I have seen a few of these in L.A and I have to say it is one bad a$$ looking car.

I love the Mopar Orange with black wheel look.

Any owners in here? I am seriously considering getting one this summer. Likes? Dislikes?

Let's hear from some owners or anybody else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 11:35 PM
    They're rollin all over Houston. Looks great...still waiting on the Camaro before I make a decision.

02-11-09 12:02 AM
    still waiting on the Camaro before I make a decision.

You gotta be careful with those. I was watching this documentary where some kid bought one and it turned into a 15 foot tall robot.
    02-11-09 12:27 AM
    You gotta be careful with those. I was watching this documentary where some kid bought one and it turned into a 15 foot tall robot.
    That story is unconfirmed.

02-11-09 12:43 AM
    That story is unconfirmed.

LMFAO! Right, I saw that. Wonder how much that upgrade is?

02-11-09 04:02 AM
    I've been to the dealer a few times (giving a co-worker a ride there to dropoff/pickup his truck).
    I've seen them up close, we looked at the engine, the interior, etc. Beautiful car. I was very into the Camaro when they first announced it, but seems like Dodge just jumped the gun first and pulled this beauty out.
    They only things I didn't like by seeing it upclose was that the interior and paint job seemed cheap. There were cars at the dealer that had spots where the paint was flaking off. Not a ding or scratch, but actually flaking off. On a couple of them looked as if the clear coat was the only problem, but we found one that had it all the way down to the color layer around the edge of the door.
    The interior looked cheaply done. I mean it looks cool, but the quality of the built wasn't impressive (well, considering the SRT8 has a $40K price tag, i'd expect a little more).
    In all honesty this thing is a bruiser, it is all engine, at least IMO it seems like that's where they dumped all their chips. The rest of the car is your typical Domestic generic build.
    Notice when you look at it in person, how close the body looks like the Camaro's prototype. I wouldn't be surprise if they're going to build the thing on the same or very similar frame.
    if you have seen the Camaro at the Shows, just change the rear tail, nose, and accessories, and the rest of the body looks almost identical.

I would rock one if the price tag wasn't so high. IMO is overpriced for what you're getting. Especially for the Magnum model. I could understand the SRT8 but the other one is very plain-jane-vanilla, and not worth the mid $30's price tag most have.
    02-11-09 01:47 PM
    Ouch, they supposed to start base around 23k for the v6 and yea, zoom up to the 42-43 range on the camaro SS and the Challenger SRT8 from what I've read.

02-11-09 04:02 PM
    They only things I didn't like by seeing it upclose was that the interior and paint job seemed cheap. There were cars at the dealer that had spots where the paint was flaking off. Not a ding or scratch, but actually flaking off. On a couple of them looked as if the clear coat was the only problem, but we found one that had it all the way down to the color layer around the edge of the door.
    The interior looked cheaply done. I mean it looks cool, but the quality of the built wasn't impressive (well, considering the SRT8 has a $40K price tag, i'd expect a little more).
    In all honesty this thing is a bruiser, it is all engine, at least IMO it seems like that's where they dumped all their chips. The rest of the car is your typical Domestic generic build.
    I didn't notice any flaws in the paint on the one I test drove so I can't comment on that. But you are correct about the interior. It's very spartan and does look "cheap" The only nice upgrade are the SRT8 seats. It would definitely need a dash kit. I would purchase a brushed aluminum or carbon fiber kit for the interior.

The Hemi really pulls through the gears. Nice feel. I do wish it had more of a rumble. Nothing like a deep throaty sound (yeah don't go there heh)

I could understand the SRT8 but the other one is very plain-jane-vanilla, and not worth the mid $30's price tag most have. .
    The R/T isn't that bad.....the other models are pretty much a waste though. Why even bother making them. It's like buying a berry that wont make calls just so you can say you own one.
    02-11-09 04:53 PM
    Ouch, they supposed to start base around 23k for the v6 and yea, zoom up to the 42-43 range on the camaro SS and the Challenger SRT8 from what I've read.
    Yep. Seems like that's Dodge's recipe for all their cars. A V6 model, a Magnum model, and a Hemi package. It is similar with their trucks. They did it with the Charger, and now with the Challenger. Now give it a year or two and they will come out with some ridiculous special edition high-horse power model that will make all of us drool and wish we hit the lotto.

The Hemi really pulls through the gears. Nice feel. I do wish it had more of a rumble. Nothing like a deep throaty sound (yeah don't go there heh)

The R/T isn't that bad.....the other models are pretty much a waste though. Why even bother making them. It's like buying a berry that wont make calls just so you can say you own one.
    The sound is nothing a nice exhaust upgrade/swap couldn't change 8) and yes it will sound mean as h3LL with a sports aftermarket setup.
    I think their lesser models are really for the people that want one just to have it. The V6 would be for your daily drivers that like a big car, the magnum 5.?? liter for the enthusiast, that may just buy it 'cause that's all he can afford or he plans to modify the h3LL out of it later, and the Hemi model for the serious guys. The Hemi one would be the one to buy if you plan on cashing on it later on, or the kind of car you keep forever. I think it will retain its value better.

On other related subjects, did you guys hear about the SRT10 (Concept car)? It is a 2009 Challenger with a 10cylinder VIPER ENGINE
    go drool here :
    go read here : The Viper is Dead. Long Live the Challenger SRT10 | Autopia from Wired.com

from : 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT10 Concept gets Viper Engine for SEMA Debut | Automotive.com 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT10 Concept gets Viper Engine for SEMA Debut Blog & Enthusiast Discussions
    Power for the 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT10 Concept comes from the Dodge Viper 8.4-liter, all-aluminum V-10 engine with 600 horsepower and 560 lb. ft. of torque. This new halo concept delivers the well-known SRT credo of benchmark performance. The Dodge Challenger SRT10 Concept includes a fresh coat of Tornado Red paint with a carbon-fiber deck lid and hood. The �shaker hood� is a nostalgic representation of the 1970 HEMI Cuda, giving the 600-hp Viper V-10 engine room to breathe. Brakes have been upgraded and BILSTEIN� shocks at all four corners improve handling balance. The interior boasts sport seats and carbon-fiber accents throughout and, of course, true to the Viper-powered vehicle lineage, a red engine start push-button in the dash.
    02-11-09 07:15 PM
    OH and have you heard of Henessyperformance.

They make high end aftermarket packages for cars. They have one for the SRT8 Jeep Cherokee and one for the SRT8 Charger. And of course : Hennessey Performance Engineering - Dyno Sheets and Time Slips Page
    One for the Challenger already hehe..

Their Charger twin turbo setup is pushing high to mid 11 seconds at the quarter mile. sick!! (just looked it up, apparently 11.76 seconds to be exact )
    Their SRT8 Jeep Cherokee is a little slower at 12.23
    Mind you...this car is 4x4
    02-11-09 07:21 PM
    Wow...I'm loving the return of the muscle cars. Any yes, me waiting will be worth it. There is a 2010 convertible camaro going to be released.

02-11-09 07:26 PM
    I take that back, I don't think is 4x4, well atleast not full time if not at all
    02-11-09 07:27 PM
    nope, I was right the first time, it is 4 wheel drive
    2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Specs, Photos, Pricing
    02-11-09 07:36 PM
    Your killing me over here with the SRT10 pstereo. You need to leave now : ) DAMNN!

I'm going to keep the video running on a continuous loop. Its times like this I wish I had Jay Lenos $$$ ; )

I can almost guarantee he has or will own one. I see him riding around up on Mulholland Drive in all kinds of crazy cars.

These Challengers are just sick.

Off topic: I thought I read that the convertable Camaro was going to be put on hold. Think the article was in Motor Trend.

02-11-09 08:11 PM
    Your killing me over here with the SRT10 pstereo. You need to leave now : ) DAMNN!

I'm going to keep the video running on a continuous loop. Its times like this I wish I had Jay Lenos $$$ ; )

I can almost guarantee he has or will own one. I see him riding around up on Mulholland Drive in all kinds of crazy cars.

These Challengers are just sick.

Off topic: I thought I read that the convertable Camaro was going to be put on hold. Think the article was in Motor Trend.

"Off topic: I thought I read that the convertable Camaro was going to be put on hold. Think the article was in Motor Trend"

Well thank you mr sunshine! Anymore more wonderful news you want to drop on my head? Huh?
    LOL

02-11-09 08:26 PM
    "Off topic: I thought I read that the convertable Camaro was going to be put on hold. Think the article was in Motor Trend"

Well thank you mr sunshine! Anymore more wonderful news you want to drop on my head? Huh?
    LOL

You Did Ask
    02-11-09 08:58 PM
    Wow.. I've been so out of the loop on things like cars... and movies... and life in general. This place is pretty much my social life besides work and my kids these days!

That camaro looks nice! I grew up in Tucson which is kind of the old car capitol of the usa I think.. I almost got a 67 camaro as my first car, but it had an oil leak and my dad didn't trust a 25 year old muscle car to his kid...
    02-11-09 09:27 PM

LOL

yes. Ill pick you up in my brand new Challenger, we'll hang out get some beers, head on over to Pappasitos and talk about what your going to do when you finally get that sweet Camaro......if they release it lol

Houston right?

02-11-09 10:33 PM
    yes. Ill pick you up in my brand new Challenger, we'll hang out get some beers, head on over to Pappasitos and talk about what your going to do when you finally get that sweet Camaro......if they release it lol

Houston right?

Lol, right..."Pappasitos" anytime!

02-12-09 05:11 AM
    I'll probably wait until they drop in price (3-4 years from now), maybe find one of them "deals you can't refuse" and buy it.
    'Cause otherwise for the money a new one would cost you could literally buy an used Corvette.
    02-12-09 02:42 PM
    Pfft.

My iPhone 3G does that.

Thats SOOO July 11th, 2008

I never thought I would get much use for it, but it helps fend off Storm Fan Bois.

I'm Kinda Sad I Sold my 2006 Mustang with 16k Miles Fully Customized with Roush Parts for Only 11k.

That Sure Was A Steal.

But I'm Enjoying my Land Rover Far More.

When those Zombies Rise from the Ground, I'll Be Ready!
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-12-09 at 03:22 PM.
    02-12-09 03:19 PM
    Pfft.

My iPhone 3G does that.

Thats SOOO July 11th, 2008

I never thought I would get much use for it, but it helps fend off Storm Fan Bois.

I'm Kinda Sad I Sold my 2006 Mustang with 16k Miles Fully Customized with Roush Parts for Only 11k.

That Sure Was A Steal.

But I'm Enjoying my Land Rover Far More.

When those Zombies Rise from the Ground, I'll Be Ready!
    Dang Prada!! I think I'm falling in love with you. I currently own a Silver '01 Roush Stage 3 Mustang. I do like Mustangs (Saleen, Roush, Steeda).
    02-12-09 04:37 PM
    I'll probably wait until they drop in price (3-4 years from now), maybe find one of them "deals you can't refuse" and buy it.
    'Cause otherwise for the money a new one would cost you could literally buy an used Corvette.
    I'll sell you mine then : )

I'd probobly keep it for a while longer though. I know I'd go crazy scouring the web for aftermarket parts and keep tweaking and dressing it up.

I had my mind set on getting a black SL55 AMG but there is just something about the Challenger that turns me on. I'd choose looks over price anyday. But thats just me.............
    02-12-09 04:43 PM
    I personally love the new challenger. The camaro not sure about yet though. But as with any american car the interiors suck if you want a quality interior there is only one option go european. if you want 500hp that is almost useless on anything but a drag strip go american muscle, and enjoy the wonderfully useless burnouts you can now do.
    personally i would love to get a challenger and do a dukes of hazzard theme....i know its a challenger not a charger but it would still be cool i think.

the sl55 is a great great car i cant possibly say enough good things you would never regret going that route

earlier someone mentioned the srt8 jeep google srt8 jeep hennessy its a TT version and its absolutely nasty smoking all 4 wheels from a roll... crazy
    02-12-09 05:16 PM
    ^^exactly.

The first time I saw the video of the SRT8 Jeep Cherokee, I saw myself at the parking lot of a local grocery store just cranking the engine until a big VROOOOOM vrrrrrrvrrrmmmvvrrmmm (that was my attempt at typing what a domestic would sound with aftermarket cams and racing exhaust hehehe), and just scaring the beegezus out of old ladies and children as I drive by.

Or sitting at a light with some punk in a semi-sporty car, and I just pull out of the light like a bat out of h3LL.

People may ask "why?" well, because I can hehehehehe.
    02-12-09 05:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD