I'm enjoying the app and I'm having thoughts...who's got one? I am really preferring one app fits all but if it fits in my bag then maybe...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 04:10 PM
    I DL'd the app a couple weeks ago but have yet to use it. I want a real Kindle though. Even though I love old, smelly books. Haha.
    03-02-10 04:12 PM
    I've been waiting for the app and I think I want a Kindle! Didn't care before lol! Maybe that's why they have the app to hook you lol! Though there's something about holding a book but cheaper prices for e-books...just seems more portable...I may be wanting to go digital!
    03-02-10 04:18 PM
    Kindle seems like a rip off and a fad to me.

Electronics eventually break down, there's no way around that. So I'd rather just have a hard copy or (if I had the money) just have both.
    03-02-10 04:32 PM
    I've been waiting for the app and I think I want a Kindle! Didn't care before lol! Maybe that's why they have the app to hook you lol! Though there's something about holding a book but cheaper prices for e-books...just seems more portable...I may be wanting to go digital!
    03-02-10 04:34 PM
    I have the kindle and put the kindle app on my storm 2 when it came out. I love it, except for the newspapers. I still get the paper thrown every day because the houston chronicle does not have all on the kindle. Maybe they will get there one day, but until then I gotta have my paper. And yes, I still love touching the physical paper, but I adapted easily to books on the kindle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 04:48 PM
    Got a Kindle 2 for Christmas...I now find myself reading much more (and spending even more on Amazon)...but I love it, especially on the subway. I was reading Lewis Black the last few days and started laughing at random...the office monkey's looked at me like I was asking them for heroin or something

I haven't tried the Blackberry app yet and I doubt I ever will...part of using the Kindle is the e-ink display - it makes reading so much easier.
    03-13-10 11:46 PM
    No. Nothing electronic will ever come close to approximating the experience of
    a REAL book, magazine, newspaper. EVER!
    sputneek likes this.
    03-13-10 11:54 PM
    After reading in bed much of the morning yesterday (and consequently running my battery down) I decided I was hooked and I'd like one! I wonder if can find one second hand....I'm cheap! I haven't seen them on Amazon like you can get any other item used. Maybe somewhere else.
    03-14-10 05:33 AM
    Kindle 3 with 3g + wifi (both free to access Amazon to borrow or buy books if you have Amazon Prime you can borrow certain books, to) coming today. I considered the PB and the Kindle 3. I evaluated my needs and the Kindle 3 fit them more. Also have the leather lighted case coming with it.

I am reading a lot more with my Sony ereader but their selection of titles (including Google books) isn't that appealing. I have some classics and a few books on it so far. Bought it used. Decided going for the Kindle 3 without the advertising popups (cost an extra $50 at purchase but the ads don't bother you. To me it's well worth it.

Already subscribe to the NY Times via my computer. They wanted $15 a month for their app on top of the $20 a month for the subscription. I didn't go for the app. At least I don't have to toss the paper edition out each day. Also the carbon footprint of delivery is eliminated with online reading.
    03-14-12 03:15 AM
    I totally agree! With that being said, I bought a Nook Tablet I like the fact I can carry thousands of books (not that I have EVER read that many books) on one small device and not worry about packing three or four books when I travel.
    03-14-12 06:20 AM
    I tired kindle on my playbook. I didn't like it much. I found Book Reader, it's a much better program, opens all my .mobi files.
    03-15-12 10:00 PM
    I got my wife the Kindle Fire...she absolutely loves it.

I've got the kindle app on my phone and Asus Transformer tablet...works great for me. Ive also got a few books purchased through B&N Nook.
    03-16-12 06:34 AM
    i got a kindle 3g one about 6 mths ago cost me 180 pounds and to be honest its just sat in my draw not been used only payed for about 10 books the rest idownloaded from torrent sites and installed me self im going on holiday in 6weeks and plan of taking it then i would love a kindle fire when they come out over here
    04-08-12 01:21 PM
    I got a Kindle Fire. It doesn't get much love with my PlayBook around.
    04-08-12 08:14 PM
    Kindle Fire has a backlit screen, so can't be read in sunlight. I bought a Kobo with eInk and an sd card slot, for reading on the beach.

I have 850 books on it, ebooks are lighter and thinner than tablets and easier to hold for longer times.
    04-08-12 08:53 PM
    I have the Kindle Touch

I love it so so so much.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930- 7.1.0.340
    04-10-12 09:54 AM
    Used to have a Kindle Fire but I traded it for a Galaxy Tab Plus.
    04-10-12 10:45 AM
    heck no!

10 char
    05-16-12 02:59 AM
    I have a Kindle Fire. My kids love using it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-16-12 03:30 AM
    I opted for a Nook with no regrets.
    05-16-12 04:53 AM
    Nope, that's for sure and my wife who is an avid reader would completely agree with you. She now reads everything on her playbook , plainly for convenience as she spends a lot of time commuting, one less item in her bag. She draws the line at newspapers though and really misses her books.
    05-25-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD