Ok so I borrowed my dad's truck to drive for a few days because my car needs an alternator and I have to wait till I get paid to get it. My dad made me promise that I'd drive careful and keep an eye on his truck. I parked it right outside my ap't bedroom window and checked on it before I went to bed- it was fine. I wake up this morning to go to work and the tail gate is gone! WTF?! I don't even live in ghetto apts, they are nice and right across the street from lackland afb. $450 for a new tailgate. This is complete garbage.
    10-10-08 05:58 PM
    Someone else probably got their tailgate stolen and decided to pass on the experience.
    10-10-08 06:08 PM
    I just hope I can find one used somewhere. I already need a new alternator and battery for my focus.
    10-10-08 06:28 PM
    sounds to me like it could have been scrap metal thieves.
    10-10-08 06:32 PM
    Ok so I borrowed my dad's truck to drive for a few days because my car needs an alternator and I have to wait till I get paid to get it. My dad made me promise that I'd drive careful and keep an eye on his truck. I parked it right outside my ap't bedroom window and checked on it before I went to bed- it was fine. I wake up this morning to go to work and the tail gate is gone! WTF?! I don't even live in ghetto apts, they are nice and right across the street from lackland afb. $450 for a new tailgate. This is complete garbage.
    Ghetto....nice choice of words. Some one could take offense.

Sorry the tailgate got lifted. Hope those black guys bring it back...oh wait, you said Lackland AFB...that's in TX....San Antonio area so it could have been some Hispanic or white guys as well.

Better choice of words...low income, it doesn't imply a particular group.

Just saying.
    10-10-08 06:37 PM
    Ghetto....nice choice of words. Some one could take offense.

Sorry the tailgate got lifted. Hope those black guys bring it back...oh wait, you said Lackland AFB...that's in TX....San Antonio area so it could have been some Hispanic or white guys as well.

Better choice of words...low income, it doesn't imply a particular group.

Just saying.
    So I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was scarcasm?
    10-10-08 06:48 PM
    Do crimes only happen in the ghetto or does the news only show the crimes that happen in the ghetto?
    10-10-08 06:49 PM
    Do like the thieves did, find a similar truck and take theirs. They'll just do the same and everybody will be happy for a little while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 06:53 PM
    So I am going to go out on a limb here and say this was scarcasm?
    I was being sarcastic and serious.
    10-10-08 06:56 PM
    i doubt they meant anything by the choice of words. with the way political correctness has gotten out of hand and everyone trying not to hurt anyones feelings, i don't even care if someone takes offense. maybe it'll toughen them up a little bit.

sorry to the op for getting off topic.
    10-10-08 07:17 PM
    i doubt they meant anything by the choice of words. with the way political correctness has gotten out of hand and everyone trying not to hurt anyones feelings, i don't even care if someone takes offense. maybe it'll toughen them up a little bit.

sorry to the op for getting off topic.
    umm he meant that what happened only happens in the ghetto--it did not hurt my feelings but I knew exactly what he meant and if he is being honest he will admit!!! there is no way to take what he said other that what I just said!
    10-10-08 07:33 PM
    umm he meant that what happened only happens in the ghetto--it did not hurt my feelings but I knew exactly what he meant and if he is being honest he will admit!!! there is no way to take what he said other that what I just said!
    Personally I was not offended either, but I could see how someone else could be. Just like the phrase "that's gay." It just sounds wrong.
    10-10-08 08:09 PM
    Personally I was not offended either, but I could see how someone else could be. Just like the phrase "that's gay." It just sounds wrong.
    So if you guys weren't offended, then why even bring it up?

10-10-08 08:13 PM
    So if you guys weren't offended, then why even bring it up?

When I read it, I was like that is offensive but I was not offended. I thought to myself---crime is not in the ghetto so I commented. I believe if you are not part of the solution (pointing out potentially comments in a respectful way) you are part of the problem (letting comments go without calling people out on them).
    10-10-08 08:17 PM
    if by me not caring what might or might not be potentially offensive i'm being part of problem then guess what. i still don't care.

and once again to the op. sorry for being off topic.

to the scrap metal theives comment, i agree it is possible and things like that do happen. but the amount of money to be made from one tailgate at current scrap prices is very little. not worth it based on what could happen if you got caught. however if you're the one stealing the tailgate i doubt you're thinking of it like that.
    10-10-08 08:29 PM
    When I read it, I was like that is offensive but I was not offended. I thought to myself---crime is not in the ghetto so I commented. I believe if you are not part of the solution (pointing out potentially comments in a respectful way) you are part of the problem (letting comments go without calling people out on them).
    I understand that crime isn't only in lower income areas, however I'm sure the OP had no slanted intentions by using the word "ghetto." He was simply expressing dismay and also his surprise that such a petty crime happened in a more upscale area.

I use the term "ghetto" to describe things all the time, and I don't think twice about how people may take that word. Call me PI, but it doesn't offend me. There are bigger battles to be won.

10-10-08 08:45 PM
    I understand that crime isn't only in lower income areas, however I'm sure the OP had no slanted intentions by using the word "ghetto." He was simply expressing dismay and also his surprise that such a petty crime happened in a more upscale area.

I use the term "ghetto" to describe things all the time, and I don't think twice about how people may take that word. Call me PI, but it doesn't offend me. There are bigger battles to be won.

Tomato tomatoe===I saw it as saying crimes only happen in ghetto and responded. We all use words in a joking manner without regard for feelings. I happen to believe the OP was not joking with this one. I happen to agree that people are too sensitive but I think part of that sensitivity comes in the response to what is said. There are bigger battles to be won, but some of them cant be won before the little ones!!!!
    10-10-08 08:52 PM
    I see your point, envied, and its valid. All I'm saying is that I don't believe the OP meant that crimes only occur in lower income areas. However, statistically speaking, they are more likely in these areas and in this demographic across the board.

10-10-08 08:54 PM
    I see your point, envied, and its valid. All I'm saying is that I don't believe the OP meant that crimes only occur in lower income areas. However, statistically speaking, they are more likely in these areas and in this demographic across the board.

Perhaps that is true, however, to allude to the fact that it cant happen anywhere is not cool. What do you mean by demographic (just asking for clarification--nothing else).
    10-10-08 08:59 PM
    Again. I don't think the OP meant it that way.

10-10-08 09:03 PM
    Again. I don't think the OP meant it that way.

we will agree to disagree (you will soon come to realize I am always right---it is only a matter time ) for real though---agree to disagree!!!!
    10-10-08 09:05 PM
    Lol. That's fine, but ill never see it your way.

PS - refer to my screen name.

10-10-08 09:08 PM
    all right come on people. the dude obviously had a bad little run of luck. quit trying to bring him down further by busting his chops.
    10-10-08 09:09 PM
    Lol. That's fine, but ill never see it your way.

PS - refer to my screen name.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! no need to see it my way, just understand that it is a possibilty (for now)
    10-10-08 09:12 PM
    I have a Toyota 4runner and had it parked in front of my boyfriends house for a couple hours in the early evening. When I walked out and started the engine my 4runner sounded like a Harley! Turned out someone stole my catylictic (spelling?) converter! Apparently these are HOT items as they resell it for the valuable metals inside. Who knew??

And this did not happen in a ghetto area either. Rather an upscale neighborhood in Orange County California!

Sorry had to throw in that "ghetto" reference considering it caused such an uproar! Lol!!

10-10-08 09:47 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD