I didn't see anything like this in my search. So, post anything that is off the wall or really interesting. Please keep it as factual as possible.

I will start with this.

The 70' band Three Dog Night got it's name from vocalist Danny Hutton's then-girlfriend June Fairchild suggested the name after reading a magazine article aboutindigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground whilst embracing adingo, a native species of wild dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and if a night was especially cold, it was a "three dog night.
    04-09-10 10:50 PM
    The band Pink Floyds' name is a combination of the first names of two
    delta blues musicians: Pink Anderson and Floyd Cousin

Mercury is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature.
    04-09-10 11:21 PM
    The story goes that a young Jimmy Page was talking to a young Keith Moon, about his new band, and he predicted Jimmy's new band would go over like a "led ballon" a common phase in England at the time for a failure. And Jimmy, decided to go with the name, hence Led Zepplin was born. Or so the story goes.
    04-09-10 11:32 PM
    The story goes that a young Jimmy Page was talking to a young Keith Moon, about his new band, and he predicted Jimmy's new band would go over like a "led ballon" a common phase in England at the time for a failure. And Jimmy, decided to go with the name, hence Led Zepplin was born. Or so the story goes.
    Page chose "Led" rather than "Lead" because he did not want the band name to be pronounced as "leed".

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-09-10 11:36 PM
    "Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand,
    and "lollipop" is the longest typed with only your right.

"Typewriter" is the longest word that can be typed using only
    the first row of letters.
    04-09-10 11:43 PM
    In the early days of Blue Öyster Cult, their manager suggested that they adopt nicknames. Donald Roeser, the lead guitarist, was the only member to continue using his nickname Buck Dharma.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-09-10 11:52 PM
    The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch
    every year because when it was built, engineers failed to
    take into account the weight of all the books that would
    occupy the building.

In the English language there are no words that rhyme with
    either "month" or "orange."
    04-10-10 12:11 AM
    In one of the most boneheaded product placement moves, Mars, Inc. (ironic name) declined
    having the M&Ms product to be used in the movie "ET the Extra-Terrestrial."
    Mars felt the ET would scare children and doubted the movie would have any
    significant box office.

This opened the door for the Hershey Corp. and it's under-performing Resse's
    Pieces. With advertising and the movie tie-ins their sales shot up massively.
    04-10-10 12:31 AM
    When name his band founder of the band Alan Parsons started a "project" with other "project administration personnel" to "drill down" on this whole "music" thing he'd heard so much about. So he named it that "The Alan Parsons Project".
    04-10-10 12:50 AM
    A cats jaws cannot move sideways.
    04-10-10 12:59 AM
    A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
    04-10-10 01:15 AM
    Here's one Ive tried and really works. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
    04-10-10 01:17 AM
    In the English language there are no words that rhyme with
    either "month" or "orange."
    Nor purple and silver.
    04-10-10 01:20 AM
    The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated
    that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
    04-10-10 02:34 AM
    Sylvester Stallone pitched "Rocky" to several movie studios and many didn't accept
    it because they didn't think the script was worthy enough to be altered into a
    movie. When MGM accepted it, the script was altered a bit during the moviemaking.

Also, MGM didn't want Sylvester Stallone to play the part of Rocky as he was still
    a virtual unknown in Hollywood. They rather would have had someone recognizable
    such as Burt Reynolds.

The original "Rocky" ended up winning the Oscar for best picture.
    04-10-10 08:26 PM
    Acute hasopharyngitis is more commonly known as a cold.

Nearly a 25% of all 206 human bones can be found in the feet.

The "funny bone" is not a bone, it is a nerve.
    04-10-10 09:35 PM
    Apparently, it is almost unknown in the world of automobiles that an 18 wheeler has only 10 brakes and takes about 300' to stop from 55mph. Up to 700 on a wet road.

(Admittedly, some truck drivers don't respect this either, riding the bumpers of cars when they have no business doing so.)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-11-10 at 07:46 AM.
    04-11-10 07:43 AM
    Based on the latest exhaustive research by my 4 year old, angels eat chicken.
    04-11-10 12:24 PM
    Based on the latest exhaustive research by my 4 year old, angels eat chicken.

Not on Sunday.
    04-11-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD