If I were to suggest that crackberry administer an online IQ test upon sign up which was mandatory to complete before posting... And where a user must score more than 85 points to reply to a post in the forum... is that discrimination?

What if I could instead apply a filter to my viewing in the forum so that I do not see any posts or replies from any user who scored below 85? Is that more acceptable?

I think a lot of the discourse here could be curbed with such a feature. If there is such a test for emotional intelligence I'd like that to be included in the filter criteria as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:03 AM
    With a post like that, It would be questionable whether you'd pass your own test. Ridiculous idea.
    shaleem, kbz1960, Carjackd and 3 others like this.
    12-20-13 03:06 AM
    I didn't ask if it was ridiculous, I asked if it was discriminatory. You also have failed the test.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:08 AM
    yes your suggestion discriminated
    12-20-13 03:18 AM
    Upon reflection, the blocking for posting is hands down discrimination. But the personal opt-out by filtering my view to only those posters with < or > X IQ points I think should be acceptable.

I think of it as a pre-emptive addition to the ignore list purely based on the likelihood of a user saying something I would be likely to ignore anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:30 AM
    reminds me of the movie "god bless america" where the protagonist wants everyone to have a mark in the face, as soon as they vote for american idol, so he can avoid talking to them.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 06:19 AM
    reminds me of the movie "god bless america" where the protagonist wants everyone to have a mark in the face, as soon as they vote for american idol, so he can avoid talking to them.

Posted via CB10
    Now that movie sounds like something I might be interested in.

Posted via CB10
    si001 likes this.
    12-20-13 09:03 AM
    I don't know if it's discrimination but what is your IQ?

I would think someone with a high IQ would be able to see who has an unsatisfactory IQ and smart enough to use the ignore function.

What is your IQ? Let's do this for ugly people too as I don't like ugly people /sarcasm
    12-20-13 09:15 AM
    If I were to suggest that crackberry administer an online IQ test upon sign up which was mandatory to complete before posting... And where a user must score more than 85 points to reply to a post in the forum... is that discrimination?

What if I could instead apply a filter to my viewing in the forum so that I do not see any posts or replies from any user who scored below 85? Is that more acceptable?

I think a lot of the discourse here could be curbed with such a feature. If there is such a test for emotional intelligence I'd like that to be included in the filter criteria as well.

Posted via CB10
    If this were the case, I probably would have never seen this thread.
    12-20-13 09:40 AM
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-20-13 09:58 AM
    That's strange. I had assumed no one would set a filter to avoid seeing posts from IQs higher than their own.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:22 AM
    Upon reflection, the blocking for posting is hands down discrimination. But the personal opt-out by filtering my view to only those posters with < or > X IQ points I think should be acceptable.

I think of it as a pre-emptive addition to the ignore list purely based on the likelihood of a user saying something I would be likely to ignore anyway.

Posted via CB10
    If you require the above, maybe you should host your own forum on your site? Then you could filter all you want.

White Q10 on AT&T (BBM #5)
    Anilu7 likes this.
    12-20-13 11:43 AM
    i'd LOVE that feature on youtube comments, btw.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 11:44 AM