The condition: The diminutive keyboards on BlackBerrys, Treos, Sidekicks and other QWERTY phones can wreak havoc on one's ability to signal approval with a good old "thumbs up." Pain, numbness, swelling and tendinitis are all symptoms of what the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) officially recognizes as "BlackBerry Thumb," caused by overworking the one digit that separates us from the apes.

How to prevent or cure it:
    Avoid BlackBerry Thumb by typing with your fingers instead of your thumbs, and not typing for more than few minutes at once. If you're already stricken with the ailment, several massage therapists now offer massages specifically for the treatment of BlackBerry Thumb. Engadget founder Pete Rojas went for one, which he chronicles here. Pete's assessment: "I don't think a single massage can remedy years of abuse!"

LOL - it is just all about the bb today!
    05-05-09 01:16 PM
    I've never experienced BlackBerry thumb, because I use my phone in moderation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 01:18 PM
    This can be filed with other medical industry creations such as
    Restless Leg Syndrome.
    05-05-09 01:31 PM
    hahahaha...good one..lady that use to work with me had that..also feel alseep at her desk LOL!
    05-05-09 01:38 PM
    Restless Leg Syndrome.
    Thank you for that as I would have made a really smart a$$ comment....
    05-05-09 01:45 PM
    they came up with a cure for RLS... its called get more excersise you lazy bum..
    05-05-09 01:51 PM
    Pft, if SNES didn't give me this then I'm not worried. Haha.. oh Super Mario Land..
    05-05-09 04:03 PM
    Restless Leg Syndrome.
    Man I'm glad you're around here, hahaha
    05-05-09 04:16 PM
    i def. have this, lol.
    05-05-09 04:20 PM
    hahaha....it says to type with your finger..so what place the bb on the table and peck with fingers LOL!!
    05-05-09 04:32 PM
    Had thumb pain for about a month, now the calluses don't let me feel them very much at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 03:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD