anyone have any good drinking games? besides beer pong blah. we've successfully turned some board games into drinking games and play a couple card games but what have y'all got?

give name of and rules!
    04-29-09 08:46 AM
    Just throwing the other normal ones out there ... flip cup, f**k the dealer, a**hole...
    04-29-09 08:48 AM
    i like king cup...just sucks for the person who loses.
    04-29-09 08:50 AM
    Drinking Uno - When you have to draw or get skipped, you drink for each one. So a draw 4 is rather painful.

Circle of Death - one of my favorites, but you need a bigger group, 6 - 8 makes the boot factor much lower....
    spread the cards in a pile in the middle, someone picks a card. Play continues to the right after action below is taken.

Ace: Social, everyone takes one drink.
    2 - 4: You drink that many.
    5 - 8: You give that many drinks away.
    9: Bust a rhyme. Person says word or phrase, next person must rhyme it. Example:
    I went to the store.
    I bought a wile boar.
    My neighbor does snore.
    Repeat or can't think of one, that person drinks.
    10: Categories. Person chooses a category and then names something from that category, Sports teams, stores, cereals, states, etc. Repeat or can't think of one, that person drinks.
    Jack: Jester Master, jack stays face up in front of person until the next one is pulled from the deck. While a person has a jack, once they do something, the last person to do it has to drink. Example: Person could start rubbing their ear, last to rub their ear drinks, you can also set an unofficial time limit if multiple people don't pick up on it in a bit of time.
    Queen: Question master, stays face up with the person like the jack, but when this person asks a question to someone else. If it's answered, the answerer drinks. If another question is returned, then the question master drinks.
    Example:
    Question master: Do you know what time it is?
    If clueless victom says "Yeah, 8:00", then they drink, but if they say "Why are you asking?" then the QM drinks.
    King: If you draw a king, you make a rule that in effect for only that game. Fourth king kills the game and you start over.

P.S. You still have the best forum name ever. SP forever....
    04-29-09 09:07 AM
    played ******* and some other lol don't remember and flip cup. i like em easy and drunk fast (ha that's what she said..)
    04-29-09 09:10 AM
    I havent played drinking games in forever (obviously) but wow do I ever have memories of getting completey FUBAR playing 'chandaliers' (sp?)
    04-29-09 09:10 AM
    Drinking Uno - When you have to draw or get skipped, you drink for each one. So a draw 4 is rather painful.

Circle of Death - one of my favorites, but you need a bigger group, 6 - 8 makes the boot factor much lower....
    spread the cards in a pile in the middle, someone picks a card. Play continues to the right after action below is taken.

Ace: Social, everyone takes one drink.
    2 - 4: You drink that many.
    5 - 8: You give that many drinks away.
    9: Bust a rhyme. Person says word or phrase, next person must rhyme it. Example:
    I went to the store.
    I bought a wile boar.
    My neighbor does snore.
    Repeat or can't think of one, that person drinks.
    10: Categories. Person chooses a category and then names something from that category, Sports teams, stores, cereals, states, etc. Repeat or can't think of one, that person drinks.
    Jack: Jester Master, jack stays face up in front of person until the next one is pulled from the deck. While a person has a jack, once they do something, the last person to do it has to drink. Example: Person could start rubbing their ear, last to rub their ear drinks, you can also set an unofficial time limit if multiple people don't pick up on it in a bit of time.
    Queen: Question master, stays face up with the person like the jack, but when this person asks a question to someone else. If it's answered, the answerer drinks. If another question is returned, then the question master drinks.
    Example:
    Question master: Do you know what time it is?
    If clueless victom says "Yeah, 8:00", then they drink, but if they say "Why are you asking?" then the QM drinks.
    King: If you draw a king, you make a rule that in effect for only that game. Fourth king kills the game and you start over.

P.S. You still have the best forum name ever. SP forever....

oooo sounds fun!!!
    04-29-09 09:11 AM
    The nice thing is that it scales well. We have played with 12 or 13 people while camping and it still works... The more the merrier...
    04-29-09 09:18 AM
    Let me begin by saying that some 25 years after graduating from college, I in no way endorse or condone drinking mass quantities of beer.

Now that everyones done laughing, here's my old standbys from the Univeristy of Delaware.

Quarters:

Need a quarter and a glass of beer, and no inhibitions about drink from a communal glass.

Bounce the quarter and try and get it in the glass. Make it and you pick someone to drink.

Variations include catch the quarter in your teeth when you chug or drink again.

For those averse to drinking from the same glass, you play with an empty glass and everyone drinks from their own glass. A variation is if you miss, you drink, if you make it everyone else drinks.

Mexican:

Need a cup, a pair of dice and lot of beer.

Roll the dice in the cup, turn the cup over on a table and peek in to see what the roll is (top of dice).

Call the roll (high number first) such as 42 (4 and a 2). You can also bluff something higher (or lower if the round is starting off).

Next person around the table can believe you and roll, or call your bluff. If they roll, they have to beat 42 or bluff. If they call your bluff and they're wrong, they drink, if they're right you drink.

Roll a 2 and 1, 21 and call Mexican, the highest roll. Next person has to match Mexican or bluff.

Roll doubles and call doubles. Next person has to roll doubles or Mexican to beat you or bluff.

Edit, when I say lots of beer, I mean lots of beer. Nothing kills a game of Mexican like having to go get another ket.
    Last edited by wnm; 04-29-09 at 09:27 AM.
    04-29-09 09:24 AM
    Here's another one if you really want to get FUBAR (with a to jenniferrichalle).

Relay Chug.

Divide into to teams of 5 or 10. The more the better.

Fill two sets of glasses full (that's full) of beer, one glass for every member of each team.

Put a straw in the first glass for each team.

Line up your teams.

On your mark, get set, go! Chug your glass through the straw. When done leave the straw, as the next member of your team has to remove the straw from your glass and put it in theirs without using their hands.

Repeat.

First team finished wins (or loses depending on your outlook).
    04-29-09 09:31 AM
    hmmm how could liquor be incorporated into this lol i like my long island iced teas but i hate beer
    04-29-09 09:35 AM
    hmmm how could liquor be incorporated into this lol i like my long island iced teas but i hate beer
    You can play these games with any alcoholic beverage, but you'ld be out of your mind if you did. Which may be the point.
    04-29-09 09:38 AM
    drinking games combined with hard liquor is a recipe for disaster....and having to explain to the parents why you ended up in the ER getting your stomach pumped.

not trying to preach, but as a former college student in Iowa where drinking is pretty much its own major for lack of anything else to do.....I have seen some scary stuffs.

Chadaliers incorporates a middle glass conconction of a foul mix of whatever alcohols you have on hand.
    04-29-09 09:44 AM
    I'm with you on that. I hate beer, but I can drink the he11 out of some li Tea.
    04-29-09 09:53 AM
    drinking games combined with hard liquor is a recipe for disaster....and having to explain to the parents why you ended up in the ER getting your stomach pumped.

not trying to preach, but as a former college student in Iowa where drinking is pretty much its own major for lack of anything else to do.....I have seen some scary stuffs.

Chadaliers incorporates a middle glass conconction of a foul mix of whatever alcohols you have on hand.
    oh it's not like i drink a lot, maybe once or twice a month, and i definitely know my limit cuz i'm a lightweight lol i've had too many friends have bad things happen to them (or die) cuz of alcohol and this is all very responsible and we watch what we do and watch each other.
    04-29-09 09:57 AM
    oh it's not like i drink a lot, maybe once or twice a month, and i definitely know my limit cuz i'm a lightweight lol i've had too many friends have bad things happen to them (or die) cuz of alcohol and this is all very responsible and we watch what we do and watch each other.
    That makes me happy. and while Im "Mother Hen-ing"........

to all: if anyone ever tries to get you to eat half of a peach that was floating in a jar of moonshine. JUST SAY NO!

anyhow, I never did explain Chandaliers......its sort of like drinking musical chairs/quarters wrapped up into one tidy game.

get same number of glasses for the number of people playing, only one of the glasses is larger and is the middle glass. take the smaller glasses and place around the middle glass, and fill with beer. The middle glass you can fill with whatever....beer, liquor, a nasty brew.

then its basically like quarters. takes turns bouncing. when it lands in an outer cup, you choose who drinks. If you miss, you drink.

when someone bounces and it goes in the middle, everyone scrambles to grab an outer cup. whoever doesnt snag one is left with the middle cup (which is usually pretty f-in nasty). everyone drinks. It can get crazy as everyone flys in to grab a glass. people shove, beer spills and can get kind of messy. But thats true with most things fun.

Hooray!
    Last edited by jenniferrichalle; 04-29-09 at 10:21 AM.
    04-29-09 10:04 AM
    I don't drink anymore, but when I used too back in the day, we had a game called **** Jones (first word is a nickname for Richard). He was a charactor in the movie RoboCop and his name got mentioned a LOT. So everytime his name got mentioned you would have to take a drink. Ok so it was not so much a game, as an excuse to watch RoboCop and drink!
    04-29-09 10:29 AM
    Here's another one. This one was bad news. I don't know the name for it, but you need a deck of cards. Deal them out face up to everyone until you find the ace. That person keeps the ace and takes a drink. You collect the rest of the cards, do a quick shuffle, and redeal (I'd pass the cards to the next person so one person doesn't have to do all the work). Now you deal till you find a two. That person drinks, the ace drinks, you leave those two cards out and collect the cards, pass the deck, and deal again, looking for the three, then four, etc... Go up to king then back down to the ace.

There's no point but to drink too much. I had 2 4 6 7 8, and I was hurting...
    04-29-09 10:48 AM
    I don't drink anymore, but when I used too back in the day, we had a game called **** Jones (first word is a nickname for Richard). He was a charactor in the movie RoboCop and his name got mentioned a LOT. So everytime his name got mentioned you would have to take a drink. Ok so it was not so much a game, as an excuse to watch RoboCop and drink!
    Quicker way but same idea - The Police - Roxanne (every time you hear "Roxanne")
    04-29-09 11:37 AM
    3 man!!! its just like kings cup but with dices
    04-29-09 11:54 AM
    Power Hour - Shot of Beer every minute of the hour.

See how many hours you can go.
    04-29-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD