I love my BB and stuff, like I always have information at my fingertips with the browser and roadtrips are a lot more fun and stuff, but there's one thing that makes me mad! BBM! I actually like talking to people face to face or at least over the phone but not through text messaging.

For example, I go to nightclubs and I get chatting to girls and then they wanna swap PINS and I'm like "No, I'll take your number" and they're like "What? But you've got a BlackBerry?" They don't understand why I don't wanna have a text relationship!

I mean, I have spoken to girls on BBM before, and then when you meet up with them, it gets all awkward all of a sudden. The conversation dries up and you actually find that you're not really comaptible. I mean, there are just some things that have to be done in person: body language, touching, smiling, using your 5 senses you know.

Anyway, whenever somebody asks me for my PIN I just look at them like they're a meth addict and walk away... Don't Tell Me BBM (DTMBBM) Is this wrong? I don't care anymore.[IMG]//[/IMG]
    06-20-12 08:06 AM
    Don't tell me you can't keep the phone out of sight, while at the club.
    06-20-12 08:27 AM
    06-20-12 08:29 AM
    Or..... why don't you give them your PIN, have a BBM "relationship" to start with, then as things start moving along, instead of directly jumping to meeting-up, how about getting their number first through BBM and calling them a couple of times before meeting-up.

I find it kinda strange that a girl would be ok with giving out her PIN, chatting a bit and meeting up, but have a problem with the "chat over the phone" bit in the middle.

Si.
    06-20-12 08:47 AM
    I talk to people via BBM even when we're in the same room. It's just better that way. More emotions.

see
    06-20-12 08:50 AM
    Don't tell me you can't keep the phone out of sight, while at the club.
    True, but when I ask for a chick's number I take out my phone and she sees its a BB and offers her PIN instead. I guess it's easier to block someone via BBM than it is to block them from calling you, but my thing is that: texting just kills the possibility of any physical chemistry.
    06-20-12 02:30 PM
    Enjoy it while you can. When you've been married over 22 years, you don't get BBMs either, just an old form of communication. The middle finger sign language.
    BigBadWulf and Barljo like this.
    06-20-12 02:38 PM
    Or..... why don't you give them your PIN, have a BBM "relationship" to start with, then as things start moving along, instead of directly jumping to meeting-up, how about getting their number first through BBM and calling them a couple of times before meeting-up.

I find it kinda strange that a girl would be ok with giving out her PIN, chatting a bit and meeting up, but have a problem with the "chat over the phone" bit in the middle.

Si.
    The thing is, I find that when you meet a girl, it's better to not have any "deep" conversations any other way other than face-to-face. Anything other than face-to-face kills the impulse for me. It's like a quick fix. (don't even get me started on my deep hate of sexting)
    For instance, last week I went out on a proper date. Met the girl, swopped numbers and I called her to arrange a date. We went out for coffee and just talked and talked for ages. It was so fulfilling learning about each other, flirting, seeing realtime reactions in person. It all got me thinking about how BBM robs you of all that richness.

Don't get me wrong, for family and friends who live miles and miles away, BBM is a great tool to keep in contact. But for relationships, it's pretty damaging.
    06-20-12 02:39 PM
    BBM is but an tool in the arsenal. If it's crippling you, you're not using it right. As BL said, be happy they want to communicate at all.

Edit - And BS to it blocking any chance of physical chemistry. I should know
    06-20-12 02:46 PM
    true, but when i ask for a chick's number i take out my phone and she sees its a bb and offers her pin instead. i guess it's easier to block someone via bbm than it is to block them from calling you, but my thing is that: Texting just kills the possibility of any physical chemistry.
    :: Bingo!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-20-12 03:45 PM
    Maybe she's just not into you! You boys sure over think this a lot. Wow!!
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-20-12 04:18 PM
    Maybe she's just not into you! You boys sure over think this a lot. Wow!!
    :: Bingo!

06-20-12 05:27 PM
    I'm a first time BBM user and I think I'd like it having people to chat with who I wouldn't HAVE to talk to in real life.

It's nice to have that escape from reality where you can write what you want and just enjoy a conversation. No worries about physical attraction or what you have planned with them, etc. Just simplistic internet mingling.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    06-21-12 08:56 AM
    There should be more girls without Blackberry's than with them.

Are you from Canada OP ?

*Tell them you haven't got a data plan or you have ferocious arthritis of the thumbs since being an avid cab hailer !
    06-21-12 10:00 AM
    There should be more girls without Blackberry's than with them.

Are you from Canada OP ?

*Tell them you haven't got a data plan or you have ferocious arthritis of the thumbs since being an avid cab hailer !
    Why should there be more girls without them?

I'm a female and I'm just now getting into BB. Waiting for it to arrive in a few days via FedEx actually...

=]

06-22-12 06:35 AM
    Why should there be more girls without them?

I'm a female and I'm just now getting into BB. Waiting for it to arrive in a few days via FedEx actually...

=]

70 + Million Blackberry subscribers and a lot more Isheeps.

Did anyone see a recent @Uberfact Tweet this week: more iphones are sold daily than new babies are born
    06-22-12 06:41 AM
    I think women just tend to play it safe. The nice boy/girl they're chatting up in the bar/club and seem to have a spark with could turn out to be some bat crazy stalker. I speak from experience!!! I know I can block them from calling me once I give my number out, but who's to say my name won't be written in bathroom stalls across the country . I play it safe and give out an email addy or IM handle. I don't think I've ever given my PIN number to someone I just met in person, but I've had BBs a disproportionate amount of time compared to other platforms.

On the subject of BBM, it can definitely be used as a flirting tool!! You can have some meaningful conversations over BBM, get to know someone, and decide you trust them enoguh to take it to a face-to-face level.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    06-22-12 09:09 AM
    70 + Million Blackberry subscribers and a lot more Isheeps.

Did anyone see a recent @Uberfact Tweet this week: more iphones are sold daily than new babies are born
    For me that's insane. I find their phones to be all tapped out. They need something new. They are just milking their original reputation to the max.

Man, waiting for a new phone feels like forever.

I really think I'm going to like this BB.
    I wonder who'll be my first contact on BBM.

06-22-12 01:30 PM
    For me that's insane. I find their phones to be all tapped out. They need something new. They are just milking their original reputation to the max.

Yeah mad eh.

For your first BBM contact you'll have to go and see OP at that club hehe.
    06-22-12 02:04 PM

Check out my recent thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/social-...erious-730471/

Looks like a few people thought I was serious.. I suppose I asked for it when the title mentioned 'serious' though! That aside, I would be privileged to be your first contact. No marriage strings.

Back to topic. I think I agree with the opinion that BBM should be used as a tool, not the be all and end all. It's only damaging to a relationship if you let it be.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD