This maybe OT, but why does it always feel like 11/12 months out of the year is Black History Month?

Are there different flavors of Black History that are celebrated on different months?

This isn't meant as a mean post. I'm openly admitting my ignorance on the issue.

Maybe someone can clarify it for me.
    I think technically it is only February. Though I do feel like it is stretched out a lot longer.

What if I wanted a White History month? Similar to the Confederate Month. Neither of those will happen.
    04-13-10 09:17 AM
    No there is only one black history month, maybe its just location that makes it seem this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 09:20 AM
    There is no such thing as a white race!

Maybe Caucasian...

So, how about Caucasian History Month?
    04-13-10 09:26 AM
    That's just called history...

Shouldn't make a difference what color your skin is, history is history.
    04-13-10 09:29 AM
    Sorry I wasn't politically correct. But Black isn't a race. Its African American.

Nick your right. However, like I said in my other posts, people of certain groups still wanna separate themselves from everyone else and make something all about them.

04-13-10 09:35 AM
    Kan I haz yooman histerie month pl0x?
    04-13-10 09:37 AM
    There is no such thing as a white race!

Maybe Caucasian...

So, how about Caucasian History Month?
    I don't think that would be a proper name, since most white people are not from the causus mountains at all. Maybe you should stick with white history month.

04-13-10 09:39 AM
    And black is just fine, I don't know any of my black family members that have been to africa lol, or was born there. Shoot some africans don't even like american blacks. I went because I was deployed there by the army so it wasn't even by choice. Plus politicians an so for refer to blacks a black people all the time.

04-13-10 09:43 AM
    To me, the Confederate battle flag symbolizes people who had the guts to stand up for what they believed in, which was that the system was unfair because they didn't have the votes to swing political balance their way and they didn't like that, so they tried to secede.

Slavery wasn't the main issue, and remember, may in the North still condoned slavery also, or actively participated. Also remember that Lincoln didn't want to free the slaves, but wanted to do what he could to try holding the Unon together as I recall.

And to me a black man in the army the confederate flag stands for treason. And they deserved to get there flag burned for commiting it. It has nothing to do with race at all I think its disrespectful mainly because to the victor goes the spoils not the loser. And although slavery wasn't the main cause of the civil war it was definitley an importnat part of it. "The courage to stand up for what they believe in" hahahahahahaha how lame go tell that to osama bin ladin. Were going to hang your al qaida flags because of your noble courage hahahahaha aww man good one.

04-13-10 09:49 AM
    I don't think that would be a proper name, since most white people are not from the causus mountains at all. Maybe you should stick with white history month.

White denotes lack of pigment.

And its quite obvious that the majority of the human populace have pigment, regardless of skin tone.

So white is improper, sir.
    04-13-10 09:52 AM
    White denotes lack of pigment.

And its quite obvious that the majority of the human populace have pigment, regardless of skin tone.

So white is improper, sir.
    Lol well hey call it what you want, I wouldn't care I'd let my son learn about whatever white, caucasian, scotish, irish etc. history month had to offer it all history to me.

04-13-10 09:55 AM
    Human History Month FTW! lol
    04-13-10 10:03 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD