Thanks! One more hit for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-08 05:50 PM
    well im just too lazy to delete my responses. it takes a lot out of me to type them. hahaha
    another!
    09-04-08 05:52 PM
    Haha .. well I have been here for a few months now and I can say that until I read this thread I had never noticed that people have different lil colored balls next to there name to show difference in the members .. and just noticed on the right side that it shows how many post people have done !! haha ..SO as you can see I am not in it to have a high number of post .
    those are just to show if you are online or not...

green=online
    gray-offline
    09-04-08 06:06 PM
    those are just to show if you are online or not...

green=online
    gray-offline
    Ha ha .. see what I mean !! thanks for letting me know I always wondered !
    09-04-08 06:09 PM
    Ha ha .. see what I mean !! thanks for letting me know I always wondered !
    no problem!
    09-04-08 06:12 PM
    Yeah I know sometimes people will post and reinforce an answer or something, but this question was not geared to those. Also, I know some people post at the same time (which I already addressed). As I stated, I am talking about those who add absolutely nothing and respond like 2 hours later and said the exact same thing as someone else did an hour ago.

For instance, there's a post going on about VZW not letting you type of 160 characters. Now 3 people already responded a while ago saying you can use MMS instead because it will allow you to typ up to 1000 characters. Now they all said that around the same time, so that's cool. 1 1/2 hours later after the person says "thanks for your response" a "genius" posts "you can make it an MMS message, you can type up to 1000". WTF!!!??? Was this needed LOL. Just makes me laugh sometimes.
    No where did I say your post was geared to those that reinforce anything. Before you decide to admonish me, you should have taken the time to actually consider what I took the time to point out.

Let's also point out that as the OP of this thread, you did something VERY common to garnering higher post count. You posted something at 4:13 pm. At 4:16 pm you decide to post something else.

Now, here's the NEWS FLASH - since you were the LAST poster at 4:13 pm, you, for the sake of not increasing your post count, could have clicked edit and added that next sentence INSTEAD of creating a new post for it.

See what happens when you attempt to put someone else on BLAST - I know how to blast back. So in essence, you did pretty much the equivalent of what your initial post is all about!!

Haha .. well I have been here for a few months now and I can say that until I read this thread I had never noticed that people have different lil colored balls next to there name to show difference in the members .. and just noticed on the right side that it shows how many post people have done !! haha ..SO as you can see I am not in it to have a high number of post .
    Actually, that colored ball you speak of just lets you know whose online. If they're not here, the color is gray.
    09-04-08 06:14 PM

Actually, that colored ball you speak of just lets you know whose online. If they're not here, the color is gray.
    Yeah learning new stuff every day I just read post and write back to help when I can ..
    09-04-08 06:17 PM
    LOL you should see the n00b forums....

Some new BB user asks a legit question, the thread gets 50 replies just saying "Welcome to CB!" or something similar, and in the end no one answers the question.

It's always nice and polite to greet and welcome newcomers but it's obvious that a lot of users are just "padding" their post-count.

btw...... Welcome to CB! =D

*this reply was made solely to increase DAP1MP13's post-count*

Was just getting ready to type this myself. The only thing that makes me mad about it is whenever they don't answer or even show that they read their question.
    09-04-08 06:19 PM
    I don't why a high post count was such a big deal.

I've posted lots of times just to be friendly, but not always helpful. I think sometimes when you see a post 2 1/2 hours later, the poster just hasn't had time to read through the whole thread. Kind of an impulse thing, I guess.
    09-04-08 06:20 PM
    Was just getting ready to type this myself. The only thing that makes me mad about it is whenever they don't answer or even show that they read their question.
    I dont get mad; I get annoyed because its clear many times when someone didnt even bother to read the thread from the start; just jumped in & started yappin'
    09-04-08 06:21 PM
    im guilty at times
    09-04-08 06:22 PM
    I don't why a high post count was such a big deal.

I've posted lots of times just to be friendly, but not always helpful. I think sometimes when you see a post 2 1/2 hours later, the poster just hasn't had time to read through the whole thread. Kind of an impulse thing, I guess.
    If a person doesnt have time to read thru the whole thread, esp when it's a long one, then why post. Chances are high that they have completely missed what the thread is all about.

I for one prefer to read the entire thread rather than hang off the coattail of the last poster.
    09-04-08 06:24 PM
    I don't have a large number of posts because I only respond if I have something to add or a relevant comment. I don't post just to increase my post count. That doesn't mean I'm not here every day reading the forums, gaining knowledge and insight into my passion-Blackberrys! I don't look at someone's post count, I look at how long they are members and what they have to say. Anyone can have thousands of posts. If they are all meaningless, whats the point?
    09-04-08 06:26 PM
    Hey guys...just wondering why anyone would get annoyed with someone for posting the same answer as someone has previously. To me, it's really no big deal. I love this site because of the friendly atmosphere and if someone posted the same answer to a question, so be it. More important ish to worry about anyway. LOL...we've got a moose shooting VP nominee to worry about! No flames...was just kidding!!!!
    09-04-08 06:27 PM
    If a person doesnt have time to read thru the whole thread, esp when it's a long one, then why post. Chances are high that they have completely missed what the thread is all about.

I for one prefer to read the entire thread rather than hang off the coattail of the last poster.
    Hmmm....ok you have a point there, but some of the threads have many, many pages. What's the big deal anyway? If it bothers anyone so much, just skip the replies. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    09-04-08 06:28 PM
    Probably. That's the case on every messageboard I've ever been on. Post Count is important to some folks... *shrugs*
    09-04-08 06:29 PM
    Anyone can have thousands of posts. If they are all meaningless, whats the point?

WELL SAID ...
    09-04-08 06:31 PM
    I think most newbies like me read more than we post. I've yet to welcome someone because I'm still a little like a visitor in the hotel lobby. But then again, I was gonna post a while ago but didn't want to b e accused of posting just to get my numbers up... lol
    09-04-08 07:12 PM
    I think most newbies like me read more than we post. I've yet to welcome someone because I'm still a little like a visitor in the hotel lobby. But then again, I was gonna post a while ago but didn't want to b e accused of posting just to get my numbers up... lol
    LOL....And make sure if you do post, that you read through the entire thread before you do.

And....welcome!!!
    09-04-08 07:17 PM
    but does that really bother people? i mean ive been in the middle of typing response when someone would beat me to the punch. you cant help that
    If you read the post correctly you will see that I said that I am not talking about while you are typing and someone else post at the same time you do. We are talking about those that come an hour and a half later after the answer has been given several times and thy come and say the same exact thing. Thats what we are talking about.
    09-04-08 08:03 PM

No where did I say your post was geared to those that reinforce anything. Before you decide to admonish me, you should have taken the time to actually consider what I took the time to point out.

Let's also point out that as the OP of this thread, you did something VERY common to garnering higher post count. You posted something at 4:13 pm. At 4:16 pm you decide to post something else.

Now, here's the NEWS FLASH - since you were the LAST poster at 4:13 pm, you, for the sake of not increasing your post count, could have clicked edit and added that next sentence INSTEAD of creating a new post for it.

See what happens when you attempt to put someone else on BLAST - I know how to blast back. So in essence, you did pretty much the equivalent of what your initial post is all about!!

Ok here's what the original post said... when I talked about confirming do you think i may have meant hmmmmm reinforcing. Please read the whole thing. And if you can't understand plain english, I understand. Thanks.

Hello All,

I am just curious to know how many people reply to threads just to get their numbers up to move to another crackberry user level. A lot of times, someone asks a question and there will be 15 responses and 10 of the responses said exactly the same thing as the one before.

Now I know sometimes we are writing at the same time someone else is posted and as soon as we submit ours we see 2 other people have already responded. That's understandable. But I am talking about the users that respond 2 hours later and didn't add anything to the existing posts and said exactly the same thing someone else said 2 hours earlier. Or is it just confirming what someone said so the person who asked the question has more confidence in the answer? Is confirming an answer really neccessary if you aren't adding anything new to the discussion? How much confirmation is too much?

It doesn't bother me, just wondering what you guys think.
    09-04-08 08:06 PM
    I always post welcomes to the newbies because if I was a noob and saw that one particular person welcomed everyone BUT me, I might feel a little left out. I just like to welcome everyone equally. At the end of the day, who really cares? Its a social place and we're social creatures and sometime we just want to "talk"
    You're looking at one thing. It doesn't have to be a post about something being welcomed to CB. Obviously they are going to get a lot of "welcomes". We're talking about when someone is asking a question and it was answered 2 hours ago. What is the point in coming back 2 hours and saying the same exact thing 5 people said? You haven't added anything new to the discussion and shooting what should be an outdated post back to the top for more people to say the same thing. I believe a lot of people want to get their numbers up so they can become crackberry geniuses one day lol. Not all but a lot.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 09-04-08 at 08:25 PM.
    09-04-08 08:09 PM
    It took me awhile to get to Master. I answer what I know and help out as much as I can.

09-04-08 08:10 PM
    I dont get mad; I get annoyed because its clear many times when someone didnt even bother to read the thread from the start; just jumped in & started yappin'
    That's true. That probably contributes a lot to these types of posts especially when they may be a couple pages long, they don't bother to read what others have said. I see a lot that people read the original post and then go right to their answer and its been 10-15 replies and because the last person didn't read through, they didn't realize that they were 1) saying the same thing or 2) wrong.
    09-04-08 08:13 PM
    Hmmm....ok you have a point there, but some of the threads have many, many pages. What's the big deal anyway? If it bothers anyone so much, just skip the replies. Don't sweat the small stuff.
    I think your missing the point. While some people may be annoyed by this, the original thought of this thread was just being curious. Not to bring **** against duplicate posters. Just to see what people think and their motives behind posting these things. The reason I was curious because I have been on a few threads the past week and the original question of the thread was answered 5 more times like two pages ago. The discussion then lead to other questions and then come somebody 2 days after the question has been answered, had the nerve to quote me (in which we were in an entirely different discussion) and said the same thing that was posted 2 days ago. So when that happens about 4 times in the past 2 days, it got me to wondering, why do people respond hours or sometimes days later and their answer is the same and hasn't added anything to the discussion.

This thread has been helpful because it helps me see the different reasons why people do it therefore making it less annoying. As we find out people have many different motives on why they do what they do. Just interested in people's perspectives. So instead of brushing off the discussion, its a learning experience not an attack. Thanks.
    09-04-08 08:22 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD