I think most newbies like me read more than we post. I've yet to welcome someone because I'm still a little like a visitor in the hotel lobby. But then again, I was gonna post a while ago but didn't want to b e accused of posting just to get my numbers up... lol
    Nobody's gonna accuse you unless you are doing it LOL. Just kidding. It's interesting to hear everyone's perspective newbie or not.
    09-04-08 08:23 PM
    It took me awhile to get to Master. I answer what I know and help out as much as I can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Were you trying to reach master status or you just looked up one day and there it was? Do you try to help out when the question has been answered and you haven't no more to add? Just asking.
    09-04-08 08:26 PM
    I think ScandaLex hit it on the nose when he said that it was to reinforce. Even when I was a newbie and posted, if I saw three people post (2 with under 100 posts and 1 with 2,000+), I would feel a lot better when the one with the higher post count confirmed.

The two hour thing... That can be the same thing or like with me... I am at work and take the time to write something and don't finish. By the time I get a chance to post, it will be minutes/hours later and I will hit reply button.

Edit: I actually like to hit the threads with 0 to little replies. I'll even go back a page or two to ensure there aren't any unanswered. This is the main reason why if someone responds to a thread I've been through, it's rare I go back if it's a thread with lots of replies.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 09-04-08 at 08:44 PM.
    09-04-08 08:40 PM

I actually like to hit the threads with 0 to little replies. I'll even go back a page or two to ensure there aren't any unanswered. This is the main reason why if someone responds to a thread I've been through, it's rare I go back if it's a thread with lots of replies.
    That's exactly what I look for too. There's so many that are answered by a link in someone's sig anymore, that the real deal problems are actually refreshing to see.
    One thing I do wish there was more of is a final reply from the OP's saying their problem's solved or their question's answered..
    09-04-08 08:56 PM
    Hey guys...just wondering why anyone would get annoyed with someone for posting the same answer as someone has previously. To me, it's really no big deal. I love this site because of the friendly atmosphere and if someone posted the same answer to a question, so be it. More important ish to worry about anyway. LOL...we've got a moose shooting VP nominee to worry about! No flames...was just kidding!!!!
    Moose shootin' - that is freekin awesome!!!!! :-)))))))
    09-04-08 10:05 PM
    I actually think that if a couple different people answer the same thing and reenforce the original answer, it gives it more weight, simply due to the fact that several members agree on the same solution to an op's issue. But that's just me.

09-04-08 10:13 PM
    I actually think that if a couple different people answer the same thing and reenforce the original answer, it gives it more weight, simply due to the fact that several members agree on the same solution to an op's issue. But that's just me.
    I agree, the only time it annoys me is when the OP says "Thanks, that worked)
    and people still insist on posting the answer. Just let the thread die.
    09-04-08 10:17 PM
    well as for me i try and help alos when i can but i would also be liear if i said sometimes i just help out to see my number post count go up. just some honesty for you.
    09-04-08 10:22 PM
    well as for me i try and help alos when i can but i would also be liear if i said sometimes i just help out to see my number post count go up. just some honesty for you.
    sorry for some misspelled words trying to type to fast. (post count 2 lol)
    09-04-08 10:23 PM
    I think I have done all of those things, but my intent here is to help people and have some fun too. I hate it when a joke falls flat, how embarrassing . I really get a kick out of figuring a problem out and posting it. I know a couple of times I have gone off to test something to make sure a possible solution will work and come back to find the question answered. That's when I'll confirm, ha-ha. Hate to let work go to waste. You'll almost never find me in the newbie section, but when I was at something like 994 posts, I went in to welcome some people to get to a thousand before bed. I admit it I did it. Anyway, my goal is to help people and I hope that comes through.
    09-04-08 10:59 PM
    Hello All,

I am just curious to know how many people reply to threads just to get their numbers up to move to another crackberry user level. A lot of times, someone asks a question and there will be 15 responses and 10 of the responses said exactly the same thing as the one before.

Now I know sometimes we are writing at the same time someone else is posted and as soon as we submit ours we see 2 other people have already responded. That's understandable. But I am talking about the users that respond 2 hours later and didn't add anything to the existing posts and said exactly the same thing someone else said 2 hours earlier. Or is it just confirming what someone said so the person who asked the question has more confidence in the answer? Is confirming an answer really neccessary if you aren't adding anything new to the discussion? How much confirmation is too much?

It doesn't bother me, just wondering what you guys think.
    You can tell if the answers are real short or if they're repetitious. You've pretty much answered your own question.
    09-04-08 11:05 PM
    I'm pretty new here too but I honestly try to be as helpful as I can. I've learned a lot by playing around with my Berry as well as from reading posts here.

Not only does posting up your "user level" but it also integrates you with the community. I am trying to be an active participant here- not just raise my user level.
    09-04-08 11:14 PM
    The only time it bothers me is when like a half hour later someone will post "ya what blueberry said" or something to that effect. I do think that multiple answers make newbs feel better about their question but if you're going to answer it actually answer it lol don't just say ya what he said. Ok rant over lol

09-04-08 11:22 PM
    1. Welcoming a newbie with multiple posts makes the newbie feel better.

2. Reinforcing an opinion (a correct opinion of course) with multiple posts from "masters" or "geniuses" makes the OP feel more confident about the answer to his/her question.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Personally, post count doesnt matter to me but maybe it does to some people....just like some people like creating meaningless threads.
    09-04-08 11:36 PM
    The only time it bothers me is when like a half hour later someone will post "ya what blueberry said" or something to that effect. I do think that multiple answers make newbs feel better about their question but if you're going to answer it actually answer it lol don't just say ya what he said. Ok rant over lol

Yeah. What he said.

09-04-08 11:41 PM
    maybe we are just chatty people and wanna get our .02 cents in
    09-04-08 11:42 PM
    never judge someone by their post count...but from quality of their posts
    I've been lurking in this forum for almost a year, before decided to buy a blackberry and sign up for an account here.
    09-04-08 11:45 PM
    Yeah. What he said.

Lol you crack me up

09-04-08 11:47 PM
    Moving it to off topic, now that's some lowdown'justlostme2postsinmycount dirty moddin stuff. .

09-05-08 12:10 AM
    I mostly agree with what everyone has said so far

/me hides

09-05-08 12:26 AM
    I try to help were I can, but I have to admit its nice to see the count go up so I'm not listed as a newbie anymore.
    09-05-08 01:25 AM
    Can anyone tell me how many posts I have? I'm on wap right now and can't see. I plan on going to Tahiti when I reach 100 posts.

09-05-08 01:56 AM
    Can anyone tell me how many posts I have? I'm on wap right now and can't see. I plan on going to Tahiti when I reach 100 posts.

Looks like you have 94 at this time.
    09-05-08 02:01 AM
    omg i certainly do
    09-05-08 04:11 PM
    post sometimes to raise my count
    09-05-08 04:12 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD