends time in Iraq, Kuwait and Afganistan. What is amazing is how our military in Afganistan is short changed. If one went to Camp Arifjan in Kuwait and saw the square miles of equipment ready to go into Iraq, and then saw the paltry amounts of stuff going to our men and women in Afganistan, there'd be a huge outcry. It's criminal to send our troops in without adequate resourses. But if you complain, you're labled unpatriotic.

We're all afraid to really speak out lest we come under scutiny of the patriot act thought police. We have given up our rights without a wimper in the name of national defense. How long before they show up at your doorstep for speaking out? Something's wrong in our country, we are a free people with the right to speak out for what's right, aren't we?

Last edited by exelant; 09-05-08 at 08:56 AM. Reason: clarity
    08-31-08 01:15 PM
    From what I have seen it seems to be more of a changing of the gaurd than the issues.
    Gen-X is ready to take care of their families and country and don't for the most part have the same beliefs as their baby-boomer parents.
    That in my opinion is the biggest reason Baracks talk of change has created such a following. The next two months will tell.

09-01-08 07:31 PM
    IMO, neither candidates are good ones. However, I do believe (again, IMO) that McCain is a better candidate. Part of this stems from me being a christian, and not wanting to vote for a man who supports abortion. In all honesty, we need another pres. like Reagan or Franklin Roosevelt to handle things. Problem is, as was posted earlier, hardly anyone cares about what a politician's real motives are as long as they look good and sound good.
    My two cents.
    09-01-08 11:28 PM
    Unless there is a GLARING tipping of scales in an election where one candidate is OBVIOUSLY more worthy of being elected over the other...that's when there's no debate.

However in this year's election..neither candidate has such a disparity of electability over the other...that is why an individual should approach it w/ the whole 'LESSER OF TWO EVILS' mindset. To some extent; all politicians say what people want to hear.

The way I see it...McCain's presidency would definitely be a 3rd Bush term based on McCain's alignment with Bush' policies-decision-making. And also, it tells me a lot about McCain's individualistic focus and smarts when it comes to decision making..just by his action of choosing Palin as his running mate. He puts the interest of him winning this election, over who would serve the better role as a VP, the heartbeat away from the presidency.

America's interest are first and foremost; however in this day and age where one country's success and sanctity is tied in w/ healthy relations w/ other countries...its crucial that we elect a president where the majority of the world's leaders view as promising, open, diplomatic and smart. I think with that in mind, most of the world's leaders won't approach/see McCain as such.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-02-08 at 09:04 AM.
    09-02-08 09:01 AM
    IMO, neither candidates are good ones. However, I do believe (again, IMO) that McCain is a better candidate. Part of this stems from me being a christian, and not wanting to vote for a man who supports abortion. In all honesty, we need another pres. like Reagan or Franklin Roosevelt to handle things. Problem is, as was posted earlier, hardly anyone cares about what a politician's real motives are as long as they look good and sound good.
    My two cents.
    To my mind the decision of who to vote for in this presidential election comes down to a simple question, do you believe that the Bush Presidential policies have been successful? If your answer is yes, McCain is your man. If your answer is no then you are obliged to consider a change in Presidency.

On the hot button issue of abortion, right now in American politics, it seems to me that it is much more useful to politicians as a wedge issue to mobilize voters then something that anyone genuinely wants to change.
    09-02-08 10:08 AM
937 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD