I just ordered Direct Tv! I'll get the installation on Thur (between 8am-12pm) and am kinda excited and nervous!!

I have never had cable myself so BIG step!! hehe...
    I did a lot of comparisons between Direct TV and cable and it seems to be the better deal!!

Who else has DTV?
    09-16-08 11:28 AM
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I work for at&t and we used to sell direct tv. Cancel the service. If you cancel now they will let you out of your 2 YEAR contract for free. Direct tv blows so hard its not even funny. I imagine they told you with basic programming for two tvs it will run you almost 70 dollars, whereas comcast cable int and television is only 100

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 11:46 AM
    I love our direct tv. The only time we have issues are when there is a bad storm only once in the past 2 years have we had an issue. Dh loves sunday ticket too!

09-16-08 01:23 PM
    I'm going back to it today, i had dish and i hated it. i know you are going to love it
    09-16-08 01:27 PM
    I have Direct TV and I must say its the best. I have all the channels and pay less than 100 a month. I say go for it. I have had DTV for 5 years and it only went out 3x
    09-16-08 02:26 PM
    I really like Direct tv, too. Vinnie's mistaken about prices. My comcast digital service without TiVo and one premium channel was $90. I now pay that much and get DVR, 2 premium channels, an additional room and the HD package. I'm in tv heaven. I have only lost signal a couple times in the last 3 years -- and then only for the worst part of the storm.

09-16-08 02:40 PM
    I've had DTV for almost four years and it has been great I've just got the game lounge channel added and I've been very addicted to it , its like a destressing channel for me
    09-16-08 02:40 PM
    I thought being mistaken was only limited to politics for some. . I've heard nothing but good about DirectTV from people I know who have it. I have Dish Network; and it sucks. I'm not going to comment on the signal's strength and longevity...because I know that's geographic/weather/specific installation dependent.

All I know is that Dish makes a mockery of my bill almost every other month; and my service on rainy days is as consistent as Rex Grossman was on his passing...no surprise when Dish' parent company is Sprint huh? Haha.

I hope you either got a package w/ some HD channels; or will add one on sooner than later...then again; you'd need an HDTV to actually take advantage of that. That's the one things I REALLY enjoy about my HD channels w/ Dish...you have to peel my eyeballs away from my Sony when those football games are broadcast in HI-DEF!

Enjoy it.
    Last edited by Hi-Definition; 09-16-08 at 03:19 PM.
    09-16-08 03:17 PM
    My mother in Vermont has Dish, and I noticed a huge difference between it and Direct. The way Direct handles HD channels is way ahead of Dish -- and I have many more than she does. All Pro and most college football games are HD. I will say heavy rain and snow affects her signal much more than mine.

As far as Direct's billing, my problem is they forget to put PPV I've watched on my bill. I will add that if you get behind with paying your bill, they will not help you with customer service requests -- or so I've been told,

I had such a bad experience with Comcast CS that I cannot be objective about them or their service -- so you have to take what I say about them with a grain of salt.

09-16-08 06:55 PM
    Wow, trust me, when it rains, direct goes out, when its windy, direct goes out...etc. I work for at&t and hear it all day long, trust me. If you have more than one tree in your yard, forget about it. Trust me on the pricing with comcast, its available on their website if you dont believe me.

09-16-08 07:13 PM
    NOoooooooooooo don't cancel ur direct tv. I had direct tv for 4yrs and love it to death. Comcast is soooooooo expensive it's not worth gettin. Always read the fine print with comcast they are very tricky.
    Trust me u will be in loooooove with ur direct tv trust us we will not steer u wrong. Let's give it up for direct tv. Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/202427739
    www.blackplanet.com/ms_kei1029
    blackberry insant message: Kei
    Yahoo instant message:keikey33

09-16-08 07:44 PM
    Side by side comparison of comcast and direct tv

Comcast has almost twice as much HD as direct

Comcast goes out less than half as much as Direct TV

Comcast gives you internet, telephone and television for 100 dollars

Direct tv gives you just television for around 60

It's not even a question.

09-16-08 07:50 PM
    Vinnie, do you work for Comcast? A whole bunch of us here have Direct TV (you don't) and we're telling you that the stuff you're warning us about either doesn't happen or is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. Were giving you personal stories and you're telling us we're liars .

Speaking of Comcast internet, some days it was as slow as dial-up. Personal true story. I could never, ever get a service appointment within three weeks of calling in. I have never waited more than a few days with Direct. The OP is asking actual customers about it, why not let us answer? I'm sure some people have had bad experiences with Direct TV. Whe you're the largest sat provider, it's bound to happen. My experience has been good overall.
    Last edited by exelant; 09-17-08 at 10:23 AM.
    09-16-08 11:33 PM
    I will agree in the sense that Direct does have good customer service, and comcast is sub par. I listen to people all day complain about direct and dish, its ridiculous. I have comcast in my house by choice. The internet speed is fantastic, the television is great, and I couldn't tell you about the phone because I dont use it. I promise you one thing, if you get comcast, you will not be dissapointed.

09-17-08 11:16 AM
    i had comcast and now i have bright house (pretty much the same thing) they suck. the boxes are junk the signal breaks up for no reason. we have had to call the 3 or 4 time to fix things in about the same months i really really hate cable period. and i am reminded how much better dtv is every time i go to my dads house or other familys houses.
    09-17-08 01:42 PM
    Get anything but comcast! I used to work for them and their services are highly over prices! Sure the triple play for 100 bucks sounds good, but that only includes one tv. Then after a year it sky rockets to over $160.
    09-17-08 08:39 PM
    wow!! lot of DTV love!!

i just got it installed today and cant wait to get home and play with it. i actually had to leave before the install guy got there to get to work and then my dad came over for the install. (he has dtv too!!)

i have 100+ channels with dvr for about $40 per month. and then my first 5 months i will get $10 off because my parents "referred" me and we both get this credit. i have no need for hd yet because i dont have a tv that it will work with. i might ask for one for christmas!! and i just have one receiver - no need for two in my cozy (read: small) apt. my main tv is good enough...maybe eventually it'll make it's way to the bedroom!!

when i called the 800 to order service i had a great CSR! she did not pressure me into anything extra that i did not want (extra premium channels; hd channels; extra receievers etc) and was so nice and helpful!!

sooo excited to get home...

(now i just have to deal with att customer service (nightmare) to get my home internet back up and running again!!)
    09-18-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD