08-07-14 05:15 PM
30 12
    I agree. It's not as if Russia is a known bastion of free speech, and people's rights. It is the exact opposite.(Pvssy Riot, Litvinenko, Khodorkovsky, Solzhenitsyn,etc.)

Putin is a former KGB hardliner! Those leopards DO NOT change their spots! When he was stationed in the former East Germany as it was crumbling, a crowd gathered in front of the local Stasi (secret police) office demanding records on what happened to their vanished loved ones. Putin faced the crowd down by himself it is said. Such a man is a true believer and an idealogue.

Snowden is now a pawn for website traffic, Pulitzer prizes, newspaper circulation, television ratings, book sales ,political embarrassment for Russia to use against the US and any intelligence they can squeeze from him. He is being used by many.

There are scores, if not hundreds or thousands in almost every nation doing for their countries exactly what he formerly did. To pretend otherwise is to be naive or foolish. Let's hope when they are done with him he will at least still have his miserable life. All else will have long been lost, taken away or squandered.
    Snowden needed Russia to save himself since it's slim picking and the Russia of course wanting Snowden to rub in the face of US or at least some info from him that could embarrass US. Both are not naive to think that they are BFF for life. If anything Snowden might be desperately trying to get out of Russia before he gets use as a political pawn by the Russian. If anything Snowden would have given several pieces of info to several journalists and Julianne Assange to be release incase the US attempt for his life. He is definitely not sleeping at all.
    07-19-14 07:18 AM
    After watching the video. I have to ask. When we going to get some Connect to SpiderOak up in this BB10 party!

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded it. It works well with the computer to a certain extend. I wish it would allow me to backup specific file rather than an entire folder. It's not working as good with my Z30 for the same reason.
    07-19-14 07:22 AM
    Maybe, just maybe it was because to the best of their abilities, they're just as equally guilty of doing some, if not all of the things the US has been exposed to have been doing? Didn't a European government official (French, I think he was, although I could be wrong) say just as much in a radio interview? Food for thought.
    These 11 democratic states deny asylum and they can be made jointly responsible for the Russia-situation.
    To me its a no-brainer. If we all agree that Snowden shouldnt be in Russia, we can take him to Europe, because then he isnt in Russia.

Say what?? You think the Russians have any respect or fear after the Syrian 'red line' and to a lesser degree, nothing being done re: the Ukrainian situation?
    I simply repeat: In all the recent interviews Snowden looks neither brainwashed nor disoriented.

We have no ground to assume that the Russians do anything more than surveillance. And they must surveill him, because Snowden could be also kidnapped by the Mafiasits no cheap fun having a top spy in your country.

Actually a healthy Snowden has a bigger market value for Putin (for the time being) and every time congress is cutting the NSA's budget for TAO, Putin is among the winners.

He did do an interview with Putin, where he didn't exactly call him out over Russian surveillance: Edward Snowden Asks Putin About Surveillance - Business Insider
    Wow, shame on him not. Snowden does criticize Russia, but he is also a guest in Russia. If you ever have been a guest somewhere, you know there are certain etiquettes...

Appropriate Clothing in Jiddah and other Warnings and Dangers Reviews

And you do know that Snowden is still a 100% supporter of TAO and which further implications must be dedcuted from that ...
    Hint: When Putin said "from one spy to another..." in Russian public, he was already 4 moves ahead on the hidden chess board.

What rights under the 4th Amendment has he been denied?
    If that would have been my question, the answer should be "none".
    I thought the question is which rights under the 4th Amendment did he protect for 317 Million Americans?
    Hmm, are you trying to distract me from the fact that the lamers in congress are only moving because of *the way how Snowden arranged* his revelations?

I think the government is basically pissed frustrated over the fact that congress mutually decided more substantial changes in 6 months "under Snowden" than in 6 years "under Obama".

Also, I'm not sure what the re-interpretation of it has to do with anything. It's been examined in cases over and over; see, for example Katz v. United States, and a recent, personal favorite, United States v. Jones.
    What I was trying to say with hollow is going in this direction It may be that achieving the same result through electronic means, without an accompanying trespass, is an unconstitutional invasion of privacy taken from

You did notice the word unconstitutional in my previous posting

Republicans call for halt to “unconstitutional surveillance programs” | Ars Technica

Bad or good, we keep electing and re-electing them. And just like you can't go back and retroactively apply laws to things that were not illegal before, you have to prosecute according to the laws currently on the books. Them's the rules.
    Agreed. I dont think that Snowden would disagree.

And I don't see what's there to negotiate. But that shouldn't surprise you
    Uhm, agreed.

Edward Snowden Has the Right to the Benefits of Trial by Jury. Period.
    07-19-14 07:45 AM
    Oh I don't doubt his I overall message (even though I wonder if he's skilled enough to know/understand the details of some of the things he leaks,) but I got a biiig problem with him scampering off to Russia. Therefore his "I'll go to Guantanamo if it comes to that" is just a laughable, hollow statement.
    I don't see how where he ended up has anything to do with it. It's not like he said he went to Russia because of their commitment to freedom and privacy. He had few choices. No US ally would take him. What does that leave? The few countries that might be nice to live in probably don't have the security infrastructure to keep him safe.
    07-19-14 01:10 PM
    I don't see how where he ended up has anything to do with it. It's not like he said he went to Russia because of their commitment to freedom and privacy. He had few choices. No US ally would take him. What does that leave? The few countries that might be nice to live in probably don't have the security infrastructure to keep him safe.
    This is true, but also remember that it was the USA who pulled Snowden's PASSPORT (shameless BB plug and literal reality) while Snowden was in Russia, so when the US did that, we purposefully left him stuck in Russia with no passport.

Z-30/STA 100-5/ USA
    08-07-14 05:15 PM
30 12