so i wanted people's opinions on two face. i thought he was a bigger villain than he was portrayed in this one. to have him "born" and killed in the same movie, in the same last part of the movie, REALLY surprised me.

i was also very surprised that Rachel died. insane! i was also sad Lucius quit!

God this movie was packed full of amazingness.

what do you y'all think? some surprise reincarnation in the next one? think there will be a next one? who do you think could play the Joker after Heath Ledger?
    07-18-08 12:25 PM
    I'm hoping that twoface isn't dead. Seems like his character could do much more for any future movies. If you want to get picky, they didn't check to see if he was dead after the fall. If batman survived the fall maybe he could. But batman has his suit so its arguable.

I was surprised that Rachel got killed, too. Thought batman would have saved her since he said he was going for her.

As far as Lucius, he said that as long as that machine was at the Wayne building, he didn't want to work there, right? Or something to that effect. But didn't he destroy it? That's what I perceived as he walked away from it and it started to spark out. So I thought well if he just destroyed it then guess he's back to working for Wayne Ent.

And then there's the Joker dilemma. Ledger was ******** awesome as the Joker. Definitely made that character his own! But now since he's gone and the Joker has the possibility of showing up again, I can't imagine anyone playing Joker but Ledger. They wanted a dark Joker and he pulled that off awesomely. As one man, Joker turned that city upside down. The ferry bombs, the Reese or the hospital, and people dying until batman unmasks himself, this Joker was more a dark and sinister joker than the Nicolson Joker ever was.

After the horrible batmans before Nolan came in, I thought thre batman franchise was in the sh*tter. Nolan definitely revived Batman. No more batmobiles that are half neon lights or batsuits with nipples. I saw this in IMAX with my gf and even she wants to see it again. And I always have to drag her to the movies and she's especially not a fan of action movies. So we plan to go see it again. IMAX of course .
    07-19-08 11:42 AM
    I think it's plausible that Twoface could return. Sad that Rachel doesn't have that luxury.

I can't imagine anyone attempting to play the Joker character again after the tour de force performance by Ledger but I could be wrong. What a challenge that would be for any actor!

Was there anything special on screen for Ledger after the credits? I had to bail about midway through.
    07-19-08 02:27 PM
    Was there anything special on screen for Ledger after the credits? I had to bail about midway through.
    No; I stayed and there wasn't.

If the Joker does reappear for another movie; I don't think finding another actor to pull-off the role will be difficult. There are some really great actors that can play him (Edward Norton and Adrien Brody come to mind). Will there be big shoes to fill? OH H*LL YES; I mean the job Heath Ledger did; set the bar up pretty darn high for the Joker.

Soon after The Dark Knight was made; a magainze (forgot which one) interviewed Heath Ledger about his role as the Joker. He said that acting for the role was literally...physically and mentally draining on him. He said that at the end of the typical 12-hour shooting days; acting the role was more demanding than any other role he had ever played.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 07-19-08 at 04:32 PM.
    07-19-08 04:28 PM
    I liked how they set up Eric Roberts as the the penguin, it was clever.

It was SUCH a great movie!
    07-19-08 04:48 PM
    I was surprised that Rachel got killed, too. Thought batman would have saved her since he said he was going for her.
    i think what happened there was that the Joker told batman the wrong places, that he switched up Dent's and Rachel's location, cuz he knew that batman would go for Rachel, thus making both me lose the woman they love, and giving two face the reason he needed to change his ways
    07-21-08 08:30 AM

uh oh i guess i missed this part. the stupid italian. can you explain how he was set up to be the penguin?

i'm going to see it tonight for the 3rd time. obsessed? oh yes.
    Last edited by inthearmsofsl33p; 07-21-08 at 09:35 AM.
    07-21-08 08:33 AM
    ok the only thing i can see him being the penguin is he has a cane...
    07-22-08 02:56 PM
    Uuuuh.... How was he set up to be the penguin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 03:06 PM
    So is it really that easy (assuming financial stability) to plant that many explosives in a hospital and 2 ferries without anyone noticing? I mean I understand having people on the inside, but there were like 20+ charges that went off in the hospital. Who doesn't notice someone planting bombs all over the place?

Also the movie seems to attempt to make the statement that people are inherently good and won't kill each other, but then undoes it all when it asserts that for the right place we will simply sell each other out to let someone else do the killing.

Action: Awesome.
    The Joker: Best Acting so far this year hands down
    Story: Laaaaaame
    07-22-08 08:16 PM
    Well if we're going to pick apart the movie, who knows how long it took Joker to plant all those bombs in the hospital. Who knows whether he had help. Now assuming that he or his accomplices (if any) didn't walk around with sticks of dynamite taped together with a clock on the front in their hands and yelled, "I'm planting a bomb!" I don't think its hard to hide explosives in a box or hide them at all. He didn't seem to be short of any help. So maybe he had plenty of goons to move all those barrels of gasoline while the ferry was parked during the middle of the night.

I could be wrong but the point is is that we have no idea how he did it but it seems very plausible.

"people are inherently good and won't kill each other, but then undoes it all when it asserts that for the right place we will simply sell each other out to let someone else do the killing"
    --looking that in depth into the movie, you would have a point.... if they didn't want batman to turn himself in and capture him.
    Even in the first movie, the cops were trying to capture him. During Dent's press conference, the people wanted batman to turn himself in becuase things turned to crap when he showed up.

Personally, in my opinion of humanity, if there was someone who started killing criminals, drug dealers, or murderers, there would definitely be a good percentage of the population would be alright with someone taking out the garbage. I think the movie captured our human nature accurately. The movie had a solid and entertaining story.

07-22-08 08:52 PM
    Good points. I think I explained myself incorrectly. When I said he undid all the good by asserting that for the right price* we will simply sell each other out to let someone else do the killing I was referring to the corrupt cops that traded hospital bills for human lives. It just seems to me that such "victimless" crimes are too easy for people to commit because people while inherently non-evil are also quite selfish.

Also, I would hope that if a situation like this ever happened someone would be smart enough to not let the Joker has such easy media access. I mean, if those threats weren't so conveniently televised then his whole means of chaos would be foiled. I am going to allow myself to not over analyze this and just except the directors rather harsh criticisms off our media.
    07-22-08 09:00 PM
    Yea but with certain movies, especially movies as good as this, its interesting to analyze and interpret how you see it.

But you're right. People are selfish. I like hope for the best in people but expect the worst. Joker said it best, "People are only as good as the world allows." When the world is cruel, so are the people.

07-22-08 11:58 PM
    No; I stayed and there wasn't.
    Good to know. Thanks Hi-Def!
    07-23-08 07:09 AM
    haha well i don't think this movie was made to be exactly plausible... then what would be the point?

picking out what could and couldn't happen isn't that useful... it'd be like trying to prove how superman couldn't really exist.

i take it for what it is. every movie has things that happen that you're like HA how could that happen. but then you're like oh yeah.... it's a movie... which is why the Joker survived a semi flipping over with him in it and all the MCU blowing up and killing everyone but him conveniently. just a great story
    07-23-08 08:26 AM
    Dark Knight was a good movie a little too long for me. I dont think though you go in trying to figure out how the Joker pulled all those stunts you just try to enjoy the madness behind it
    07-23-08 10:32 AM
    The semi flipping over was sick!

But what got me was hearing Joker tell Batman that they could fight forever..but you know that no one will play The Joker as perfect as Ledger did....He was a phenomenal actor
    07-23-08 01:19 PM
    But what got me was hearing Joker tell Batman that they could fight forever..but you know that no one will play The Joker as perfect as Ledger did....He was a phenomenal actor
    yeah that made me really sad. all i could think was well, no, you won't. pooooor guy.
    07-23-08 01:41 PM
    How about a magic trick...

07-25-08 08:12 PM
    How about a magic trick...

lol That was just crazy when he did that.... I swear half of the movie theater jumped when he did that! He definately defined that role, no other will live up to it in my opinion....

Just curious, did any of you catch the other person they set up and can you guess who they would play???
    Last edited by snowboarder61; 07-27-08 at 03:24 AM.
    07-27-08 03:17 AM
    Just curious, did any of you catch the other person they set up and can you guess who they would play???
    Catwoman!!
    07-27-08 11:40 AM
    It was excellent on IMAX

07-27-08 11:44 AM
    07-27-08 11:51 AM
    Catwoman!!
    Who and how were they setup to play catwoman? Guess I missed something. Even after watching it twice.

07-27-08 02:10 PM
    Who and how were they setup to play catwoman? Guess I missed something. Even after watching it twice.

When he wanted a new suit after he got attacked by dogs. Lucius said something about cat scratches or something.
    07-27-08 03:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD