I didn't read all the comments because I wanted to reply to original post. My story is almost exactly the same. Wife hates android (uses on her samsung galaxy camera). Wife has had the q10 and z10.

She put up with the phones for me the fan boy, when passport came out I asked if she wanted one and said no and went back to playing hayday on her ipad.

I realized she was just using BlackBerry because she loves me and wanted to support my fetish I guess.

Bought her a 6+ and she has never been happier with a phone. It works well with her imac and her ipad. All the apps just work on it. It's sad, but side loading and the amazon app store just don't replace the google play store and apple app store. Especially running a 1x1 ratio of passport and q10

Lately even I have been thinking about a switch, might try windows, another under dog story in the mobile world.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:49 PM
    I could go buy anything I want at anytime... but I always ask my wife first. I could go drinking with the boys after work.. but I ask my wife first.. I could leave the chores to her and go fishing, but I ask my wife first. I could buy a new tv, but I ask my wife first. I could wear my old high school jacket which I love for ever but wife bought me a new one. I could wear the sandles that were too sizes too big but I bought on sale, but my wife took me shopping and bought me new shoes. I could go on forever.... it's about being in a relationship and surrendering to your spouse in trust a little. 15 years of marriage going on 1 day at a time.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 01:57 PM
    For me, I notice when I use my BlackBerry (Passport), I tend to use media and social media less. With my iPhone 6 Plus, I tend to do it all. Yes, BlackBerry simply gets it done, but for users that want more media, games etc., iPhone offers them something different
    01-14-15 02:11 PM
    I could go buy anything I want at anytime... but I always ask my wife first. I could go drinking with the boys after work.. but I ask my wife first.. I could leave the chores to her and go fishing, but I ask my wife first. I could buy a new tv, but I ask my wife first. I could wear my old high school jacket which I love for ever but wife bought me a new one. I could wear the sandles that were too sizes too big but I bought on sale, but my wife took me shopping and bought me new shoes. I could go on forever.... it's about being in a relationship and surrendering to your spouse in trust a little. 15 years of marriage going on 1 day at a time.

Posted via CB10
    Whipped much!? :teehee:

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    01-15-15 12:41 PM
    If BB had kiosks in US shopping malls and staffed them with approachable, helpful people, fewer women would depend on their boyfriends/husbands/brothers for tech advice. Always have the white versions on display, too.
    (Approachable & helpful aren't words that come to mind when I think of Blackberry, the company. When I looked on their website I saw you get only 14 days of customer support from them.)
    Last edited by dbq10; 01-15-15 at 01:36 PM.
    01-15-15 01:14 PM
    I'm guessing the OP didn't go Windows Phone for the same Blackberry reasons.
    Not even a chance to sideload, right?
    Oh snap! :-)

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-18-15 04:21 PM
    Android apps will always be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Plus what I'm starting to call the problem of the "Lazy/Cheap Developer". I.e., the developer who thinks saving the time and money of porting instead of developing native will avoid making users unhappy.

An Android port...is an Android port...is an Android port.
    01-19-15 06:09 PM
32 12