My wife was at a pet store the other day and these people came in looking for someone to take 3 Holland Lop rabbits off their hands. They had been in Colorado for a few months working on a movie. The Dad had purchased the bunnies as temporary pets for his Kids. Now that it was time to go back to California, they had to get rid of them. The a#[email protected] was going to dump them off in a field! My horrified wife scooped them up and brought them home. I spent the last couple days building a hutch for them. Good thing she was there, those mini bunnies wouldn't have lasted a week. Some people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 10:40 PM
    That's terrible.

He should've been jailed.. & beat, lol. There is no such thing as a "temporary pet"! I'm a pet owner & I would've called the cops if I had seen that!

Your wife & yourself are good peoples!
    07-31-08 08:57 AM
    We're lucky and live on a ranch, lol, we've got lots of different animals. These bunnies are actually pretty cute - tiny bodies, huge floppy ears and big ol thumper hind feet. I'll try and get a picture to put up, but they are young and in constant motion, haha. My heeler actually herds them around our big barn.

07-31-08 09:50 AM
    Oh Oh I wanna see a pic of the bunnies lol Bunnies are so cute! lol I think that guy needs a baseball ball upside the head... those poor lil bunnies.
    07-31-08 09:54 AM
    I love animals and this kind of stuff definitely makes me mad. I'm glad you and your wife took them in!!!

07-31-08 09:56 AM
    My wife was at a pet store the other day and these people came in looking for someone to take 3 Holland Lop rabbits off their hands. They had been in Colorado for a few months working on a movie. The Dad had purchased the bunnies as temporary pets for his Kids. Now that it was time to go back to California, they had to get rid of them. The a#[email protected] was going to dump them off in a field! My horrified wife scooped them up and brought them home. I spent the last couple days building a hutch for them. Good thing she was there, those mini bunnies wouldn't have lasted a week. Some people.

That's just awful. I can't imagine treating animals as if they were disposable. Thanks for taking them in.
    07-31-08 10:08 AM
    Here's my attempt to put some pictures up . Aren't they cute? they have their very own stall during the day -- during winter they'll have to live in another place because a horse will be living here, haha, .
    07-31-08 10:37 AM
    Here's some bigger versions you can open to see,
    07-31-08 10:50 AM
    thank goodness for you and your wife!! a horrible story turned good!!

i love animals so it breaks my heart to hear stories like this!!
    07-31-08 11:05 AM
    Twernt nuttin, (that oughta throw spell checker ). My wife has a heart of gold. Always taking in strays - she married me, case closed haha. I have to admit these little bunnies are pretty cute. They are the smallest of the mini breeds, very tame. They run up to me when I go in their stall, and climb all over my feet. It'd melt the hardest heart.

07-31-08 04:08 PM
    Oh! They are so cute!

Take good care of 'em!!
    07-31-08 06:51 PM
    You guys are great people. I would have done the exact same thing! I hate when people are so mean to animals!

07-31-08 07:01 PM
    I cannot understand how ppl can be so cold hearted when it comes to animals sometimes..
    its very sad
    however, very forunate that good ppl like yourselves gave them a new loving PERMANENT home!
    08-02-08 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD