View Poll Results: Direct TV vs Cable

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have Direct TV

7 35.00%
  • Cable for me

13 65.00%
    DirecTV is better than cable by far. I live in the Northeast and only loose my signal on average twice a year due to "rainfade" and usually for no more than 10 minutes. If you have a DVR then it really doesn't matter...just switch to something you recorded and ride out the storm.

DTV's customer service is also much better than Cablevision's could hope to be. I switched years ago when Cablevision refused to carry the YES Network and not once have I regretted it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-08 11:00 PM
    I guess the price depends on where you are located regarding cable prices. I just switched from direct tv to verizon fios tv. I never had a problem with Direct TV. There customer service and reception was very good. I switched to FIOS tv because it is much cheaper.

I get twice the amount of channels in high definition with a dvr. With Direct TV you pay extra for a high def dish, box, dvr, and channels. As far as price goes FIOS tv is much cheaper. I am saving over $50.00 a month for a much better deal. I am getting FIOS TV, internet, and phone for $140.00 a month. My direct tv bill was $100.00.

I think you will be happy with Direct TV but I would see what other options are available to you. They have very good service but may not be the best deal depending on where you live.

If you do go with Direct TV you have the power to wheel and deal with them. The price they give you is very negotiable for everything. Also they have a retention department who will lower your bill considerably if you attempt to cancel your service when your contract is up.
    08-21-08 12:24 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD