I would like to share this story from today and I can't say I wasn't flabbergasted! So here's what happened: I decided to use my lunch hour to go get a haircut. Being in downtown Toronto, you can imagine that this was not the most unique idea I've ever had and so the barbershop was packed accordingly. While waiting for my turn in the chair, the shop owner begins walking around speaking to a few patrons. I'm intrigued, but I can't hear what he is saying. After a few moments he moves to the centre of the shop and says really loudly "Does ANYONE here have an iPhone?" Not a peep. A few people call out "Samsung!" others "Blackberry!" but no iPhones. Weird right? Apparently, he had a bunch of promotional in-car iPhone holders that he wanted to give away but he couldn't find any takers! I was very, very surprised that in a room full of people he couldn't find one iPhone. Just thought I would share with the good folks here on Crackberry!
    07-10-14 02:06 PM
    Great story. That is just the kind of tale to warm the cockles of a BB fan's heart. Thanks for sharing.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-10-14 03:01 PM
    I wouldn't say that's an isolated incident.. I'm not going to try and have anyone believe BlackBerry is #1 again.. (although having one today is definitely less ridiculed then a year ago) and sales numbers don't lie.. apple is still selling iphones.. a lot of them globally.. BUT i've definitely noticed a shift from a few years ago where it seemed everybody and their brother was carrying an iphone.. lately there have been less and less at least in the circles I travel.. even some people who were die hard apple for YEARS.. some now giving BB10 a try, many choosing android.. I don't think ive ever seen a windows phone in the wild as of yet (oh wait once, but she worked for Microsoft)

To me this is just proof that everything is cyclical.. BlackBerry once reigned supreme.. then it was apple.. now apple has begun to decline as google takes hold.. BlackBerry's time will come around again.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-10-14 03:02 PM
    Might actually be an interesting fact about the type of people who use iPhones and the type of people who go to barbershops during there lunch break.
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-10-14 03:21 PM
    Consider BlackBerry is number one preferred device in Toronto, it's not so shocking. However, I believe it's just one moment of time. Given another time in the same location, you might have a couple of iPhone users. Good story to share though OP.

Posted via CB10
    byrdbrained likes this.
    07-10-14 04:06 PM