I'm curious, are you part of one ecosystem, i.e. BlackBerry OS, iOS or Android, or are you part of multiple?

I'm seriously considering diving deep into ONE ecosystem, and thus consolidate all my music, films etc. but at the same time having them available no matter the device or TV I'm using.

There are simply too many systems to be a part of, no? And it can be costly, too...

What say you?
    jaydenmoorie likes this.
    12-07-13 10:47 PM
    I'm with two. iOS and BlackBerry. Seems manageable. Although I really don't like iTunes much. But what are you gonna do...I do like my iPad. Sigh.
    12-08-13 07:32 AM
    I have apps through BlackBerry world and a few movies. But in all I DO NOT LIKE ANY ECOSYSTEM. It's to easy to be ripped off movies you buy are only available for download for a year or two and then only playable on certain devices.

I try to buy movies and music myself. That way I can put it on any device whenever wherever I want. FOREVER. No drm garbage!!!

You can also torrent but now that I'm not a broke student anymore I generally pay for my stuff.

I still torrent but generally for content which is rare and hard to find or unavailable for purchase.

As for being able to view content on any device. I don't think any ecosystem will allow this. Argggg DRM!!!

Managing your own content is the best way in my opinion. Yes there will be ripping and converting involved but it's yours to do with at the end of the day.

Sorry went a bit sideways on ya there

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:47 AM
    One would think that this thread would generate a lot of conversation. But the latest slew of posts seem to be more geared towards pointless arguments over stupid things, versus a good conversation like this.

I'm rather sad about this...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    12-08-13 04:14 PM
    Multiple. Ios MPB+iPad, Android, Note 3+ 2014 note 10.1, Playbook (unused)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    12-08-13 05:51 PM
    Multiple. But a big consideration for me is the ability to play my content on multiple devices.

I purchase most stuff from Google Play and Amazon because of the universal nature of the media.

I despise iTunes, even though I've had an account forever, and my early music purchases are still there. Only time I fire up iTunes is even I have to do something iOS related.

I don't do much with BBW, since the content is fairly restricted and expensive when compared to my other sources.
    12-08-13 06:01 PM
    ...anyone else?

12-14-13 07:48 PM
    I'm mostly in the Microsoft ecosystem and also have a BB Z10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-14-13 07:57 PM
    Finally did away with my ipod. Nobex made that possible. Androids have been gone for a bit now. Now everything is through my Z.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-14-13 08:28 PM
    Only BlackBerry...
    Seems good... but I don't buy movies and music online... I transfer them via USB to my phone

Most of them are via torrents...
    And this one is off topic... but tTorrent works superb on

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:42 PM
    I'm actually looking to move to a place where my content is mostly digital. This way, I an watch on just about any device anywhere. I think it is key that BBRY and MSFT figure out cross-platform solutions as well. There are a lot of people that will pay for content, and this ties them ino specific ecosystems.
    12-18-13 06:16 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out if I will be part of one system or two. I wish films played on any device.

12-18-13 06:52 PM
    BlackBerry, Android, MSFT. And lots of open sourced stuff, if we go by OS. I am not the kind to lock myself into one ecosystem. Though on the console gaming front I'm pretty much a Playztation guy. (post ps 1). prior to that I would own and play every single game device I can lay my hands on. LULZ
    12-19-13 08:24 AM