Oh contraire! Just because it's "off," doesn't mean there is nothing to check...if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise? Your darn right it does! Seeing that red light flashing when you wake up is just too tempting, ha.
    Au contraire back atcha, there is a tree in a forest somewhere that
    just fell, made a noise, I didn't hear it, and ain't worried about it

There is nothing my BB does at 3am that is worth me waking up for.
    07-08-08 03:43 PM
    Yeah I check my whenever I wake up in the middle of the night. Seems to put me back asleep. LOL! I'm so addicted.
    07-08-08 03:45 PM
    Never, i love waking up in the morning and see what messages my BB got for me, is its way of saying good morning to me (this and the alarm of course).
    07-08-08 07:01 PM
    when i sleep im knocked out. but when i usually use my bb till i fall asleep
    07-08-08 07:50 PM
    i always check my phone whenever when i wake up in the middle of the night.

07-08-08 08:36 PM
    ...of course!
    07-08-08 08:49 PM
    I think that ANY crackberry addict will ALWAYS check their BB when they roll over and flip the pillow to the cold side
    07-08-08 08:54 PM
    I always bring my phone in the bathroom i always get a funny look when I pick it up and say " im going to to bathroom i'll be back in awhile with a smile on my face. I think its counter productive though , I spend more time in there because I get reading something and loose track of whats going on......lol come on you have done it too ...
    LOL I have so done this! At work anyway.
    07-08-08 09:00 PM
    My BlackBerry is next to me and since I am not wearing a watch I usually tend to check my mobile phone to see what time it is (when I wake up). If it is just an hour or so before I usually get up but this way I also tend to check for emails even in the middle of night.
    I use the auto on/off settings which turns my Curve off late into the evening and on again right before I usually get up. So if I wake up in the middle of the night, I'd have to physically turn on my Berry to check messages and I couldn't imagine anything that important that couldn't wait until morning.

So yes I'd think that it's kind of compulsive to check your BB in the middle of the night.

I'd, however, be more concerned about the idea of leaving a BB on all night and continually be woken up with message alerts. That would drive me nuts.
    07-08-08 09:06 PM
    There is nothing my BB does at 3am that is worth me waking up for.
    In a word ... Amen.
    07-08-08 09:08 PM
    I only shower without my bb and if it was water proof i would shower with it. Once Alltel get the mms fixed on the pearl I will get my wife one so she will stop YELLING at me to put it away (my bb that is). I do get up in the middle of the night and check for text and emails. I only shut down when showering in the morning.
    07-08-08 09:22 PM
    I only shower without my bb and if it was water proof i would shower with it.
    Ziplock freezer bags! (No, I've never done that, but one time I was waiting on a VERY important call but I needed to take a shower and I was really tempted to try this.)

As to the original question... yes! I fall asleep to my blackberry every night... usually on Crackberry or playing Tetris. When I wake up, which happens often, I grab my blackberry! I have really bad insomnia and can't stand just laying in bed so I let my Pearly keep my company!

There is a poll already about Crackin in the bathroom and the response was OVERWHELMINGLY "yes". Check it out here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f45/do-...rest-room-995/

i usually do. but i don't post, because i figured that nobody's on. but next time i do check it in the middle of the night i will post.
    You would be surprised how many of us are on here reading and responding in the wee hours - you should join us!
    07-08-08 09:49 PM
    I don't usually check my BB in the middle of the night... Funny story though, last night the power went out & it is VERY dark out in the country. So picture this... 5:30am and my wife & I are both walking around the house using our Curves as flashlights just so that she will have enought light to get ready for work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 09:56 PM
    Not usually. But the green LED sure makes a great navigation light for the bedroom. My wife has her's on as well (she uses the alarm) and with both green lights flashing it can look like a taxiway at an airport.
    It does make a great "night light"
    07-08-08 09:58 PM
    I don't usually check it in the middle of the night. I definitely would not get any sleep if I did.
    07-08-08 10:31 PM
    i agree eyez from bk (yay) lol but sometimes i give in....

and stay up

for hours
    07-08-08 10:38 PM
    i agree eyez from bk (yay) lol but sometimes i give in....

and stay up

for hours

Yea me 2 like I'm doing now. I should be sleep. I have 2 get up 6am and its 11:48 here in BK
    07-08-08 10:49 PM
    If i happen to wake up to go to the bathroom or something i will check my berry. It happens more than i realize that i do check my blackberry tho overnight.
    07-09-08 10:30 AM
    NOPE! Not even if I hear the chime! I just ignore it and go back to sleep.
    07-09-08 01:03 PM
    I usually sleep through the night on the odd occasion that I wake up I usually don't think about my phone even if I have to stumble into the bathroom I don't look at it but that could be because I'm still 99% sleeping....lol

I don't look at my phone until I hit snooze on alarms pro.
    07-09-08 01:07 PM
    Yes I do.. there's someone special on my bbm and I always look to see if he wrote me.
    10-16-08 06:56 PM
    Mine is right beside me when I sleep. If I happen to wake up then I check for that glorious red LED :-).

10-16-08 07:38 PM
    I did for the first time last night.

10-16-08 07:43 PM

Yep! I confess, I ck mine too. I use my bb for an alarm clock also.

10-16-08 07:43 PM
    all the time. the first thing i check is my viigo then then the weather bug forcast and my email.
    10-16-08 07:52 PM
203 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD