Anyone here an experienced eBay user? I have been trying to sell a couple items but I had a question about the final value fees. I read about it, but it's a bit confusing. How much is the percentage rate that they charge? Is it a lot? I might be selling an item for around $300.

Seems to be a lot of fees. Paypal fees, insertion fees, and final value fees?

Thanks in advance.
    08-03-11 08:20 AM
    08-03-11 10:05 AM
    Wow, the fees are expensive.
    08-03-11 10:20 AM
    Guess that's the price for getting your item in front of a few million of your closest friends...

craigslist is free
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-03-11 12:59 PM
    The reason is because they figure you've had your use of the item and anything you sell it for is at that point a profit. It also deters people from marking things up because they pay bigger fees.
    You can sell craigslist but typically you'll get less so it evens out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-03-11 08:23 PM
    Thanks a lot, guys! That pretty much explains it.
    08-03-11 10:11 PM
    Yes. But depending on the item and what you sell it for, it doesn't always seem too bad.

......It also deters people from marking things up because they pay bigger fees. ......
    People still try to, via shipping costs. I've often seen things noted as shipping being, say $20, when priority mail is only $5.....
    08-04-11 08:02 AM
    Ebay has put a stop to that as well. The final value fee includes shipping costs.
    People use to mark iPads $7 and shipping for $700 to skip fees.
    Ebay caught on eventually.
    08-05-11 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD